Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

It's official: Halo is a dead cow

Go down 
+3
Bluenose
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

It's official: Halo is a dead cow Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

It's official: Halo is a dead cow Empty
PostSubject: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 5:18 pm

- Shortest Campaign ever
- Micro-transactions 
- BS marketing that lied
- same gameplay as Halo 4
- No split-screen
- No Forge until December
- Master Chief is only playable for 3 out of 15-fucking-missions
- Locke is crap
- Cliffhanger ending
- It's dead
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

It's official: Halo is a dead cow TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 6:03 pm

Man that sounds so fucking bad, i think it's safe to say the series is dead and Xbox is outside of the US as well.

Going to buy a PS4 with the Black Friday deals and Fallout fucking 4 lads
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 7:00 pm

Wow. I'm actually kind of sad its come to this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

It's official: Halo is a dead cow R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 03, 2015 4:32 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 10:09 am

Halo 5 currently stands at the lowest rating in the main franchise history at an 85 (2 lower than even Halo 4)

That, and MS hasn't wanted to say how much it sold, so they combined hardware, controller, game and even MICROTRANSACTION SALES as the overall number of totals.

I think it's fair to say that Halo really is a dead cow.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

It's official: Halo is a dead cow ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 1:01 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Halo 5 currently stands at the lowest rating in the main franchise history at an 85 (2 lower than even Halo 4)

That, and MS hasn't wanted to say how much it sold, so they combined hardware, controller, game and even MICROTRANSACTION SALES as the overall number of totals.

Halo's been pushing it since 3. Wouldn't mind seeing them tie off the series with a Toy Story 3 or Resistance 3-esque Master Chief retirement/death game, though at this point a dishonourable discharge may be more fitting.

Wonder how many millions they had to pay for that 85.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 5:12 pm

Angelus wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Halo's been pushing it since 3.  Wouldn't mind seeing them tie off the series with a Toy Story 3 or Resistance 3-esque Master Chief retirement/death game, though at this point a dishonourable discharge may be more fitting.  

Wonder how many millions they had to pay for that 85.

You know, the worst thing is the marketing. The fact that it was advertised the way it was, and then there ends up being, literally, NOTHING from the marketing that's in the final game. That's just sad beyond words, really.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 5:49 pm

Resistance 3 was my jam
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 11:46 pm

Killzone 2 > Halo 3
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 10:34 am

Archduke wrote:
Killzone 2 > Halo 3
It is fucking mind boggling how they went from Killzone 2 to Killzone 3, such a downgrade.
That fucking heavy gun play online just felt so perfect.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 06, 2015 3:43 pm

With a name like that, no wonder it was the most hated map. It's official: Halo is a dead cow 2505020059
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:29 pm

It's mind boggling that they would go as far as to remove splitscreen. Surely they should have known that that would cause some backlash with longtime Halo fans. I'm conflicted because Halo 5's gameplay looks solid but the game has one too many sore points.

Btw...85 metascore is not that bad lol. Metascores for FPS games have been deflating for a while now.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 08, 2015 11:36 pm

What is it with game developers removing split-screen lately? Do they think that just because we have online gaming now it's irrelevant? -_-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's official: Halo is a dead cow   It's official: Halo is a dead cow I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's official: Halo is a dead cow
Page 1 of 1