Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer

Go down 
+3
Mr Canai Spy
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 4:12 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
TFA didn't bring in new audiences because it waited 30 years. They could've waited 5 or 10 if they wanted to, and still brought new audiences. 

I never said it did.

Absolutely that there's a better way to do it. The ideal way is to respect the original fanbase and welcoming a new generation. Either way, though, you need fresh audiences, at some point.

That's what I'm saying. That's what The Force Awakens did. I don't see them doing it with Ghostbusters, though.

Deadpool is NOT a reboot of the X-Men franchise:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/franchise

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/brand

Yet, it all leads to this...

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 Uncann10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 12:28 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
 I never said it did.

Mecha wrote:
 Because the first Ghostbusters film was over 30 years ago. So you'll probably gain more audiences, if anything.

You don't gain significantly more audiences by waiting 3 decades. The longer you wait, the more frickle the potential audience is - hence, why you need new audiences. Waiting 30 years doesn't bring in new audiences in any relevant amount if it's the only thing you do.

That's what I'm saying. That's what The Force Awakens did. I don't see them doing it with Ghostbusters, though.

I never said they were.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/franchise

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/brand

Yet, it all leads to this...

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 Uncann10

I'm starting to doubt you even clicked on the links I posted for you. Either that, or you may not understand the definition of marketing terms like Branding and franchises. 
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 05, 2016 3:05 pm

LMAO! Deadpool isn't a reboot of anything. X-Force is just another spin off.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 6:19 pm

So you guys are telling me that Deadpool is not a reboot to this...

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 5c1b7110

As for X-Force, it's not just a spin-off. It's a great way to start fresh while also doing a continuation to the franchise. Seeing as how the main X-Men movies are now period pieces. -_-
Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 6:19 pm

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 ZHRIVYQ
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 06, 2016 6:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 4:26 am

Sony need to NOT release this movie and admit that they have fucked up, go back to the drawing board to save the original idea, only then will I applaud them and give them another chance, or that is it I'm done with Sony forever.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:10 am

Despite the whole Mary Sue controversy, Max Landis is right about Hollywood solely relying on nostalgia instead of taking more risk with these old franchises.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:15 am

@Mecha

The whole point to continue old franchises is to reduce risk...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 10:46 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

I get that. But at the same time, these franchises have to evolve. Look at Creed for example. It's kinda like how you said about these franchises can't just rely on nostalgia, and has to gain new audiences. You might be thinking I'm being a hypocrite for saying that, because I criticized this reboot for not being like the original. Thing is though, this new Ghostbusters does not look funny at all, and they only way they can sucker us in is if they focus on nostalgia.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:06 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

I get that. But at the same time, these franchises have to evolve. Look at Creed for example. It's kinda like how you said about these franchises can't just rely on nostalgia, and has to gain new audiences. You might be thinking I'm being a hypocrite for saying that, because I criticized this reboot for not being like the original. Thing is though, this new Ghostbusters does not look funny at all, and they only way they can sucker us in is if they focus on nostalgia.

What they have to do is allow new audiences to support this reboot or they will have to cut their entire current plans that they have for it.

Whether nostalgia brings the older fans back in-isn't the intent, as far as I can tell. Sony seems more interested in catering this new reboot for the young women and teenage girls instead. I'm not sure Sony is even thinking too much about having significant nostalgia or not. 

I could be wrong, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 11:32 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

What they have to do is allow new audiences to support this reboot or they will have to cut their entire current plans that they have for it.

Whether nostalgia brings the older fans back in-isn't the intent, as far as I can tell. Sony seems more interested in catering this new reboot for the young women and teenage girls instead. I'm not sure Sony is even thinking too much about having significant nostalgia or not. 

I don't think so. Just look at this Ghostbusters trailer. It tries way too hard with the nostalgia to the point where it mentions the original. Which has gotten a lot of people confused. Why would you need to bring up a movie that happened 30 years ago if you're not targeting the fan base?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 12:23 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

I don't think so. Just look at this Ghostbusters trailer. It tries way too hard with the nostalgia to the point where it mentions the original. Which has gotten a lot of people confused. Why would you need to bring up a movie that happened 30 years ago if you're not targeting the fan base?

Probably as a re-cap to ease new audiences into what it's about.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 12:42 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

That's stupid. That makes no sense at all. If anything, that would turn off new audiences. Because you're reminding them something they have never seen. New audiences don't care enough to go back and watch the originals. They just want to go to the theater and have some laughs. That's it. They should have advertise this new Ghostbusters as a stand-alone film. Rather than making it look like it's somehow connected to the original, just to get fans like me to get positive feelings to sucker me in.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 1:28 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

That's stupid. That makes no sense at all. If anything, that would turn off new audiences. Because you're reminding them something they have never seen. New audiences don't care enough to go back and watch the originals. They just want to go to the theater and have some laughs. That's it. They should have advertise this new Ghostbusters as a stand-alone film. Rather than making it look like it's somehow connected to the original, just to get fans like me to get positive feelings to sucker me in.

You're not reminding them what they haven't seen. You're showing them what took place before the beginning of the reboot. It's an easy way to bring new audiences up-to-date with the older audience.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 1:31 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

You're not reminding them what they haven't seen. You're showing them what took place before the beginning of the reboot. It's an easy way to bring new audiences up-to-date with the older audience.

You do realize that this movie takes place in it's own continuity right?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 07, 2016 2:01 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Considering they're referencing the previous films in the trailer and have some of the actors in cameos, I wouldn't be surprised if it took place in the same world.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:17 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Considering they're referencing the previous films in the trailer and have some of the actors in cameos, I wouldn't be surprised if it took place in the same world.

But the director confirmed that this is a full reboot and that the original actors are playing different roles. So if that's the case, then why the hell are they referencing the original movie?

Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:17 am

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 FaMWcW9
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:26 am

I'm confused now. 

I thought it was a reboot that happened to take place after the original Ghostbusters and, apparently, now the marketing makes no sense to me. :l
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:34 am

This is your main villain for Ghostbusters reboot...
Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 Ghostb10

Yup.

Not this...

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 Gozer_10

Or this...

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 Pd-vig10

But some generic stereotypical ghost. -__-

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I'm confused now.

I thought it was a reboot that happened to take place after the original Ghostbusters and, apparently, now the marketing makes no sense to me. :l

According to the director, it's not. Do you see why this trailer sucks now?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:37 am

@Mecha

That's what I mean. The marketing doesn't make any sense to me now. It's just stupid.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 11:44 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

That's what I mean. The marketing doesn't make any sense to me now. It's just stupid.

Me and some guy (or girl?) over at IMDb came up with the theory the original Ghostbusters movie exist as a movie within the world of the reboot. If that happens, I'm walking out of the theater.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 12:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Mecha

Me and some guy (or girl?) over at IMDb came up with the theory the original Ghostbusters movie exist as a movie within the world of the reboot. If that happens, I'm walking out of the theater.

Probably a shemale.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 08, 2016 12:40 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ghostbusters - Official Trailer   Ghostbusters - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ghostbusters - Official Trailer
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next