Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?

Go down 
+4
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
Mecha
Based Sonji
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? Empty
PostSubject: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 2:01 pm

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? Sq4w7
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? And-not-a-single-fuck-500x506
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:18 pm

That cat's tail looks like a penis...
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Right, because as we all know, Aussies have no other financial obligations to fulfill.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

Mecha wrote:
That cat's tail looks like a penis...

My thoughts exactly.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:48 pm

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? 457301478 Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? 457301478 Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? 457301478

Australians suck. End of story.

EDIT: Since the members are so ubersrs, YEAH GO AUSTRALIA!!! THEY NEED HELP PLEASE HELP THEM!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 5:03 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:10 pm

Your ignorance amazes me Sonji
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:11 pm

ghost23 wrote:

I'm being serious. If you make 15AUD flipping burgers, I don't see why Aussies complain about the price of videogames seeing as they can get one for about 6.?? hours of work.

NOTE: THIS IS SOLELY ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:36 pm

Yeah, let's just leave out the part where Aussies pay for their homes/apartments, water, heating, electricity, and food, not to mention taxes.

But like I said, we all know that Aussies do nothing but spend their money on video games. eye roll
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:40 pm

TRF wrote:
Yeah, let's just leave out the part where Aussies pay for their homes/apartments, water, heating, electricity, and food, not to mention taxes.

But like I said, we all know that Aussies do nothing but spend their money on video games. eye roll

Not what I meant. If you have to pay for your home/apartments, water, heating, electricity, and food, not to mention taxes, maybe you should be worrying about that instead of videogames. People in the USA have to pay for all of that too, and we also have to work longer to pay for our games but you don't hear them complaining as much as Aussies do about videogames. If anyone has it hard, it's the fucking Brazilians.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

I'm being serious. If you make 15AUD flipping burgers, I don't see why Aussies complain about the price of videogames seeing as they can get one for about 6.?? hours of work.

NOTE: THIS IS SOLELY ABOUT VIDEO GAMES.

You don't get it.
EVERYTHING is more expensive in Australia. Property is so fucking expensive here because a large majority of the land is not inhabitable. Basic essentials such as food and drink is also a lot more expensive. Recently there was just a new Carbon Tax introduced where we will have to pay about 10% more for electricity, gas and petrol. Petrol will start costing $1.50 per litre soon.
And if you compare other items such as :
games- $99 AUD- $59 USD
PS3- $499 AUD- $299 USD
Internet- $70 AUD per month for 8mbps- Don't know exact international prices, but I guarantee it's a lot cheaper.
Cinema tickets are around $10 USD from memory, well we pay $21 AUD.

See how it's not just games that we get ripped off on? The logic is, every other country pays close to the $60 USD equivalent for games, if our dollar is stronger than the USD, why do we deserve to pay $99 RRP.

Another thing, our economy is vastly different to that of UK and USA, our entire population is 22 million people and our labour force is tiny compared to a lot of other top economies. If we were to lower minimum wages, our entire economy would suffer because of the decrease in personal income levels and the subsequent decrease in consumer spending. GDP per capita in USA is $47,000 and GDP per capita in Australia is $39,000. So on average an American earns more money than an Australian. If you aren't aiming for more than minimum wage in your life, than god help you.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Everything in AUS is more expensive because people in AUS get payed 15/HOUR FOR MINIMUM WAGE. Everything is higher-priced as compensation for that. If minimum wage in the US was $15/hr do you honestly believe that games would be $60? Or that movie tickets would be $10?

Also, http://www.livingin-australia.com/salaries-australia/

The average salary AUS is over 60k a year.

EDIT: More links: http://www.mybudget360.com/how-much-does-the-average-american-make-breaking-down-the-us-household-income-numbers/
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 7:51 pm

I don't think video game prices are dictated by minimum wage. :/
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:14 pm

If you work at a job that pays you more than minimum wage in AUS (something like what? 35 - $50 an hour?) then this is completely fair. It is pretty straight forward economics that you will be charged more for everything than in the US.

Beyond that, the complaining started when the AUD gained value against the USD, it used to be 1:2, now it is 1:1 and only has been for a relatively short amount of time. You shouldn't see it as a reason to start complaining, but an opportune time to start importing video games. It is nice to know that in one hour of working at a very basic job there I could purchase STALKER, Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Pack, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and and Just Cause 2 during the Steam Summer Sale.

This isn't injustice, it is how economies work. Goods tend to be priced relative to wages. If you wan't the prices to be lower, then import the shit out of all your games, you can save huge amounts of money by doing this and it will in turn, with enough people doing it, hopefully drive down the domestic retail price.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:42 pm

Sonji wrote:
If you work at a job that pays you more than minimum wage in AUS (something like what? 35 - $50 an hour?) then this is completely fair. It is pretty straight forward economics that you will be charged more for games than in the US.

Beyond that, the complaining started when the AUD gained value against the USD, it used to be 1:2, now it is 1:1 and only has been for a relatively short amount of time. You shouldn't see it as a reason to start complaining, but an opportune time to start importing video games. It is nice to know that in one hour of working at a very basic job there I could purchase STALKER, Grand Theft Auto IV Complete Pack, Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and and Just Cause 2 during the Steam Summer Sale.

This isn't injustice, it is how economies work. Goods tend to be priced relative to wages. If you wan't the prices to be lower, then import the shit out of all your games, you can save huge amounts of money by doing this and it will in turn, with enough people doing it, hopefully drive down the domestic retail price.

First of all, a basic supply/demand graphic dictates that goods and services are priced based on the factors of the quantity supplied and the quantity demanded (not the level of wages). The reason that games prices are so high in Australia isn't because of minimum wages, its because you American corporations purposely charge more for the shipping of games into Australia. This increases the price of the quantity supplied, and in turn increases the price of games.

http://www.australiaforum.com/information/general/cost-of-living-in-australia-compared-to-the-us.html
Average house prices in America is $269,000
Average house prices in Australia is $381,000. Over $100,000 price differences indicates the expensive cost of living in Australia. When you take all those factors into consideration, such as the expensive prices of necessities, the high wages is offset by the high cost of living. If cost of living is that much higher in Australia, is it just that we should also be paying so much more for entertainment such as games?

Please don't say that we complain about game prices a lot. Americans bitch about paying $60 for a game. When ODST was priced at $60, you guys bitched endlessly when I was paying $99. When Kinect was priced at $150, you bitched endlessly when I had to pay $200. When PS3 was priced at $599, you guys bitched endlessly when we were paying $999.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:45 pm

You dun did got owned Sonji.
Back to top Go down
Mikenuge
Guard
Guard
Mikenuge

Stature : 39
UK
Playing : With my small penis

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:52 pm

pc wins
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:54 pm

Maybe I titled it wrong, but $999 is something that should be complained about. However, if you honestly think that you should be paying $60 videogames you're insane. If you got payed $15/hr to flip burgers at McD's, that'd be an outrage.

By your standards, games in the US should be like $40.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Australia

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:06 pm

Sonji wrote:
Maybe I titled it wrong, but $999 is something that should be complained about. However, if you honestly think that you should be paying $60 videogames you're insane. If you got payed $15/hr to flip burgers at McD's, that'd be an outrage.

I'm insane because I believe that I do not deserve to be ripped off by companies? OK mate, if you really think that way than I got nothing more to say.
And maybe games should cost $40 in the US. The reason every currency in the world got higher exchange rates wasn't because our economies got stronger, it's cause yours got so damn weak.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:13 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:

I'm insane because I believe that I do not deserve to be ripped off by companies? OK mate, if you really think that way than I got nothing more to say.
And maybe games should cost $40 in the US. The reason every currency in the world got higher exchange rates wasn't because our economies got stronger, it's cause yours got so damn weak.

If I got paid $15 a year and games were still $60.... That's 4 hours of work.... We work relatively the same amount of time to purchase the same game.

EDIT: I see your point, I guess.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 7:18 am

Lol I get paid more than $15 an hour.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?   Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the fuck are you complaining, Aussies?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Off-Topic :: Rants-
Jump to: