Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Question for Rambo

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

SWOOSH - Question for Rambo R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

SWOOSH - Question for Rambo Empty
PostSubject: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 1:09 pm

How well-known is Wonder Woman in your country? Because I've debated with a couple of Europeans saying not a lot of people know who Wonder Woman is in their country. Which is kinda weird to me because pretty much everyone I know knows who Wonder Woman is. Hell, even some of my family members, who aren't into comic books or comic book movies in the slightest, complained about Gal Gadot being too skinny for Wonder Woman. That's how well-known she is in the US. Which is kinda ironic because Wonder Woman is Greek, not American.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

SWOOSH - Question for Rambo Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 1:16 pm

Mecha wrote:
How well-known is Wonder Woman in your country? Because I've debated with a couple of Europeans saying not a lot of people know who Wonder Woman is in their country. Which is kinda weird to me because pretty much everyone I know knows who Wonder Woman is. Hell, even some of my family members, who aren't into comic books or comic book movies in the slightest, complained about Gal Gadot being too skinny for Wonder Woman. That's how well-known she is in the US. Which is kinda ironic because Wonder Woman is Greek, not American.

Wonder Woman is well-known in Scandinavia to pretty much everyone. That said, she doesn't have the star-power of Batman or Superman. She's well-known, though.

You also can't rely on her being equally known to all Europeans, as Europe is a huge continent and not just one country like the US.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 1:22 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I know Europe is a continent. I'm just trying to figure out what countries she's well-known in and not as well-known. Because the first person I debated about this is from the UK. Which is kinda strange because you would think almost everyone in the UK knows Wonder Woman. But I guess one person's opinion doesn't equal the rest of the country (England).
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 1:27 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I know Europe is a continent. I'm just trying to figure out what countries she's well-known in and not as well-known. Because the first person I debated about this is from the UK. Which is kinda strange because you would think almost everyone in the UK knows Wonder Woman. But I guess one person's opinion doesn't equal the rest of the country.

One person's opinion doesn't equal. You're right about that.

I'm sure lots of people in the UK know about Wonder Woman. I'd be surprised if not.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 2:12 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Is Wonder Woman more popular than Thor in Scandinavia?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 2:19 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Is Wonder Woman more popular than Thor in Scandinavia?

Probably not, considering where Thor stems from, lol.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 2:32 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I bet Scandinavians are like, Marvel's Thor isn't faithful to me Norse mythology. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 2:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I bet Scandinavians are like, Marvel's Thor isn't faithful to me Norse mythology. Razz

We never say: "Me Norse mythology". We aren't British, you know? Razz
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 2:47 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Even though they casted British people for the Thor movies. Razz
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

SWOOSH - Question for Rambo PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 3:30 pm

That person is bullshitting you.

As for Thor, Scandinavians don't like Marvel's version since it isn't their actual Thor.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 3:36 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Even though they casted British people for the Thor movies. Razz

DEY TUWK R JAWB!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 4:07 pm

@yonny616 Probably. Could have been some butthurt Marvel fanboy that couldn't except that DC characters are more iconic.

Also of course Marvel's Thor isn't the actual Thor. Marvel's Thor is actually Donald Blake, who doesn't even exist in the Norse mythology.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

SWOOSH - Question for Rambo TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 4:19 pm

Mecha wrote:

That's not ironic, she's a US superhero comic book character and superhero comics don't sell well anywhere apart from the USA.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 4:25 pm

@Orion You don't have to read comics to know who Wonder Woman is. :/
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 4:32 pm

Mecha wrote:

Mecha's right, Orion. That was pretty dumb.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

SWOOSH - Question for Rambo TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:21 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

My main point was that she's an American created character and symbol, doesn't matter if she's supposed to be Greek in the story it doesn't mean she'd be more popular in Europe.

You want to fucking fight me Rambo? I just got my hair cut, 1 1/2 inch on top and shorter on sides i will fucking end you
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:23 pm

Orion wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

My main point was that she's an American created character and symbol, doesn't matter if she's supposed to be Greek in the story it doesn't mean she'd be more popular in Europe.

You want to fucking fight me Rambo? I just got my hair cut, 1 1/2 inch on top and shorter on sides i will fucking end you

I'm sure that's not the only 1 1/2 inch you've got. 

#SWOOSH
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2015 5:53 pm

@Orion I never said that just because she is Greek, she should be more popular in Europe. But to say that not a lot of Europeans know who Wonder Woman is? It's like saying I don't know who Sherlock Holmes is because he's English. Not the best example, but you get what I'm saying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question for Rambo   SWOOSH - Question for Rambo I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Question for Rambo
Page 1 of 1