Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! Empty
PostSubject: Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!!   Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 7:06 pm

Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! 12261910

Quote :
As soon as Ben Affleck was officially announced as our new Caped Crusader in Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice, fans wondered if he might possibly helm a solo outing for the character at some point. Recently we heard rumors that he was being lined up to do just that, and now Deadline seems to have made it official: Ben Affleck will team up with Geoff Johns to write a Batman movie, which he will also direct as soon as work is complete on his adaptation of the Dennis Lehane novel Live By Night. According to the site, the pair are "well in synch and have more than found their rhythm", and are expected to turn in a script before the end of the summer.

No release date is set, and plot details are obviously non-existent at this early stage - but it will most likely be set after the events of Dawn Of Justice, unless WB has yet another origin story in mind for the Dark Knight! Thoughts on this big news?

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!!   Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2015 9:51 pm

NOT confirmed. It's not from WB or Affleck or John's themselves, but from Deadline insider sources. Read the actual Deadline article.

Anyway, if this is true, which it likely will be, great, but I would have prefered him team up with Snyder for the writing instead of Johns as Snyder's Batman is pretty fucking amazing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!!   Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 2:40 am

Okay, so it isn't confirmed... yet. But it might as well be, considering every credible website is posting this. But you're right, Yonny.

Also lol! For a second I thought you were talking about Zack Snyder. Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!!   Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2015 5:37 am

I prefer Johns over Snyder, his Batman run is pretty hit or miss, Court of Owls and Zero Year were great but Death of The Family was shit and Endgame was just good.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!!   Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2016 3:26 pm

Only Affleck can save this franchise now, despite Batman's actions in BvS.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!!   Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Confirmed: Ben Affleck to co-write and direct the solo Batman movie!!!
Page 1 of 1