Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel Empty
PostSubject: Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel   Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:37 am

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel Mission-impossible-rogue-nation-10

Quote :
Paramount Pictures vice chairman Rob Moore is ready for more Ethan Hunt, strongly endorsing Tom Cruise’s recent announcement that “Mission: Impossible 6″ is in the works.

“We’re very happy to be developing this movie with Tom,” Moore told Variety. “There’s no question that Ethan Hunt deserves another film.”

The veteran executive was basking in the glow of a $121 million global opening for “Mission: Impossible — Rogue Nation” — $56 million in the U.S. and another $65 million from 40% of international markets. “The international brand is as strong as ever,” he added.

It was the first public comment by Paramount execs — who tend to take a measured approach in discussing future films. Even as “Rogue Nation” opened on Friday, the studio was insisting that its tracking showed a $40 million U.S. opening, even though the final figure turned out to be 40% higher.

Paul Dergarabedian, senior media analyst at Rentrak, said he’s not surprised that another “Mission: Impossible” is in the works.

“I think it’s very smart,” he added. “Given the performance of ‘Rogue Nation,’ there has to be another movie.”

Cruise revealed plans on Tuesday to return in the Ethan Hunt role for a sixth “Mission: Impossible,” asserting that shooting could start as early as a year from now.

“We’re starting to work on it now. We’ll probably start shooting it next summer,” he told host Jon Stewart on “The Daily Show.”

The previous four “Mission: Impossible” films have grossed a combined $2 billion at the worldwide box office. “Rogue Nation,” which carries a $150 million pricetag, is produced by Cruise along with J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk, David Ellison, Dana Goldberg and Don Granger.

Christopher McQuarrie directed from a screenplay he wrote with Drew Pearce. Each “Mission: Impossible” has employed a different director. The previous films were directed by Brian De Palma, John Woo, Abrams and Brad Bird.

Cruise, 53, is currently shooting drug thriller “Mena” with Doug Liman directing. He also said during the show Tuesday that he’s discussed an “Edge of Tomorrow” sequel with McQuarrie and Liman, who wrote and directed the sci-fier, respectively.

Source: Variety

Definitely looking forward to Mission: Impossible 6.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel   Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 11:43 am

What crazy shit will Tom Cruise pull this time?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel   Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 5:21 pm

This is obvious.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel   Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 5:45 pm

I can't wait! MI5 was effin' badass.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel   Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 5:49 pm

American James Bond. :-)
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel   Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 6:11 pm

@Mecha

Actually, I've always viewed this franchise as the "American's James Bond". Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel   Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paramount backs Tom Cruise for Another Sequel
Page 1 of 1