Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:00 pm

Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens Star-w10

Quote :
Though Finn brought a lot of physicality to Star Wars: The Force Awakens as the temporary holder of Luke's lightsaber, actor John Boyega has teased that his character will have an even greater physical presence in Episode VIII. The 23-year-old, English actor also stated that the next film will be darker.  Said Boyega, "[The script is] great. Much darker, but we’re very excited... My part in the next film will be much more physical so I might be in the gym a bit more."
The Force Awakens didn't exactly illustrate that Finn was Force sensitive so it doesn't appear that he's walking the same path as Rey towards becoming a Jedi.  As the conflict with the First Order and the Knights of Ren continues to play out in Episode VIII, what role do you think Finn will play?

Star Wars: Episode VIII arrives in North American theaters on May 26, 2017.  Rian Johnson takes over from J.J. Abrams.

Source: Comic Book Movie

Am I the only one who thinks The Force Awakens was already kinda dark?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:16 pm

TFA had a lighthearted tone to it. The only dark thing I can really remember was maybe the death of Han Solo and the element of Vader's mask as a symbolism. Everything else was pretty lighthearted with jokes in about every scene.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:18 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
TFA had a lighthearted tone to it. The only dark thing I can really remember was maybe the death of Han Solo and the element of Vader's mask as a symbolism. Everything else was pretty lighthearted with jokes in about every scene.

The millions and millions of deaths wasn't dark?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:25 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Considering how they handled them, not really, no.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:36 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I mean, they showed the people's reactions right before they were going to die. And it wasn't just some small desert town, these were highly populated planets. I can understand destroying one planet, but four? Jesus Christ! I know the tone of the film was lighthearted for the most part, but that was a bit too much. Still can't believe people are okay with this, yet bitch about the destruction in Man of Steel.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:39 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I mean, they showed the people's reactions right before they were going to die. And it wasn't just some small desert town, these were highly populated planets. I can understand destroying one planet, but four? Jesus Christ! I know the tone of the film was lighthearted for the most part, but that was a bit too much. Still can't believe are okay with this, yet bitch about the destruction in Man of Steel.

Too much? How few mature, dark films have you actually seen, lol?

People's complaints with MoS has no relation to what triggers the events in TFA. If you want to talk MoS, then there are threads for that.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:44 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I mean, they showed the people's reactions right before they were going to die. And it wasn't just some small desert town, these were highly populated planets. I can understand destroying one planet, but four? Jesus Christ! I know the tone of the film was lighthearted for the most part, but that was a bit too much. Still can't believe people are okay with this, yet bitch about the destruction in Man of Steel.

People's complaints with MoS has no relation to what triggers the events in TFA. If you want to talk MoS, then there are threads for that.

I'm talking about Star Wars standards. Other films being darker is irrelevant. Besides, how many films can you name that has that many deaths?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 12:55 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I'm talking about Star Wars standards. Other films being darker is irrelevant. Besides, how many films can you name that has that many deaths?

>Says other films don't matter
>Asks me about other films
>Lel

Mecha, if you cared, you could just:

http://www.moviebodycounts.com/Top-Movies.htm

For a simple list of on-screen deaths (the only ones that matter)

Or, you could just:

http://www.mediadump.com/hosted-id88-most-people-killed-in-movie-by-one-person.html#.VpPqv_nhDcs

For mainsteam, lighthearted movies where the main character has a bunch of on-screen deaths (even more than TFA had. Both lists)

TFA's was a family film that was targeted at the largest demograhics out there: Young people, along with families who'd bring their relatives to the screen. The film wasn't, and never tried to be dark, as it wasn't meant for such a crowd.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2016 7:07 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens   Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Star Wars: Episode VIII will be darker than The Force Awakens
Page 1 of 1