Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Country vs Country (European Edition)

Go down 
+6
Stigma
Chobo
IcyMeteor
Archduke
Blixtstorm
Bluenose
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Country vs Country (European Edition) Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:06 pm

So I found that China vs U.S thread very interesting. I decided to make it almost like a tournament.

First I'll start with known powers in Europe, then make another thread of the known powers in asia, etc, etc.

They'll be put to the debate on who would win a war.

Notice: It's a 1 on 1, not who has more countries to their favor. Trolling will not be tolerated and keep it clean.

I'll start the first round of this with Germany vs Britain.

Ht's a hard choice. Germany hase a larger economy (largest in Europe and 4th in the world) plus most of their military units are on par with Britain.
And their fucking tanks. Country vs Country (European Edition) 409191096

But the thing that Britain has going for it is it's strategic positioning of being an island and a larger military.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:11 pm

Finland... that is all.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:13 pm

That country isn't in the tournament yet....

Stick on topic.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:16 pm

I think the british have an advantage with this because i heard somewere that the germans are very limited with weaponary and the potential millitary numbers because of what happened after WW2. Im not sure about that tho.

On the other hand. What about the Netherlands V.S sweden. Country vs Country (European Edition) 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:

On the other hand. What about the Netherlands V.S sweden. Country vs Country (European Edition) 2505020059

As long as we have Finland on our side.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 4:35 pm

I would say Germany if they still had Nazis running around. Britain wins.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
IcyMeteor
Creep
Creep
IcyMeteor

Stature : 0
deek at em illinois
Playing : good

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 5:58 pm

germany because Im part german
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:08 pm

^

Riveting argument there, chap!
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Country vs Country (European Edition) 0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 6:32 pm

This thread is going to end in a flame war.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2011 9:38 pm

Germany, they have restrictions on how big their military can be but if they got into war they'd likely break those. They have a lot more money and a lot more people, in addition the UK has some serious debt problems right now. There's also that "German engineering" and we can't forget how badly the Germans whooped the British back during WW2 now can we? Razz

Although, the UK might end up nuking Germany out of desperation.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 5:07 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Germany, they have restrictions on how big their military can be but if they got into war they'd likely break those. They have a lot more money and a lot more people, in addition the UK has some serious debt problems right now. There's also that "German engineering" and we can't forget how badly the Germans whooped the British back during WW2 now can we? Razz

How badly were we 'whooped' by the Germans in WWII? Granted we had to evacuate our expeditionary force from Dunkirk but that was mainly due to the failings of the French military we were supporting. Naturally after going through WWI, Britain didn't plan on going to war again anytime soon after losing a million men. Whereas Hitler was planning military action years in advance to WWII secretly investing in military hardware that we failed to do ourselves.

Britain won the Battle of Britain and the Battle of the Atlantic, at the critical phase both without much American support. They also won the North African campaign against the legendary Erwin Rommel before American support became much of an issue.

But obviously there is no way Britain could have conducted a cross-channel invasion on the scale of Overlord alone.

Every country that faced Germany in WWII for the first time had little luck against them, Including the U.S. luckily we were there to bail you out on that occasion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Kasserine_Pass

Comparing the two present day militaries is difficult to call.

Germany may be the fourth largest economy but we are only two places behind in sixth place, whereas we are ranked third on military expenditure and Germany ranks four places behind us in 7th place.

Also with the current debt crisis in the Eurozone countries like Greece, Portugal, Spain and Ireland, Germany is footing the largest amount of the bill which isn't helping their economy. The reason for this is partly due to their large economy but mainly due to the fact that they use the Euro currency which Britain doesn't and they rely on it's success.

Don't write off the Challenger II, it's a beast of a Tank

But where military hardware or defense budgets may let our country down we've always strived to make up for it with highest trained military in the world.

I also doubt we would nuke Germany out of desperation. that's more of a U.S. tatic I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:05 pm

Really Stigma. Please learn some WW2 history before you start spewing shit.

I can just say you are trolling.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 7:07 pm

1 more day to reply before we move on the next country match up!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 9:06 pm

Franko wrote:

Really Franko. Please get some reading skills before you start spewing shit.

You clearly can't tell a a joke when you see one, I even put a freaking Razz FFS.

Germany is the more likely winner because of the larger population and the much better economy. I'm not entirely sure what Dam Noir meant by Germany being too dependent on the Euro, but UK as of now is much worse off with a debt nearly 4 times the size of its national GDP.

@Dam Noir
The battle of Britain was a very narrow win, Churchill himself said that he would have considered surrendering had the bombings gone on for another 10 days.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:30 am

BlackStigma wrote:

@Dam Noir
The battle of Britain was a very narrow win, Churchill himself said that he would have considered surrendering had the bombings gone on for another 10 days.

Keyword: considered

What a load of bollocks. Everybody who knows anything about the Battle of Britain knows that Germany lost the advantage when Hitler's tatic changed from bombing our Airfields to our cities.

