Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! Empty
PostSubject: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 13, 2016 2:29 am

Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! MjxhOBHM

Quote :
The purchase of multiple website domains had tipped us off last week regarding what the title might be for the upcoming Spider-Man reboot, but Sony Pictures officially announced Spider-Man Homecoming tonight during its big presentation at CinemaCon in Las Vegas!  

In addition to the official title card for the 2017 standalone movie which you can see above, the presentation also had star Tom Holland make a brief appearance just hours after attending the red carpet premiere of Captain America: Civil War, in which he will debut. According to The Hollywood Reporter, Sony presented a clip from that upcoming Marvel Studios threequel which had Tony Stark meeting Peter Parker at his Aunt May’s house.

As you might have guessed, “Homecoming” refers both to Peter Parker being in high school as well as the fact that he is now established in the Marvel Cinematic Universe where he belongs. The studio didn't address whether or not Spider-Man: Homecoming will be an adaptation of the comic book story of the same name, but what you do you think?

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 8:56 pm

That's terrible. Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! 2590470549
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 14, 2016 9:37 pm

yonny616 wrote:
That's terrible. Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! 2590470549

I thought it was a terrible as well at first. But when you really think about the tone they are going for, it makes sense. They are not interested in making a Spider-Man movie. They are going for a John Hughes-type/high school dramedy film with Spider-Man in it. And I welcome that, because lets face it, the style of the previous films has gotten stale.

Last edited by Mecha on Fri Apr 15, 2016 6:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 5:10 am

They didn't become stale, they weren't fresh to begin with, apart from Spiderman 1
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 6:05 am

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
They didn't become stale, they weren't fresh to begin with, apart from Spiderman 1

Exactly. Ever since the first Spider-Man movie, all people worried about was which villain Spider-Man was going to fight next. That got old really quick. You have to give us more than that.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 12:56 pm

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:

I thought it was a terrible as well at first. But when you really think about the tone they are going for, it makes sense. They are not interested in making a Spider-Man movie. They are going for a John Hughes-type/high school dramedy film with Spider-Man in it. And I welcome that, because lets face it, the style of the previous films has gotten stale.
I get that, it's still a bad title.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Laura Harrier And Tony Revolori In Talks To Join Diverse Cast Of SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING

Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! 29382910

Quote :
The cast of Spider-Man: Homecoming continues to grow, and Peter Parker now has two more classmates. First up is relative unknown Laura Harrier. Best known for starring in One Life to Live, The Wrap doesn't have any details on who the actress is playing, and there obviously any number of possibilities so we can't really hazard any guesses here! How about Mary Jane Watson?!

However, Tony Revolori's role may be a tad easier to figure out. The Grand Budapest Hotel and Dope star isn't going to be a villain, but Deadline states that he WILL be Peter Parker's high school nemesis. That sounds an awful lot like Flash Thompson, don't you think? However, The Wrap's Jeff Sneider mentions that he's playing Peter's friend Manuel, while also revealing that Marvel are looking to cast a second supporting villain who will be played by a non-white actor. 

These two join a cast which so far includes Tom Holland, Marisa Tomei, Zendaya, and Michael Keaton. Directed by Jon Watts from a script by John Francis Daley and Jonathan Goldstein, Spider-Man: Homecoming is set to be released next July. How do you think the cast is shaping up so far?

Source: Comic Book Movie

Looks like the reports about having a multi-racial cast is true. Which makes sense, since Spider-Man is from Queens. And I know people from Queens. Which I find funny how all of the previous Spider-Man movies have mostly white students in high school, even though that's probably inaccurate in this day and age. Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 16, 2016 11:55 pm

Where's the Mexican!? Not diverse until my people is represented. So far we only have El Diablo in Suicide Squad to look up to.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 17, 2016 5:15 am

yonny616 wrote:
Where's the Mexican!? Not diverse until my people is represented. So far we only have El Diablo in Suicide Squad to look up to.

They all probably decided to move out after a native Queens businessman decided to run for president. Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!   Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marvel's Spider-Man reboot title offically revealed!
Page 1 of 1