Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! Empty
PostSubject: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 1:12 am

Quote :
First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6270_tnTwentieth Century Fox has revealed the first batch of titles that will be released on 4K Blu-ray. They are Exodus: Gods and Kings, Kingsman: The Secret Service, Fantastic Four, X-Men: Days of Future Past, Life of Pi, The Maze Runner and Wild.

At IFA in Berlin, Mike Dunn, president of Fox Home Entertainment said: "We are committed to releasing our slate of movies going forward in Ultra HD with high dynamic range, day and date, with the Digital HD and Blu-ray release. We believe it is critical to have rich, compelling content available to consumers as the UHD TV market continues to grow."

Also at IFA Samsung introduced its first 4K Blu-ray player, which is expected to arrive on the market in early 2016.

Hanno Basse, chair of the UHD Alliance and CTO at Fox, who attended the press event for Samsung's new player commented: "We've made a lot of progress. We're getting close to finalizing our technical specifications, as well as our certification and logo programs. Since the announcement of the Alliance earlier this year, we've almost tripled our membership, and we now represent a large segment of the device and content industry from around the world. And we hope to share a lot more details in the coming months on the launch of our licensing program and the availability of new products in the market."

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6510_tn
Coverwork for the upcoming 4K Blu-ray combo pack release of Kingsman: The Secret Service, courtesy of Variety

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6511_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6512_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6514_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6513_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6515_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6516_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6517_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6518_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6519_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6520_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6521_tn

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! 6522_tn

All photos from Samsung's press event courtesy of Blu-ray.com

Source: Blu-ray.com
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 7:50 am

Useless without a 4k TV.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:05 am

I hope regular Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays don't look too different from each other. Because I'm not going to replace my entire Blu-ray collection just for a slight better picture quality. :/
I mean, I'm sure 4K Blu-rays will look better. I just don't want what happen to DVDs with the regular Blu-rays. I just hope the regular Blu-rays look exactly the same on a 4KTV as it does on a 1080p TV.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:23 am

Mecha wrote:
I hope regular Blu-rays and 4K Blu-rays don't look too different from each other. Because I'm not going to replace my entire Blu-ray collection just for a slight better picture quality. :/
I mean, I'm sure 4K Blu-rays will look better. I just don't want what happen to DVDs with the regular Blu-rays. I just hope the regular Blu-rays look exactly the same on a 4KTV as it does on a 1080p TV.

The regular Blu-Rays will look upscaled on 4kTVs compared to 1080P ones. Won't look much better, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:28 am

I also realized that some of these movies were shot in 2K. See! This is why I complained about digital cameras before. -______-
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 am

Mecha wrote:
I also realized that some of these movies were shot in 2K. See! This is why I complained about digital cameras before. -______-

Digital cameras are a variable term. It's like saying 8MM cameras are proof that Film cameras are this or that. It's not that simple.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:37 am

@RamboOnRedBull That's not the point. I'm mostly talking about the Arri Alexa, which a lot of movies use. Especially the Marvel movies. =/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 10:49 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull That's not the point. I'm mostly talking about the Arri Alexa, which a lot of movies use. Especially the Marvel movies. =/

Arri Alexa has digital cameras that have higher resolution than Film cameras. Films like The Revenant are currently using it. 

Yet again, Arri Alexa cameras are a variable term that encompasses a bunch of different cameras that all are meant for different uses. You can't classify them all into one box.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:02 am

@RamboOnRedBull First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! C8836c10

So you're telling me that some of these movies weren't shot in 2K?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:19 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! C8836c10

So you're telling me that some of these movies weren't shot in 2K?

Are you stupid? I clearly told you:

Quote :
[Arri Alexa] encompasses a bunch of different cameras that all are meant for different uses. You can't classify them all into one box.

Arri Alex, as I've said, has certain cameras with better resolution than film cameras that go even beyond 6k. You can't, yet again, put every Alexa camera into the same box as they have a bunch of different cameras that are widespread in their capabilities.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:35 am

@RamboOnRedBull I know that. Doesn't change the fact that they usually shoot in 2K for some reason.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2015 11:44 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I know that. Doesn't change the fact that they usually shoot in 2K for some reason.

