Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?

Go down 
+3
Mecha
Orc
The_Biotic_God
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? Empty
PostSubject: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:44 pm

So I've looked into it. Apparently you can play PS3 games and stream PS3 content on the PSV, like how you can play Wii U with just the controller... You can do pretty much everything that the new Wii U controller can do with the PSV (browse the web, chat with friends, play games that are on your main console, etc). As for the consoles themselves it's kind of already confirmed that the Wii U won't have an HDD and won't be able to play Blu-ray movies, unlike the PS3.

Is there something I'm missing here? Seems like my CURRENT gen console can already potentially be on par with the next generation Nintendo console. At first the Wii U was a day one buy for me but they better clear up my doubts and make the console affordable for me. Because in all honesty buying a PSV would probably be better for me if the capabilities and features of a Wii U and PS3V are on-par since I actually do prefer the Playstation exclusive franchises over Nintendo's.

Also, wtf? Only 1 wii U controller per console. Are they just making this shit as they go -_-?

http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/117/1173628p1.html

For those skeptics Remote Play worked perfectly for PSP. The only problem was that the PSP only had 1 analog stick, making the support for it less and less useful.

Last edited by Alanski on Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:46 pm

Hang on, this whole "play ps3 games on PSV" thing... is it when you are nearby it?
Or can you literally like copy the game onto the psv? (which I doubt but .... you could surprise me, I mean technology these days)
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 6:48 pm

Lykos wrote:
Hang on, this whole "play ps3 games on PSV" thing... is it when you are nearby it?
Or can you literally like copy the game onto the psv? (which I doubt but .... you could surprise me, I mean technology these days)

Well the PSP could already play "select" PS3 games...
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:24 pm

Why are we comparing a console to an handheld again? Anyway, it all depends on the price and how they both perform I guess. I'm still waiting to see how multiplats perform on both PlayStation Vita and Wii U before I can make my purchase.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:32 pm

Mecha wrote:
Why are we comparing a console to an handheld again? Anyway, it all depends on the price and how they both perform I guess. I'm still waiting to see how multiplats perform on both PlayStation Vita and Wii U before I can make my purchase.

Well...I don't know if I made it clear enough in the title...But we are comparing PSV+PS3 and the Wii U. Not just PSV vs Wii U. Besides the Wii U controller is practically a handheld game system since you don't even need to be on a TV to play Wii U games. Both the PSV and Wii U controller can stream media off of your home console. I mean that's basically the "innovation" behind the Wii U. It's just over-glorified remote play introduced first with the PSP. In fact, realistically the PSV would be better for remote play with console games since it has dedicated hardware built in that will help it run the games seamlessly.

BTW...If it's any help, I'm more than sure multiplatform games shared with the PS3 and wii U will atleast run just as good on the Wii U.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 7:53 pm

Wait, didn't they announce that you can play PlayStation Vita on your TV at E3?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:02 pm

Mecha wrote:

Yea, and you can play PS3 games through remote play.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:03 pm

Alanski wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Yea, and you can play PS3 games through remote play.

Kinda ironic how that works. Razz
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:35 pm

The PSV will be less powerful than PS3, though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:41 pm

DukeNukem34 wrote:

When Sony said that PlayStation Vita will be as powerful as the PS3, I think they meant that it will perform just as good.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 8:43 pm

Ummm, not everyone who has a PS3 will buy the Vita. While Nintendo has every Wii-U packaged with the controller. The developers will definitely side with Nintendo and give it more games to them then Sony. So Nintendo still has the advantage here.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 09, 2011 9:00 pm

Teckno wrote:
Ummm, not everyone who has a PS3 will buy the Vita. While Nintendo has every Wii-U packaged with the controller. The developers will definitely side with Nintendo and give it more games to them then Sony. So Nintendo still has the advantage here.

It's safe to assume every/most PS3 games will be supported through PSV remote play. It'll almost be like a default feature. Besides, not only can the PSV compete with the Wii U controller in terms of remote play but it can also play platform specific PSV games...I mean remember that the PSV is also it's own platform. In fact, it's safe to say the PSV is capable of everything the Wii U controller can do +more.

Quote :

Remember that remote play allows PS3 games to be scaled down for the PSV. The PSV by default runs at a much lower resolution than a PS3 game so it's safe to assume PS3 can be played on a PSV at a lower resolution.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 10, 2011 8:10 am

If that would happen then fuck the wiiu.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Sub-Boss
Sub-Boss
ghost23

Stature : 11
Australia

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 9:31 am

I really don't get what the appeal of the Wii U is. The system is around on par or slightly more powerful than currrent generation technology which was released almost 6 years ago. There is no reason for any third parties to develop exclusives for it since they will be segmenting the huge 360/ps3 audience that has been built up.

The controller is just a huge gimmick just like the Wii was. I don't want to be using a damn ipad to control my games which play perfectly fine with one screen.

I guarantee that within the next few years, Microsoft and Sony will release new hardware that can completely utilise all the current gaming engines such as Frostbite 3, upgraded Unreal 3, CryEngine 3 to their full potential. and we will be in the exact same scenario as we were this generation where Nintendo is severely underpowered. The defining factor is that maybe this time, Nintendo's gimmick might not sell just the way that Wii did.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 12:22 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I really don't get what the appeal of the Wii U is. The system is around on par or slightly more powerful than currrent generation technology which was released almost 6 years ago. There is no reason for any third parties to develop exclusives for it since they will be segmenting the huge 360/ps3 audience that has been built up.

The controller is just a huge gimmick just like the Wii was. I don't want to be using a damn ipad to control my games which play perfectly fine with one screen.

I guarantee that within the next few years, Microsoft and Sony will release new hardware that can completely utilise all the current gaming engines such as Frostbite 3, upgraded Unreal 3, CryEngine 3 to their full potential. and we will be in the exact same scenario as we were this generation where Nintendo is severely underpowered. The defining factor is that maybe this time, Nintendo's gimmick might not sell just the way that Wii did.

I agree completely. Wii U isn't going to appeal much to the hardcore market if 3rd parties don't give a 2 shits about it. Even though they haven't released any GPU specs it's clearly obvious that if Nintendo is fine with showing PS3/360 footage for their Wii U reveal then they clearly don't have any intentions of having a high performance GPU in their console. In alot of ways the PS3 is already shaping up to have more hardware advantages over the Wii U.

The PS3+PSV combo should be more than enough for me until 2013/2014. I'm not going to spend 300-400+ dollars on a console that isn't that much more powerful than the current gen systems.

Frostbite 2 and CryEngine 3 are technically next generation engines since they were developed from the ground up recenetly. Epic Games has announced that Unreal Engine 4 will be ready for next gen platforms. Gears 3 will probably utilize the last version of the UE3.5 before they start focusing on the next generation UE.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Anyone who buys the Wii U deserves to get slapped. Crap console is crap. I'll buy the Vita and the 3DS eventually.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?   PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PSV+PS3 (or "PS3V") vs Wii U?!?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Generation7 - Gaming :: Off-Topic :: Debate Section-
Jump to: