Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

5 most overated games/franchises

Go down 
+15
Ihsahn
Franko
King_Skibatrax
Pizzy3C
RamboOnRedBull
Orc
Stoney
igame
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
TheJubJub5721
Mecha
NoelX2
Chobo
Stigma
19 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

5 most overated games/franchises Empty
PostSubject: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:20 pm

5. Uncharted
This game has very average gameplay, the second's story was a ripoff of the Lost Horizon, it's got a decent soundtrack with some witty dialogue. Sully is cool but Nathan is the Archtypical protagonist, nothing special about him. These games are ALL GRAPHICS, if the graphics were average the second would probably have a metascore of 80. For a platformer it has some surprisingly shitty platforming. It's completely guided, if you don't jump from exactly from where the game wants you to you fail. There is no alternative way of doing things. A game called the Saboteur has superior platforming and it's not even meant to be one. You can scale the fucking Eiffel Tower from any leg in about 4 minutes, you can climb up anything with a decent ledge, in Uncharted even if there are some ledges sticking out you can't climb that area because the game won't let you.

4. God of War
I loved the first god of war, it was awesome. Then I played the second and part of the third...THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME. Wow it's got some new powers big fucking deal it's still the same thing everytime. Even COD improves more with every illiteration.

3. COD
Self Explanatory

2. Red Dead Redemption
Really? What's so good about this game? There is nothing special about it, it's got a large map with a whole lot of nothing, basic gunplay, great story? 5 most overated games/franchises 457301478 you guys must not play a lot of games or read that many books. It's not bad but it's not good either.

1. GTAIV
:fuckthat: I was hyped to hell for this game and got it day 1. And what did I get? A "realistic" version which removed all of the previous' strengths and tried to be some serious game. I loved Vice City for many reasons. It was stylish, witty, unrealistic, and just fun in general. GTAIV is nothing like Vice City. I don't think San Andreas was as good as Vice City, but it was still pretty damn good. Cheat codes disable achievements and there is no tank. :fuckthat:, and the helicopter has some shitty ass controls. I'd imagine a helicopter is hard to pilot IRL, but this is just a damn game...I should be able to use it just fine as soon as I find it.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

5 most overated games/franchises 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:27 pm

@ 5 and 4

5 most overated games/franchises 3b9f4cf5_burn_the_witch_burn_witch_kill_monty_python_demotivational_poster_1223816026_RAGE-s640x605-133226-535
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:29 pm

I only have 3.

3. GTA IV - Great game but it wasn't like the others and it doesn't deserve a 10 but more like a high 8.

2. COD - self explanatory

1. RDR - It bored me to death. There's like nothing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

5 most overated games/franchises R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Funny how you don't list any Xbox 360 game on your list. :)
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Mecha wrote:
Funny how you don't list any Xbox 360 game on your list. :)

Cause he likes them? That's called an opinion 5 most overated games/franchises 3128676713

Anyways, I agree with Uncharted, CoD, and GTAIV, but I loved Red Dead to death.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

5 most overated games/franchises XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 10:42 pm

Half-Life
Mass Effect
Dragon Age
BioShock
Call of Duty
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 11:57 pm

U JELLY BRAH!

UNCHARTED 2: GOTY BITCHES!!!

GTA 4 sucks. I have never played God of War. COD sucks. Red Dead is awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 3:55 am

Totally disagree with 5, 4 and 2.

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:42 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:36 am

I agree with all of those except for Red Dead Redemption.

I agree about God of War.. I enjoyed the first one for a short while but even that was getting repetitive...then the next ones didn't do anything to change the formula or make it any more interesting.

I agree about Uncharted, though I've never cleared an uncharted game, they just seem a little dull to me personally. I can see the appeal, it's like a film in a game but the actual gameplay doesn't feel engaging enough.

I agree about gta IV.. it was horribly mediocre, hated the game mechanics, hated the movement, hated having to drive between islands just to reactivate failed missions.

I sort of agree with cod too.... fun but all the same ffs.

Red Dead I thought was awesome. After completion it got dull but the game was fun... though not as good as GUN imo.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

5 most overated games/franchises Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:39 am

5. Forza Motorsport
4. GTA
3. COD
2. Halo
1. Elder scrolls

All these games are either above-average or just mediocre......GET AT MEH BRO 8)
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:52 am

^
lol I was going to but then I saw Elder Scrolls and realised you just trollin I love you
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:08 am

5.God of war
4.Killzone
3.GTA
2.Final fantasy
1.CoD
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

5 most overated games/franchises R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:16 am

The word overrated is overrated. So fuck you all.
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:30 am

5-Mortal Kombat
4-GTA 5 most overated games/franchises 4240191902 looking on it I only like 3 and San Andreas
3-Final Fantasy
2-Battlefield
1-Madden
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

5 most overated games/franchises Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:38 am

Lykos wrote:
^
lol I was going to but then I saw Elder Scrolls and realised you just trollin I love you

lol....I actually mean it :/
Back to top Go down
King_Skibatrax
Villager
Villager
King_Skibatrax

Stature : 0
Trollopolis
Playing : trollin

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:22 am

5.Halo
4.Halo2
3.Halo3
2.HaloODST
1.HaloREACH

:challengeaccep

yall niggas caint fuck wit me
i move like a 10 year old with ADD
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 3:07 pm

King_Skibatrax wrote:
5.Halo
4.Halo2
3.Halo3
2.HaloODST
1.HaloREACH

:challengeaccep

yall niggas caint fuck wit me
i move like a 10 year old with ADD

I agree with this. Never saw how Halo was amazing, I enjoyed Halo 2 and 3's MP though.
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:06 pm

5-GTA
4-FF
3-LBP
2-NFS
1-COD
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Mini-Boss
Mini-Boss
Ihsahn

Stature : 4

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:16 pm

1. Elder Scrolls
2. Halo
3. COD
4. Mass Effect
5. RDR/GTA4
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 3:30 am

1. Starcraft
2. Mass Effect 2
3. Super Meat Boy
4. World Of WarCraft
5. Plants vs. Zombies
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 6:32 pm

5.COD
4.Shadow Of The Colossus
3.Uncharted
2.Left 4 Dead
1.GTA 4
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 30, 2011 7:59 am

5- Gta
4- Cod
3- Fifa
2- Batman AA
1- Tetris
Back to top Go down
Quitelikeican
Non-Valued Member
Non-Valued Member
Quitelikeican

Stature : 0
Closed Space

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 1:23 pm

3. Saint's Row series
2. Blood Omen 2
1. All Sports games
Back to top Go down
http://inuboy1000.webs.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 most overated games/franchises   5 most overated games/franchises I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5 most overated games/franchises
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Off-Topic :: Rants-
Jump to: