Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! Empty
PostSubject: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 10:45 pm

Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! Jason-Momoa-Aquaman

Quote :
 With the DC universe, so many parts of it had been activated and so many decisions had already been made that it felt more and more – and Warner Bros. agreed – that it was me trying to jump on a moving train”.

The trick with Midnight Special is even though it was made at the studio, [Warner Bros] gave me a lot of control over the process”, he said. “And I don’t just mean control over final cut, but it felt like we were making one of my movies. I had my team. I had my family there. My crew. We made the movie we all wanted to make. 

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2016/03/08/jeff-nichols-turned-aquaman/
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:33 pm

James Wan is a better fit anyway.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 9:52 am

Mecha wrote:

That would depend on the vision Snyder and WB want for it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:32 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I think directors are willing to go along with that vision has long has they have enough creative freedom to put their own stamp on things. Unlike Marvel who are too strict with their vision.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 10:41 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I think directors are willing to go along with that vision has long has they have enough creative freedom to put their own stamp on things. Unlike Marvel who are too strict with their vision.

Directors can't use their own vision the way they want with DC/WB. They have to fit into the vision Snyder is building - if they don't, they won't be a fit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:14 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Directors can't use their own vision the way they want with DC/WB. They have to fit into the vision Snyder is building - if they don't, they won't be a fit.

To what extent though? Because it looks like David Ayer got away with turning The Joker into Lil Wayne, and introducing "magic" out of nowhere in this "grounded" universe. Where as Marvel has been trying to build up a bunch of thing before they introduces us to magic with The Mandarin Doctor Strange.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:20 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

To what extent though? Because it looks like David Ayer got away with turning The Joker into Lil Wayne, and introducing "magic" out of nowhere in this "grounded" universe. Where as Marvel has been trying to build up a bunch of thing before they introduces us to magic with The Mandarin Doctor Strange.

Ayer's vision for Suicide Squad is the same exact visual style, aesthethics, humor, characteristics and overall design as Snyder's movies. Anyone who doesn't fit those criterias, doesn't fit into WB/DC's universe.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:43 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Ayer's vision for Suicide Squad is the same exact visual style, aesthethics, humor, characteristics and overall design as Snyder's movies. Anyone who doesn't fit those criterias, doesn't fit into WB/DC's universe.

Snyder movies barely has humor, lol! The closest Snyder movie I can think of that has a good amount of humor is the Dawn of the Dead remake. But even that isn't as playful as the original. I'm sure Snyder can do humor with a good script, though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 11:51 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Snyder movies barely has humor, lol! The closest Snyder movie I can think of that has a good amount of humor is the Dawn of the Dead remake. But even that isn't as playful as the original. I'm sure Snyder can do humor with a good script, though.

I was referring to Snyder's movies in the DCEU... You know, MoS, BvS, etc.... Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! 1443829230
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:14 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I was referring to Snyder's movies in the DCEU... You know, MoS, BvS, etc.... Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! 1443829230

Man of Steel had some humor, but they weren't very well done. Probably the only scene I laughed so hard in Man of Steel was the penis pods. Which was unintentionally funny. Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! 725796345

As for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, we have yet to see that movie. So we can't really say.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Man of Steel had some humor, but they weren't very well done. Probably the only scene I laughed so hard in Man of Steel was the penis pods. Which was intentionally funny. Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! 725796345

As for Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice, we have yet to see that movie. So we can't really say.

I was referring to the type of humor in those films and how it's the same with Suicide Squad's trailer. 

Do you even know how to keep a train of thought?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:19 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Man of Steel had some humor, but they weren't very well done. Probably the only scene I laughed so hard in Man of Steel was the penis pods. Which was unintentionally funny. Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! 725796345

I was referring to the type of humor in those films and how it's the same with Suicide Squad's trailer. 

Err... I guess? Suicide Squad looks a lot more funnier, though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 09, 2016 12:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Err... I guess? Suicide Squad looks a lot more funnier, though.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/type

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/relevance
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!   Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jeff Nichols turned down Aquaman!
Page 1 of 1