Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" Empty
PostSubject: 'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string"   'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 3:41 pm

'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" Chazelle_a

Quote :
The theme of characters pushing themselves to extremes is central to Chazelle's work and is what attracted him to also sign on to First Man, a biopic about astronaut Neil Armstrong that is in development at Universal.

"It's like Whiplash in space," Chazelle tells THR. "It's going to be another portrait of someone driven to the brink of what some people might term 'insanity' and also questioning the cost that goes into great achievement. I guess as someone who is kind of driven to the point of alienation myself, I'm attracted to characters like that."

"There's also a temptation to jump right into some giant tentpole," explains Chazelle. "I think for some people that works, but for me I wouldn't be interested in that because I'm only interested in things I can actually direct. I'm not interested in being a puppet on a string."

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/whiplash-director-resisting-tentpoles-im-747378
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string"   'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 6:58 pm

Still need to see Whiplash.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string"   'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 8:22 am

Mecha wrote:
Still need to see Whiplash.

Get to it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: 'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string"   'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 8:15 am

That moment when Demange calls Chazelle "A Genius", and names his film Whiplash as his favorite of that year. Keep dat swag, comin'!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: 'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string"   'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2015 8:21 am

Whiplash was awesome! Can't wait!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string"   'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

'Whiplash', Chazelle: "I don't want to be a puppet on a string"
Page 1 of 1