Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game

Go down 
+5
ghost23
Mugen
Based Sonji
Orc
yonny616
9 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game Empty
PostSubject: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 4:48 pm

I know it's not the most accurate gaming website, But this is surprising. Considering it feels like a unfinished game.
http://gamrfeed.vgchartz.com/story/86754/gran-turismo-5-this-is-how-you-support-a-game/
Quote :
Then we look at Gran Turismo 5. For those unfamiliar, the kind folks at Polyphony Digital have been providing very frequent updates to the game ever since launch. Their update schedule has only faltered during the recent PSN outage, but they got their update online almost immediately after the network came back online. These updates have included an online car dealership, races to qualify for a contest to drive an actual racecar, seasonal events, special challenges, development and car videos, and numerous gameplay tweaks and fixes.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:31 pm

I think the best way to support your game and please your fans is to actually release the game on time and not simply copying content from a playstation 2 game into it.
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Lykos wrote:
I think the best way to support your game and please your fans is to actually release the game on time and not simply copying content from a playstation 2 game into it.

There was PS2 content on GT5?

Back to top Go down
Mugen
Villager
Villager
Mugen

Stature : 1

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 10:42 pm

I never get excited when I see an update for a game, expect if it's GT5. they don't just fix a few bugs here's and there, they acctually add features fans are asking for.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 11:17 pm

Sonji wrote:
Lykos wrote:

About half the cars were the PS2 ports rather than rebuilt for the PS3.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:40 am

ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Lykos wrote:

80% to be precise.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 11:56 am

Lykos wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Lykos wrote:

80% to be precise.

More like 99.999%
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 2:04 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Aren't they constantly updating and turning those cars to premiums?

Yeah.....
Back to top Go down
The Enkindler
Endgame Boss
Endgame Boss

Stature : 86
Greece
Playing : Plenty of games, and I can't count them.

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Sorry, what was GT5 again?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/azazel166
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:36 pm

Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Yeah.....

Unacceptable. When you work on a game for five years, you would except that to be all done by launch.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 6:39 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Unacceptable. When you work on a game for five years, you would except that to be all done by launch.
It would've taken twice as long were they to make every one of the cars a premium model. I think they were pressured into releasing the game earlier than they would have liked so they couldn't perfect it like they wanted to.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:07 pm

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
It would've taken twice as long were they to make every one of the cars a premium model. I think they were pressured into releasing the game earlier than they would have liked so they couldn't perfect it like they wanted to.

In game development there has to be a cut off point. You can't spend too long because then you'll anger both your fans and your investors.

And TBH alot of the game development time wasn't put to good use...(i.e. a gimmicky 3D mode and NASCAR to grab the western audience -_-) They could have spent extra time polishing the gameplay experience and the cars for that matter.

However it's not unacceptable to continually support your games. Despite the huge amount of development time and all the promises, GT5 costs 60 bucks just like any other game. They didn't charge extra because it was set out to be the perfect racing game. No one here lost, not even Sony (6 million+ sales). The fact is GT5 provides sooo much content and so much bang for your buck. And just like you would expect from a good developer, they are continually supporting their game with giant ass game updates. So all in all yes it didn't meet our expectations but it's far from "unacceptable."

Last edited by Alanski on Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

LittleBigP

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 7:08 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Sonji wrote:
Lykos wrote:

Yeah.....

That would've taken like 4123412431234 years.....
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 12, 2011 7:30 am

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

LOL NO THEY WERE JUST SO DESPERATE TO GET ABOVE THE COMPETITION THAT THEY IMPORTED LOADS OF CARS FROM PREVIOUS GAMES JUST SO THEY COULD SAY "OH YA GT HAS 1000 CARZ", IGNORING THE FACT THAT ONLY 200 OF THEM WERE PROPERLY BUILT FOR THE GAME. AND THAT IS FINE BUT YOU KNOW, 500 OR SO AWESOME CARS IN FORZA > 200 AWESOME CARS IN GT.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game   Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gran Turismo 5: This is how you support a game
Page 1 of 1