Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Darth Vader's Father

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is Darth Plagueis Darth Vader's father?
 Yes
 No
 How the f*** should I know?
View results
AuthorMessage
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 Empty
Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:35 pm

^
Goku was the chosen one.

He fulfilled the Super Saiyan prophecy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:39 pm

Teckno wrote:
^
Goku was the chosen one.

No. Because anyone can transform into a super saiyan. If anything, Broly is the chosen one.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 12:47 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Goku was the chosen one.

No. Because anyone can transform into a super saiyan. If anything, Broly is the chosen one.

But he was the first and the one that defeated Frieza. Broly is not canon.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Goku was the chosen one.

I don't see how that makes him the chosen one though? Pretty much every living Saiyan in the series have eventually became stronger than Frieza... except for Pan anyway. Goku just happens to transform into a Super Saiyan first is all. So I don't understand what prophecy? Goku just trained his butt off to become a Super Saiyan, not because he was born that way. Unless there is something about the recent movie that I'm not aware of anyway.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Goku was the chosen one.

I don't see how that makes him the chosen one though? Pretty much every living Saiyan in the series have eventually became stronger than Frieza... except for Pan anyway. Goku just happens to transform into a Super Saiyan first is all. So I don't understand what prophecy? Goku just trained his butt off to become a Super Saiyan, not because he was born that way. Unless there is something about the recent movie that I'm not aware of anyway.

Because he was the one that fulfilled the prophecy that a super saiyan would rise and finally defeat Frieza. Other people becoming super saiyans afterwards is irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 1:49 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Goku was the chosen one.

Because he was the one that fulfilled the prophecy that a super saiyan would rise and finally defeat Frieza. Other people becoming super saiyans afterwards is irrelevant.

Yeah, but... that doesn't really count to me. Every Saiyan has the potential to defeat Frieza. But only one Jedi was born to bring balance to the force.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 2:33 pm

Mecha wrote:

But now that I think about it, this whole "chosen one" thing probably contradicts Snoke being Anakin's father.

Really? How?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 2:39 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

But now that I think about it, this whole "chosen one" thing probably contradicts Snoke being Anakin's father.

Really? How?

Because why would Snoke create life if it's destiny is to bring balance to the force? It makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:08 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Really? How?

Because why would Snoke create life if it's destiny is to bring balance to the force? It makes no sense.

Well, he manipulated a group of midichlorians to create life, so Anakin could've been an accidental cause of effect from that very same act. 

I don't know, to be honest. I just want to see Snoke be Plagueis as that would be AMAZING.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:22 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Really? How?

Well, he manipulated a group of midichlorians to create life, so Anakin could've been an accidental cause of effect from that very same act. 

I don't know, to be honest. I just want to see Snoke be Plagueis as that would be AMAZING.

Not sure if you heard this yet, but I'm going to post it again anyways...

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 3:30 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Really? How?

Not sure if you heard this yet, but I'm going to post it again anyways...

There's no way that is a coincidence, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 10:52 am

Oh God! This is such a stupid theory, but I'm going to post it anyway...

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 4:53 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^
Goku was the chosen one.

Yeah, but... that doesn't really count to me. Every Saiyan has the potential to defeat Frieza. But only one Jedi was born to bring balance to the force.

Different universes means different types of "chosen one." No saiyan had the potential to defeat Frieza until Goku did. If Goku lost to Frieza, all the saiyans would be dead and Frieza would be immortal. Goku was the precipice for allowing super saiyans to become the norm. I will concede that the whole idea of the "chosen one" goes away after the Frieza saga, but to be fair, Akira never intended to continue after the Frieza saga but he was pressured into it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 5:45 pm

Mecha wrote:
Oh God! This is such a stupid theory, but I'm going to post it anyway...

Rey is still a Mary Sue.

#KA-POW
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 6:04 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:

Different universes means different types of "chosen one." No saiyan had the potential to defeat Frieza until Goku did. If Goku lost to Frieza, all the saiyans would be dead and Frieza would be immortal. Goku was the precipice for allowing super saiyans to become the norm. I will concede that the whole idea of the "chosen one" goes away after the Frieza saga, but to be fair, Akira never intended to continue after the Frieza saga but he was pressured into it.

Never in the series did they ever build up the fact that he was the chosen one though. The whole concept of being the chosen one, is the fact that a person was born special. Goku wasn't born special. He was born as a low-class Saiyan. Him being the man that he is now was accidental. He had to train his ass off to be a Super Saiyan, he wasn't born with it. So I don't consider Goku being the chosen one for those reasons alone.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 6:17 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Never in the series did they ever build up the fact that he was the chosen one though. The whole concept of being the chosen one, is the fact that a person was born special. Goku wasn't born special. He was born as a low-class Saiyan. Him being the man that he is now was accidental. He had to train his ass off to be a Super Saiyan, he wasn't born with it. So I don't consider Goku being the chosen one for those reasons alone.

Anakin had to train his whole adulthood as well.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 6:26 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:

But it was build up that Anakin was the chosen one. Like for example, he was already a great pilot even in his childhood. Which is why I don't consider Rey a Mary Sue, because she could very well be the chosen one as well. But I digress. Sure Goku was strong in his childhood as well, but that's mostly because he was a Saiyan. Saiyans are stronger than your average human being.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 7:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:

But it was build up that Anakin was the chosen one. Like for example, he was already a great pilot even in his childhood. Which is why I don't consider Rey a Mary Sue, because she could very well be the chosen one as well. But I digress. Sure Goku was strong in his childhood as well, but that's mostly because he was a Saiyan. Saiyans are stronger than your average human being.

A lot of characters in the Star Wars universe are great pilots at a young age. Some even are on their first try. Doesn't make them any more or equal to the chosen one as Anakin.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 7:29 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:

A lot of characters in the Star Wars universe are great pilots at a young age. Some even are on their first try. Doesn't make them any more or equal to the chosen one as Anakin.

Who taught Anakin how to race? How many people at that age won one of those dangerous races? Exactly!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 7:31 pm

The fact is, the prophecy stated that a super saiyan would rise every thousand years. Goku was that saiyan making him in a sense the chosen one. Like I already said before, I get that more characters can now become super saiyan, but Akira didn't intend to continue the series beyond Frieza. So the concept kind of dies away, but Goku still is the strongest saiyan there is. It's fair to say he isn't the typical chosen one.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2016 7:44 pm

Teckno wrote:
The fact is, the prophecy stated that a super saiyan would rise every thousand years. Goku was that saiyan making him in a sense the chosen one. Like I already said before, I get that more characters can now become super saiyan, but Akira didn't intend to continue the series beyond Frieza. So the concept kind of dies away, but Goku still is the strongest saiyan there is. It's fair to say he isn't the typical chosen one.

Are you sure that this whole prophecy thing wasn't made up by FUNimation? Remember, the English dub isn't really all that accurate to the original Japanese script. So for all we know, it could be non-canon.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:11 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Who taught Anakin how to race? How many people at that age won one of those dangerous races? Exactly!

Doesn't stop Rey from being a Mary Sue.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:13 am

Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 Q2nHVG0
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:34 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

It doesn't count being a Mary Sue in the Star Wars universe, since force users can pretty much do anything.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 11:36 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

It doesn't count being a Mary Sue in the Star Wars universe, since force users can pretty much do anything.

Whatever makes you feel less butthurt. 

Still a Mary Sue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   Darth Vader's Father - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darth Vader's Father
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next