Most common uses for the Arri Alexa is their 4k cameras. I'm sure you don't know.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 6:27 am

Fantastic Four in 4K. I see what you did there, Fox.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 1:56 pm

>Curved TV screens.

Just bring back CRTs at this point.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 8:51 pm

Angelus wrote:
>Curved TV screens.  

Just bring back CRTs at this point.
This is different. These are curved in, not out.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 10:07 am

Mad Max: Fury Road, San Andreas, The Lego Movie, Pan, Man Of Steel and Pacific Rim are coming in 4K Blu-ray by the end of the year

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/KingPatel/news/?a=129518

I have seen 4KTVs in person enough times now, and I have to say that I'm in no rush to upgrade to 4K. Yes, 4K looks great, but chances are that if you never cared about ever owning the world's best TVs, then you're probably not going to care about 4K that much. I mean, regular Blu-ray already looks good as it is. Hell, DVDs are STILL perfectly watchable. So yeah, I just don't see enough people caring. Most people only care about buying the most affordable TV they can get. If most people really cared about quality, then you would see a Sony Bravia TV in every house you would go to.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 12:53 pm

People are already starting to claim that 4k will be the standard in a few years. The irony? 720p /1080i is still the standard of the highest HD in most houses to this day. 

That means that after 1080p has been on the market for close to a decade, most people STILL don't own a full 1080p HD TV.

4k becoming the standard, my ass.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:43 pm

4K will only become the standard when companies stop putting out 720p and 1080p TVs. But that won't happen anytime soon because 720p and 1080p TVs still make a shit load of money. Plus I doubt the general TV buyers even care about 4K. When I go to the store and see the TVs being displayed, I can't even tell which TV is in 4K unless I read the details of the TV close to the price tag. The picture quality gap between 1080p and 4k just isn't as noticeable as DVD and Blu-ray are.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:52 pm

Mecha wrote:
4K will only become the standard when companies stop putting out 720p and 1080p TVs. But that won't happen anytime soon because 720p and 1080p TVs still make a shit load of money. Plus I doubt the general TV buyers even care about 4K. When I go to the store and see the TVs being displayed, I can't even tell which TV is in 4K unless I read the details of the TV close to the price tag. The picture quality gap between 1080p and 4k just isn't as noticeable as DVD and Blu-ray are.

That's because DVD began without any HD at all, and Blu-Ray is a more detailed, higher version of Full 1080p.

4k would look great on TVs if the screens were actually bigger, in the first place. If you had a 20k TV and compared it to a 10k one, if the screen isn't anything too big, you won't notice much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 2:58 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

That's because DVD began without any HD at all, and Blu-Ray is a more detailed, higher version of Full 1080p.

4k would look great on TVs if the screens were actually bigger, in the first place. If you had a 20k TV and compared it to a 10k one, if the screen isn't anything too big, you won't notice much of a difference.

Exactly! That's why I said if most people don't own a Sony Bravia TV, then they're most likely not going to care about 4K as much. The only people that are going to care about 4K, are people who have a theater-like set up in their living room or wherever. But most people don't have a theater-like set up in their houses, so they are not going to care.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Exactly! That's why I said if most people don't own a Sony Bravia TV, then they're most likely not going to care about 4K as much. The only people that are going to care about 4K, are people who have a theater-like set up in their living room or wherever. But most people don't have a theater-like set up in their houses, so they are not going to care.

I kind of doubt that 4k TVs will even do well. I just don't see there being a market for it right now.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 04, 2016 3:28 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I kind of doubt that 4k TVs will even do well. I just don't see there being a market for it right now.

I mean, eventually I will buy one just for the fuck of it. But I can totally understand if people don't care about 4K. Especially considering 4K Blu-ray players don't support DVDs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!   First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First 4K Blu-ray titles revealed!
Page 1 of 1