Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Portal 2 "Controversy"

Go down 
+10
Archduke
TheJubJub5721
Orc
Dam_Noir
Pizzy3C
Mecha
Pein
Blixtstorm
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Portal 2 "Controversy"  StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Portal 2 "Controversy"  Empty
PostSubject: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:07 am

Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Portal 2 "Controversy"  XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 6:58 am

OHMYGODAREYOUFUCKINGKIDDINGME.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
Blixtstorm

Stature : 18
Sweden
Playing : TDU2 (PC) / Minecraft (Tekkit modpack)

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 7:55 am

TRF wrote:
OHMYGODAREYOUFUCKINGKIDDINGME.

+1

American news in a nutshell...
Back to top Go down
Pein
Non-Essential NPC
Pein

Stature : -6
Macedonia

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:35 am

what..the..fuck
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Portal 2 "Controversy"  R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 8:52 am

"We did contact Sony who distributes the game..."

Portal 2 "Controversy"  1443829230
Back to top Go down
Pizzy3C
Special Unit
Special Unit
Pizzy3C

Stature : 23

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 9:01 am

Suspect wow
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

Stature : 39
England

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:44 am

My best mate is adopted and owns Portal 2.

I showed him this video and his reaction was along the lines of "sensitive American bitches".

The funniest part was towards the end of part 1 when the father was saying how great their adopted daughter was, almost as if Portal 2 had a personal vendeta against her!?

Mind you, some Americans believe they are the centre of the universe so it hardly suprises me that they think a video game is making personal insults towrds them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/theblacknapalm
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 10:46 am

What is it with you and hating Americans, Dam_Noir? You realize there are self-centered people everywhere, and no more in one country than another, right?
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:33 am

TRF wrote:
What is it with you and hating Americans, Dam_Noir? You realize there are self-centered people everywhere, and no more in one country than another, right?

Don't take it personally TRF. Have I ever said anything hateful to you?

Can I not say SOME Americans without you reacting as if I have said ALL of them?

You have a population of over 300 million, can you honestly defend them all?

The point is that we share similar cultures but this video wouldn't even be considered 'News' over in England.

Of course there are self-centred people all over the world, however i've come across far too many vocal Americans who have the mistaken notion that the US is the number one in everything because they are the number one super-power. (also the U.S. media tells you the same thing)

Maybe you will take my point more seriously when it's told by one of your fellow countrymen.

Also if I hated Americans so much then I wouldn't of endlessly defended the U.S. citizens when they were out celebrating on the streets when Bin Laden was killed in opposition to other people claiming it was disrespectful and that he should of been given a trail and his human rights were violated!?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 11:58 am

Tbh you can understand where they are coming from. I mean if you have an adopted daughter that can be seen as a little offensive. But as for making a huge thing out of it, being interviewed on tv.... too far.
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:36 pm

I fucking hate people. I really do. "Oh no someone hurt my feelings!" Fucking shit, welcome to life.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 12:55 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
TRF wrote:

Can I not say SOME Americans without you reacting as if I have said ALL of them?

The point is that we share similar cultures but this video wouldn't even be considered 'News' over in England.

Of course there are self-centred people all over the world, however i've come across far too many vocal Americans who have the mistaken notion that the US is the number one in everything because they are the number one super-power. (also the U.S. media tells you the same thing)

Maybe you will take my point more seriously when it's told by one of your fellow countrymen.

Also if I hated Americans so much then I wouldn't of endlessly defended the U.S. citizens when they were out celebrating on the streets when Bin Laden was killed in opposition to other people claiming it was disrespectful and that he should of been given a trail and his human rights were violated!?
Fair enough. I think it's the U.S. media you have more of an issue with, which I can't blame you for. This honestly shouldn't be news.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:15 pm

TRF wrote:
Dam_Noir wrote:
TRF wrote:

Fair enough. I think it's the U.S. media you have more of an issue with, which I can't blame you for. This honestly shouldn't be news.

I can understand how my statements can come across for you think I have a problem with the American people, I honestly don't. Your our colonial cousins after all and we kicked the French out of North America which has lead to our shared history from the American Revolution all the way to the closest alliance against the War on Terror. Honestly the only problem I can say I have with just CERTAIN American people is when they take what the media tells them as source of fact when they haven't even researched the claims themselves or opened a History book.

I'm also guilty of perceiving a snipe aimed mainly at my country's media as a snipe at it's people.

Scotland had a huge campaign during the 2010 FIFA World Cup called ABE - Anyone but England, where basically a large amount of Scots would support every team that England played. When I asked some Scots why there was this bitter feeling they explained it was more aimed at how the English media always hype up the World Cup as if England are going to win it again like we did 1966, when in reality the vast majority of England people know the current National team is average at best and all the media's talk is basically living in the past whilst trying to generate some excitement.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:17 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
I fucking hate people. I really do. "Oh no someone hurt my feelings!" Fucking shit, welcome to life.

Agreed. It's a part of life. They all need to grow the fuck up.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:20 pm

I'm surprised fat people aren't calling the game insensitive.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Educational? Children's game? LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Dam_Noir hates Americans because he is jelly.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:25 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

I'd love to hand that game over to my ten-year-old brother and see how far he makes it. Portal 2 "Controversy"  725796345
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:27 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I'd love to hand that game over to my ten-year-old brother and see how far he makes it. Portal 2 "Controversy"  725796345

You should record him raging.
Back to top Go down
Chobo
The Judge
The Judge
Chobo

Portal 2 "Controversy"  0Qsw2y9
Stature : 88

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:28 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

My 10 year old is playing through it and he's at the part where you in the old facility.

and as for the news story, it's a joke. it's one of a bunch of jokes in the game. this one is where wheatly can't come up with a good insult to chell and GLADOS refutes them.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:31 pm

chobo500 wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

My 10 year old is playing through it and he's at the part where you in the old facility.

and as for the news story, it's a joke. it's one of a bunch of jokes in the game. this one is where wheatly can't come up with a good insult to chell and GLADOS refutes them.

I lol'd at those jokes the entire time during this playthrough.
Back to top Go down
Dam_Noir
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Dam_Noir

England

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

In many of the Commonwealth Nations and Ireland, gelatin desserts are called jelly.

Portal 2 "Controversy"  15_5_o10
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:42 pm

^
I fucking love jelly!!!
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 1:51 pm

Our jelly comes in a jar:

Portal 2 "Controversy"  American_welch_s_concord_grape_jelly_jar_280_p_answer_2_xlarge
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:16 pm

In Ireland and Britain, we call that Jam.

Portal 2 "Controversy"  Follain%20strawberry%20jam

Man, how off topic is this. Portal 2 "Controversy"  725796345

So yeah, Valve have something against orphans. Razz

Last edited by Stoney on Mon Jun 13, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TheJubJub5721
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
TheJubJub5721

Stature : 25
Playing : People suck.

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2011 2:17 pm

Dam_Noir wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

In many of the Commonwealth Nations and Ireland, gelatin desserts are called jelly.

Portal 2 "Controversy"  15_5_o10

This would be jello in America.

But dammit, back on topic!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portal 2 "Controversy"    Portal 2 "Controversy"  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Portal 2 "Controversy"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next