Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family Empty
PostSubject: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 3:09 pm

Quote :
"The issue was ultimately, they looked at the stories and they said, 'We want to make something for the fans,'" Lucas told CBS News. "People don't actually realize it's actually a soap opera and it's all about family problems - it's not about spaceships.

I decided, 'fine.... I'll go my way and I let them go their way.'"

George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family Merlin_12440031_image_982w
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 3:20 pm

K?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 3:24 pm

Mecha wrote:
K?

He's actually right, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 3:41 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
K?

I don't even know WTF he's talking about? He hasn't even seen The Force Awakens, so how would he know? If he's talking about how filmmakers shouldn't focus too much on what the fans say, then maybe the prequels should have be, I don't know, GOOD.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 3:50 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
K?

I don't even know WTF he's talking about? He hasn't even seen The Force Awakens, so how would he know? If he's talking about how filmmakers shouldn't focus too much on what the fans say, then maybe the prequels should have be, I don't know, GOOD.

He had meetings about it and they decided to go a direction he didn't want to. He doesn't have to see their product to know their direction. 

I think he's more talking about how Star Wars has always been a more intimate film based around a family of people that takes place on an epic scope, instead of, you know, the epic scope itself. I don't know, it's just what he seems to be getting at.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 3:59 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
K?

He had meetings about it and they decided to go a direction he didn't want to. He doesn't have to see their product to know their direction. 

I think he's more talking about how Star Wars has always been a more intimate film based around a family of people that takes place on an epic scope, instead of, you know, the epic scope itself. I don't know, it's just what he seems to be getting at.

So what does he mean about "family problems" then? I thought The Force Awakens was continuing the Skywalker family storyline? Also of course Disney doesn't want to go with his direction. No one wants to relive those prequels again.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:05 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
K?

So what does he mean about "family problems" then? I thought The Force Awakens was continuing the Skywalker family storyline? Also of course Disney doesn't want to go with his direction. No one wants to relive those prequels again.

He's probably referring to the family issues between characters like Anakin/Obi-Wan or Luke/Vader, etc. The movies have always focused on a more family-type saga than a mainly spectacle one. 

I don't think he's referring to Force Awakens as much as he probably is of stuff like Rogue One or the Han Solo-spin off. Again, I really can't tell, but he is right that SW has always been about family more than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:17 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

He's probably referring to the family issues between characters like Anakin/Obi-Wan or Luke/Vader, etc. The movies have always focused on a more family-type saga than a mainly spectacle one. 

I don't think he's referring to Force Awakens as much as he probably is of stuff like Rogue One or the Han Solo-spin off. Again, I really can't tell, but he is right that SW has always been about family more than anything else.

I find that kinda ironic, considering he did a better job with the visuals and CGI than he did with the characters in the prequels. :/

Also of course Rogue One and Han Solo movie won't focus on the family aspect as much as the other films. That's why they are called "spin-offs".
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:18 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I find that kinda ironic, considering he did a better job with the visuals and CGI than he did with the characters in the prequels. :/

Also of course Rogue One and Han Solo movie won't focus on the family aspect as much as the other films. That's why they are called "spin-offs".

Well, yeah, I agree with you, but Lucas still has a point with the family thing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 4:24 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Well, yeah, I agree with you, but Lucas still has a point with the family thing.

To some extent, yes, he's right. But I think I'll take the direction where I get better quality movies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family   George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

George Lucas: I wanted to make SW about Family
Page 1 of 1