Initially the RAF were struggling to repel the Luftwaffe when the Germans were destroying many of the aircraft before they managed to even get off the ground. During this period the RAF were losing more aircraft in relation to what they could replace. However when Hitler decided to target our cities this was no longer the case and we regained air superiority and the German bombers were then been sent on suicide missions.

The point is a militarised Germany couldn't defeat an underprepared and under equipped Britain so how could they do it now when we have a greater military structure?

Also this should explain what the economical situation is in Europe at the moment and where Germany stands.

http://www.globalpost.com/dispatch/germany/101209/german-economy-eurozone-crisis

Basically the Greek, Irish and Portugese economies have all suffered a huge debt crisis over the past year and Spain looks poised to join them soon.

Greece bailout package = €110 billion

Republic of Ireland bailout package = €85 billion

Portuagal bailout package = €78 billion

Spain looks poised to have a bailout package in the near future and you can get a rough idea of how great that figure will be when the Spanish economy is double the size of Greece, Ireland and Portugal's economies COMBINED!

Greece is also looking at another restructuring of their debt with an additional bailout package expected.

The one country who is paying the majority of these bailout packages is Germany as they have the strongest economy in Europe and specifically within the Eurozone. By doing this they are desperately trying to save the Eurozone and it's currency.

Britain has also paid a sum to all three countries (especially Ireland seen as they are our neighbours) but they have since stated that this debt crisis is the Eurozone's problem and Britain would have no further part in Greece's future bailout packages.

In conclusuion, the German tax payer is paying for other Eurozone countries debts which is hurting their economy.

It's much like the President telling the U.S. citizens that they are reponsible for providing loans for hundreds of millions of dollars to pay off Mexico's and Canada's national debts.
I doubt that would help the U.S. economical situation.

Last edited by Dam_Noir on Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:58 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
ADV3N7URER!!!!!
Generic Grunt
Generic Grunt
ADV3N7URER!!!!!

Stature : 2
in my imagination

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 6:52 am

BlackStigma wrote:

>implying that the UK could take the cap off of a chapstick, without US permission Razz Razz Razz lawwwl
anyways i vote UK
Back to top Go down
Franko
Area Boss
Area Boss
Franko

Stature : 20
Southern Fairy
Playing : Meh

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 2:14 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Franko wrote:

Really Franko. Please get some reading skills before you start spewing shit.

You clearly can't tell a a joke when you see one, I even put a freaking Razz FFS.

Germany is the more likely winner because of the larger population and the much better economy. I'm not entirely sure what Dam Noir meant by Germany being too dependent on the Euro, but UK as of now is much worse off with a debt nearly 4 times the size of its national GDP.

@Dam Noir

Stigma.. this is the "debate section" Not the Trolling/joke section. Please read the rules.

Back to top Go down
Hydell
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
Hydell

Stature : 179
From Hell
Playing : Resistance 3, Deus Ex, Max Payne 3, Uncharted 3

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2011 4:16 pm

Difficult one to call, since Germany and Britain now have equipment thats on par with eachother or in some cases the same (Eurofighter, small arms etc).

There would be no invasions of Britain or Germany since neither country has the means to do so effectively. it would be hard for either country to field 25,000 men.

I will give a slight edge to Britains infantry though as they will have alot more combat experience and battle hardened veterans from Afghanistan. The rest of the european nations in ISAF have been criticised for not pulling their weight compared to us. Both the Deutches Heer and the British Army use very similar small arms and personal equipment (The L17A2 UGL on the L85A2 Rifle is a slightly modified version of the AG36 found on the G36 Rifle) and have similar performances.

Again i have to give the edge to our Armoured divisions, although Germany and Britain now field about the same ammount of MBT's (Germany has 408 Leopard 2's but not all are the latest edition, Britain has 408 Challenger 2's but some are engineering and recovery vehicles etc) the Challenger 2 is combat proven against Infantry AT weapons and enemy MBT's while the Leopard has not been involved in a tank battle to my knowledge. Again, the Armoured regiments of Britain have combat experience while the Deutches Heer Panzerdivisions were not involved in combat operations in Iraq.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 7:31 pm

Sorry bout being a bit late.

Next match up, Italy Vs Spain.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:18 pm

@Franko
dude, just stfu...

Teckno wrote:

Had that prick Juan Carlos I never become King I would say Spain. But he did and Spain's a sissy country now. Although they do have a better airforce than Italy. Regardless, they'd be crushed through sheer size of numbers and lack of resources.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 10:50 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
@Franko
dude, just stfu...

Teckno wrote:

Had that prick Juan Carlos I never become King I would say Spain. But he did and Spain's a sissy country now. Although they do have a better airforce than Italy. Regardless, they'd be crushed through sheer size of numbers and lack of resources.

Italy. Just because of Benito Mussolini. Oh, and Spain bores me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Country vs Country (European Edition)   Country vs Country (European Edition) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Country vs Country (European Edition)
Page 1 of 1