Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU Empty
PostSubject: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 11:57 am

WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU 3hru6p10

Quote :
Despite Warner Bros. claiming that they were "not concerned" with the massive drop in box office returns Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice suffered on its second weekend of release, it seems that coupled with the negative critical reception to the movie may well have made the studio reevaluate a few things.

THR reports that WB now plans to produce fewer small "homegrown" movies than usual, and put a much stronger focus on their big tentpole franchises: DC, LEGO, and Harry Potter/Fantastic Beasts - and part of that could involve some kind of shake-up where the burgeoning DCEU is concerned.

Though BvS was far from a flop (it should still gross between $800 and $900 million, with a slim chance at a billion), the movie can't have done as well as WB would have hoped, and insiders reckon though no major adjustments are expected, they will be taking a look at what went wrong.

The studio denies that any change in policy is planned, so we'll have to keep an eye on how things play out.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 5:59 pm

You will see less Pan, Jupiter Ascending, In the Heart of the Sea movies from WB from now on, but everything else is reportedly the same.

I don't know. This seems less to do with BvS and more to do with the bombs of risky, big budget movies instead.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 6:03 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
You will see less Pan, Jupiter Ascending, In the Heart of the Sea movies from WB from now on, but everything else is reportedly the same.

I don't know. This seems less to do with BvS and more to do with the bombs of risky, big budget movies instead.

Makes sense. Considering studios like Fox and Universal put out way less films than WB, yet they still made more money than WB these past few years.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 6:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Makes sense. Considering studios like Fox and Universal put out way less films than WB, yet they still made more money than WB these past few years.

If BvS was the reason, then it'd make zero sense to focus on the DCEU even more than before. That, to me, shows WB is trying to play their cards safer now.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2016 6:32 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

If BvS was the reason, then it'd make zero sense to focus on the DCEU even more than before. That, to me, shows WB is trying to play their cards safer now.

Well, one can argue that because of the disappointment of BvS, WB wants to make sure this doesn't happen again to any DC property. So maybe it's a bit of both.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 6:59 am

Still don't see how its less than expected, the first two dceu movies have made more than the first two mcu movies, I would say that justice league making less than a billion would be more of a worry
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2016 10:14 am

Mr Canai Spy wrote:
Still don't see how its less than expected, the first two dceu movies have made more than the first two mcu movies, I would say that justice league making less than a billion would be more of a worry

Okay, maybe Man of Steel. But BvS SHOULD have made more. It should made more. If the reviews were good, then the movie would have made over $200 million domestically, and probably would have hit the billion dollar club by now. Seriously, these are the two most iconic capeshit characters together on film for the first time. And for it to make less than freaking Iron Man 3 and The Dark Knight Rises is just sad. Not to mention, if Captain America: Civil War beats BvS, which it will, that will make WB look bad.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 08, 2016 7:56 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I'm not sure I like that, but I see why they're doing it after a poor 2015 with like 3 massive hits on their bank account. Though I don't like the idea of them doing lesser small homegrown films, here's hoping the money they make from their big tentpole franchises gives them confidence on taking risks instead of keeping them comfortable in a safe zone.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 4:08 am

yonny616 wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I'm not sure I like that, but I see why they're doing it after a poor 2015 with like 3 massive hits on their bank account. Though I don't like the idea of them doing lesser small homegrown films, here's hoping the money they make from their big tentpole franchises gives them confidence on taking risks instead of keeping them comfortable in a safe zone.

Well, they don't really have much of a choice. The only movies that do well in theaters nowadays are big tentpole franchises and the ocassional Oscar-season film from a studio perspective.

I don't like it, either, but we can't do anything other than hope the economics will work out in the future.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2016 5:49 am

It's about quality, guys. Not quantity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU   WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WB plans to release less films, and focus more on the DCEU
Page 1 of 1