Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions

Go down 
+37
joe11akajaffyjoe
Quitelikeican
Metaljin
Tron Cat
King_Skibatrax
Che Guevara
Gutzahn
Ihsahn
Pickles1337
Shigdig
Shin_Akuma
Azazel
igame
RamboOnRedBull
Hydell
Pizzy3C
Blixtstorm
Mecha
Bluenose
2Sugoi2Die
Orc
Dam_Noir
The Enkindler
ghost23
NoelX2
yonny616
BioDemon
Based Sonji
TheJubJub5721
Stigma
Mikenuge
Stoney
Franko
The_Biotic_God
Chobo
Archduke
Jack the Spectre
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

Stature : 3

Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 2:09 am

Greg Jennings wrote:
Pickles1337 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
^^

It's still not theft. I'm not stealing money from the developer anyway, seeing as I most likely wouldn't be purchasing the game anyway.

http://www.gamingunion.net/news/ukie-estimates-game-piracy-rates-of-41-against-legitimate-sales--3766.html

Right, not theft.

Theft is the taking of an original object.

Piracy is more like cloning than it is theft. Also, that chart is fucking bullshit. I'm positive that I'm not the only one that only pirates games I know, 100% that I'm not going to buy anyway (DNF, Football Manager 2011, etc.).

If piracy is theft, then so is buying used games. Either way, the money doesn't go to the publisher

No, it's not. Money has already been made on a used game since somebody already bought it. And GameStop gives some of the trade-in credit back to the developers.

@TRF
Exactly, it seems people label it "piracy" as a justification that they're not doing anything wrong. That's still money people aren't getting. And they're just justifying the use of DRM, regardless of whether or not it works.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:02 pm

You guys: PIRACY IS WRONG / I PIRATE A SHITLOAD OF MUSIC LOL.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:10 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
You guys: PIRACY IS WRONG / I PIRATE A SHITLOAD OF MUSIC LOL.

So do I, lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 5:51 pm

I don't pirate music because I can't afford an Ipod.

I don't know how.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:39 pm

Pickles1337 wrote:
I don't pirate music because I can't afford an Ipod.

I don't know how.

Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 725796345 Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 725796345 Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 725796345

It's not that hard at all dude.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:57 pm

Fucking hypocrites. Telling me piracy is wrong when all of you pirate music.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:25 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:

There is a difference. You have almost no chance at getting caught pirating music. While, pirating movies and games have a bigger chance at getting caught since there are less of them.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Merchant
Merchant
Shin_Akuma

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:38 am

Final Fantasy has gotten really faggy over the years. all the guys look like girls.
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 am

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Final Fantasy has gotten really faggy over the years. all the guys look like girls.
Can't argue with that, while playing FFXII, I could hardly tell if Larsa was a man or a woman.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:29 am

DukeNukem34 wrote:
Greg Jennings wrote:

There is a difference. You have almost no chance at getting caught pirating music. While, pirating movies and games have a bigger chance at getting caught since there are less of them.
That has nothing to do with the morality or the legality of piracy.

I personally don't pirate anything: music, games, movies, etc.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:01 pm

I don't pirate music either. And it doesn't make sense to pirate music in the first place considering how cheap you can get an album at Itunes.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:54 pm

Alanski wrote:
I don't pirate music either. And it doesn't make sense to pirate music in the first place considering how cheap you can get an album at Itunes.

Unless you have 5,000+ songs.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:38 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Alanski wrote:

Weak. I got triple that Razz no way I am paying for it. Artists make their money off of concerts anyways, barely any revenue has ever come from album sales.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:06 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Alanski wrote:

Where the hell do you even have the time to listen to 5,000+ songs? That's over 300 hours worth of music.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:48 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
Alanski wrote:

I only have 1,000 songs. Sad I feel like such a n00b.
Back to top Go down
Pickles1337
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Pickles1337

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:44 pm

I don't remember ever pirating music. I'll admit, I pirated grim fandango, fallout, and american mcgee's alice(mostly because there was no way to get a hold of them legally except buying $500 copy off ebay) but I stopped after the hassle I went through with trying to get them to work. I'm waiting for Gog.com to put them up.

Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 pm

Greg Jennings wrote:
I agree Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
BioDemon
Graphics Mudokon
Graphics Mudokon
BioDemon

Stature : 48
America

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 pm

I don't pirate anything anymore, I used to pirate music but now I have Spotify.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 8:52 pm

I regret selling my ps3....
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 9:15 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Why did you sell it in the first place? and with the price drop, you going to pick up a new one?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:34 pm

I got one gaming confession:

This is very hard for me to say but....
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:39 pm

Alanski wrote:
I got one gaming confession:

This is very hard for me to say but....
Spoiler:

FUCK YEAH! TREY4LI4E!!! ALL HAIL THE TREY BROTHERHOOD!!!

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 am

chobo500 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Why did you sell it in the first place? and with the price drop, you going to pick up a new one?

I never used it. And yeah I plan on picking one up in a month or so.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:32 am

Mai/B. Jenet > The rest of the ladies > shit > even more shit > tali
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 9:08 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
chobo500 wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I never used it. And yeah I plan on picking one up in a month or so.

The Uncharted 3 trailer should be more than an incentive to pick one up. Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions   Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions - Page 17 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaming Confessions / Controversial Opinions
Page 17 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next