Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

[PS4 ver.] Destiny review

Go down 
+2
Mecha
2Sugoi2Die
6 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

[PS4 ver.] Destiny review StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

[PS4 ver.] Destiny review Empty
PostSubject: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 12:53 am

Finally decided to pick this game while it was cheap. This is review of the base game, not including the two expansion DLC.

The shooting aspect feels satisfying as expected from a Bungie game but unfortunately everything else feels shallow. Seems like the game has good lore behind it but the story is almost non-existent outside a few cut scenes and dialog during missions. NPC's don't tell you much either.

Character classes don't really mean jackshit when it comes to shooting outside a few abilities that is unique to them. Armour can be unique to class but all types of weapons can be used by any class.

Enemy AI is somewhat similar to Halo's. There are overall 3 different type of enemies you encounter throughout the game;
- Ridiculous weak
- Ridiculous high accuracy
- Bullet sponges from Borderlands
A lot of fights can be pretty boring, a lot of the end mission fights tend to go wave 1, wave 2, boss wave.

You can join up with other players and do missions together and you can also encounter random players exploring the same area as you. You can still choose to do content solo. There is also a hud world that serves as a place to pick up bounties, meet other players, buy and sell gear. The game also allows you to freely explore areas as petrol missions where you can do side quest. Even though you can solo through the game but the game requires to be always online and some of the missions are locked out to you if you're not a PS+ subscriber. Other content will be locked out if you don't have the expansions which makes sense.

There is also PVP, it's more or less like Halo's multilayer.

In short, this game is as tight controls and guns but everything else is shallow. Classes lack the Holy Trinity. Story is almost non-existent. Enemy variety is lacking. Content locked behind PS+. Online only even though most of the games content can be soloed. Do yourself a favor, don't buy this shit new or used.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

[PS4 ver.] Destiny review R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 7:08 am

Destiny seems like a watered down MMO.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2015 2:43 pm

I only played the beta but I was unimpressed.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:25 pm

I played the beta, and it felt like a soul-less Halo clone with lame MMO elements thrown into it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 1:54 pm

Ditto. It only took me to play the beta to see how shallow it was.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

[PS4 ver.] Destiny review ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 6:07 pm

B-but, it sold so well... It has to at least be incredible.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

[PS4 ver.] Destiny review StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 8:29 pm

Probably because how over hype this game is. It would probably flop if it didn't have Bungie logo on it.

Apparently, you'll finally get something that resembles a story if you buy the expansions. Even then the first two expansions is only a couple hours long from what others said.

I would say it is more or less a watered down Borderlands game.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2015 11:04 pm

That was my impression too. It was Borderlands without the awesome weapons and dialogue.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [PS4 ver.] Destiny review   [PS4 ver.] Destiny review I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[PS4 ver.] Destiny review
Page 1 of 1