Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Darth Vader's Father

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
Mecha
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Is Darth Plagueis Darth Vader's father?
 Yes
 No
 How the f*** should I know?
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father Empty
PostSubject: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 12:16 am

KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father Maxres10

Last edited by Mecha on Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 8:33 pm

Darth who?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 11, 2015 8:42 pm

Teckno wrote:
Darth who?

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 8:16 am

Probably is.

I wouldn't even be surprised if they somehow revived Darth Vader, at some point, despite how lame that'd be.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 8:48 am

They already established cloning in the Star Wars universe. So bringing back Darth Vader really isn't that far fetched. Especially considering Kylo Ren is obsessed with Vader. I also read somewhere that Darth Plagueis is fond of Vader as well. I could be completely wrong though. Now you might be thinking, how does Darth Plagueis know who Darth Vader is if he was murdered by his apprentice way before Vader? Why it's simple. Like Palpatine said, Plagueis has the power to stop people from dying. Which leaves us to believe that Plagueis cheated death, and making his apprentice believe he was dead all along. Waiting for the right time to strike. After the death of Palpatine, Plagueis rebuilds a new empire. Gee, I wonder if we'll ever see Darth Plagueis at some point...

KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father Screen10
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 8:58 am

The idea of bringing Darth Vader back completely destroys the purpose of Return of a Jedi. It's just an easy cash-grab, really.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 9:17 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
The idea of bringing Darth Vader back completely destroys the purpose of Return of a Jedi. It's just an easy cash-grab, really.

Not really. Just because Darth Vader can be cloned, doesn't mean he will be himself. It's only Vader in body only, while someone else is controlling him. Similar to how Palpatine was controlling the Clone Troopers in the prequels.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:02 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Not really. Just because Darth Vader can be cloned, doesn't mean he will be himself. It's only Vader in body only, while someone else is controlling him. Similar to how Palpatine was controlling the Clone Troopers in the prequels.

That's exactly my point. It's nothing more than a cash-grab to bring Vader back in some shape or form. It's just lazy writing, at the end of the day.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:35 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

That's exactly my point. It's nothing more than a cash-grab to bring Vader back in some shape or form. It's just lazy writing, at the end of the day.

I don't see how? He was a very powerful Sith lord, and the Knights of Ren or whoever probably need him to take over.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:38 am

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I don't see how? He was a very powerful Sith lord, and the Knights of Ren or whoever probably need him to take over.

They need him to take over if the writers find it convenient enough. The entire presense of Vader in this sequel is for fan-service go get some more hype for more cash. There's nothing creative about the decision.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 11:56 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

They need him to take over if the writers find it convenient enough. The entire presense of Vader in this sequel is for fan-service go get some more hype for more cash. There's nothing creative about the decision.

At the end of the day, people are not going to care as long as it's a good film. Better to have Vader himself than another Vader-wannabe. After all, Rian Johnson is writing and directing Episode VIII.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:45 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

So bring back Darth Vader because he was such a badass, but in the process stripping him of all the badassness by making him a tool...

No thanks.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:49 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

So bring back Darth Vader because he was such a badass, but in the process stripping him of all the badassness by making him a tool...

No thanks.

And he wasn't a tool before how? I seem to recall Vader being Palpatine's puppet in the previous films.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:51 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

No thanks.

And he wasn't a tool before how? I seem to recall Vader being Palpatine's puppet in the previous films.

But that was more or less his choice.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:54 pm

Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

No thanks.

Palpatine basically brainwashed him though.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 12, 2015 12:59 pm

Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

No thanks.

Palpatine basically brainwashed him though.

Palpatine wouldn't have been able to get him to join the Sith if Anakin didn't already have some built in anger against the Jedi. Yes Palpatine pushed him, but it was still ultimately Anakin's choice.

Reviving Darth Vader as a clone that follows command means he has no free will and is basically just a droid. Once again, he loses that badass factor.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 10:36 am

Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 10:36 am

The member 'Mecha' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Jack Says' :
KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father TeHqPLW
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 10:46 am

Okay, so...
Spoiler:
As for...
Spoiler:
Anyone who has seen the movie remembers the scene I'm talking about?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 11:46 am

Mecha wrote:
Okay, so...
Spoiler:
As for...
Spoiler:
Anyone who has seen the movie remembers the scene I'm talking about?
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 1:39 pm

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:00 pm

Mecha wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:08 pm

Archduke wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 2:12 pm

Yeah, that was what I was worried about. Hopefully, the script writer for his lines are better this time around, if he appears in these new set of films.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2015 3:23 pm

Hayden Christensen wasn't actually that bad.

He had some pretty good facial expressions, but he just has horrid inflections in his voice. Some training and he could be pretty good.

But really, stop with this Darth Vader stuff. People are already complaining about how similar Episode 7 is. Bringing back Darth Vader won't help.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Darth Vader's Father   KA-POW - Darth Vader's Father I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Darth Vader's Father
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next