Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system

Go down 
+5
2Sugoi2Die
Stigma
The_Biotic_God
Bluenose
Mecha
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system Empty
PostSubject: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 2:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Oh come on, Sony.

This is a pretty shitty attempt to makeup for the fact that Xbox One is getting 360 emulation. Personally I don't care because I kept my PS3, but still.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 7:10 pm

Teckno wrote:
Oh come on, Sony.

This is a pretty shitty attempt to makeup for the fact that Xbox One is getting 360 emulation. Personally I don't care because I kept my PS3, but still.

B-B-B-BUTT DA SPACE THOUGH!
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 9:11 pm

But who would want to play old games on new consoles? And should I just fucking wait for it???
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 1:51 am

I doubt it will even be able to play off the disc. They probably want you to rebuy your games from the PSN store.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2015 8:23 pm

Probably be like Xbox One backwards comparability, porting the game over.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 3:34 pm

Stigma wrote:
I doubt it will even be able to play off the disc. They probably want you to rebuy your games from the PSN store.

Plus, how many people actually bothered to keep their PS2 discs?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 3:36 pm

Teckno wrote:
Stigma wrote:

If I'm forced to buy everything on their PSN service, then Sony can kindly piss off.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 6:47 pm

Have none of you guys heard of rare or niche games? Drakengard probably will never be released as a digital PS2 game for PS4.

And Teckno is fucking retarded, the discs still exist, people didn't just throw them out, being able to play PS2 discs would be great, and would add value back onto PS2 games by boosting their market.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2015 10:29 pm

^
Would you like some lemon with that salt?

Obviously the discs still exist. My point is the average person probably hasn't held on to them for this long.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 2:12 am

^...You'd be surprised.

My roommates who don't even game on console anymore have an old collection of GameCube and PS2 titles.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 1:14 pm

^
^ They are all in Limbo, yes. All those used game stores, attics, and collectors have been deluding themselves this whole time. Are you seriously one of those people that gets rid of every old game for pennies, when it costs a fortune to replace?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Teckno wrote:
Stigma wrote:

What? I keep all my games for every system, unless I sold it, in which case someone else has it.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Stigma wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Stigma wrote:

What? I keep all my games for every system, unless I sold it, in which case someone else has it.

That's what I mean. People often either sell their system along with the games or gave it to someone else. In my case, I gave away my PS2 and all the games to my cousin. I don't mean people literally throw it in the garbage.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Agree with Ang.

PS2 game library is massive and there will be a lot of missing games from the PSN store. I haven't seen games like Xenosaga, Odins Sphere, Star Ocean, Ys, Final Fantasy XII and Drakengard on the PSN store yet (Australian store). Rebuying these games is a money sink, most of these games are out of print or not available through digital services.  

Also, giving away games is more worst than selling. Yeah you get the moral points but you'll regret it in long run.

Here's a video of the general mindset when people want to rebuy old games and systems they use to own.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 12:31 am

Teckno wrote:
Stigma wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Stigma wrote:

That's what I mean. People often either sell their system along with the games or gave it to someone else. In my case, I gave away my PS2 and all the games to my cousin. I don't mean people literally throw it in the garbage.

>No one keeps old games
>Everyone sells old games along with old systems

So... If no one keeps old games, who's buying them? And selling rare games is pretty stupid in general, unless you can get a good price for it now (it'll go to shit once digital), just keep it forever.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 5:51 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 9:10 am

Quote :
box 360 Games via the BC program are totally free. All you have to do is own the game, either disc or digital, and it's yours to play at no extra charge. Of course, if you've already traded it in THEN you'll have to re buy the game, but that's on you, not Microsoft. 

Sony, on the other hand, is making you pay for your games even if you still own the PS2 version. The program is not compatible with PS2 discs or PS3 digital purchases of the games. In other words, you're fucked

In other words: Sony is fucking over their consumers, yet again.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:04 pm

I still have like 70 PS2 games. Shame they won't work on PS4, I'd have to rebuy them. Whereas my 360 games I can just pop the disk into my Xbox One and they run, no extra cost!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:05 pm

thanks obama
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 4:16 pm

Meh, I could just emulate a good portion of these PS2 games. There's no real reason to rebuy some of the games I've already played, even if it looks nicer and has trophy support. So fucking what? I don't care about that shit. It's just too bad that I sold my entire PS2 collection and the console itself when I got a PS3. Ughhh. Sad
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 7:54 pm

Teckno wrote:
thanks obama

It was Hilary Clinton actually.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2015 8:50 pm

Eh, nothing new since Nintendo been doing that on the Wii and and Wii U for years now. If anything, digital releases will probably drop the prices on the physical copies. I remember a bunch of people getting upset when Nintendo release digital versions of expensive and rare games on the virtual console.

Then again it is the PS2. Any quality PS2 title will still run you $20+ online or in a local store. If it's shitty shovelware and practically destroyed disc that get the 5 dollars or less.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2015 1:56 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system   PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PS2 games coming to PS4 with new emulator system
Page 1 of 1