Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games

Go down 
+9
RamboOnRedBull
igame
The_Biotic_God
Orion
Mr Canai Spy
Orc
Bluenose
Archduke
Mecha
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 2:57 pm

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 3:40 pm

Good job joining the Wii U, Xbox One. Huge shot at PS4, though. PS Now seems like a joke at this point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 3:49 pm

That's amazing. It's even more amazing that it's through a software update. I always assumed you would have to optimize the hardware for backwards compatibility to work.

Good job Microsoft and pleasssssssssssseeeeeeeeeeee Sony do this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2015 7:25 pm

Yup. Sony looking really bad. Not only did they go straight for the streaming service, but they didn't even consider making exceptions for people who already own these games. And it's extortionate too, charging by the hour!

Microsoft really annihilated them here. They gotta cook up something big for their show.
Back to top Go down
Mr Canai Spy
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
Mr Canai Spy

Stature : 47
Weymouth
Playing : halo 5, rise of the tomb raider

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 3:38 am

My hdd is ready
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 6:24 am

Sony had nothing to match this
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 10:37 am

They probably added something to the application layer that converts from PowerPC to x86. I wonder what the performance will be like.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 16, 2015 11:47 am

Quote :
Developers and publishers just need to approve what titles work with backwards compatibility, and Microsoft will do the rest, said Spencer.

lolwut? Does this mean only the big, important titles will come through backwards compatibility?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 11:10 am

Archduke wrote:
Quote :
Developers and publishers just need to approve what titles work with backwards compatibility, and Microsoft will do the rest, said Spencer.

lolwut? Does this mean only the big, important titles will come through backwards compatibility?

I wouldn't expect any shovelware.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 12:54 pm

Red Dead is all i need
Back to top Go down
igame
Mid-Boss
Mid-Boss
igame

Stature : 39
in front of computer
Playing : comedy

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 17, 2015 10:34 pm

Ps now was always a joke.

Call me a fanboy, but i dont see how Sony can do it since the ps3 architecture was shit and hard to work with.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 8:40 am

igame wrote:

Call me a fanboy, but i dont see how Sony can do it since the ps3 architecture was shit and hard to work with.
Sony should have thought about that when developing the PS4, no BC was one of the main reasons I didn't buy the system and now I'm getting an Xbone.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:25 am

igame wrote:

Yea, the next best thing Sony can do is make PS Now free for PS Plus subscribers.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeThu Jun 18, 2015 10:48 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
igame wrote:

Yea, the next best thing Sony can do is make PS Now free for PS Plus subscribers.

Which is something I'm sure Sony isn't going to ever do. Unless they drastically increase the price of PS Plus to an insane amount.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 3:44 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
They probably added something to the application layer that converts from PowerPC to x86. I wonder what the performance will be like.

Actually pretty damn good

- Better frame-rate
- Less "pop-in"
- Shorter load-times
- Less slowdown in cut-scenes
- Better control (subjective preference really)
- Different lighting (also subjective preference)
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeFri Jun 19, 2015 8:20 pm

The original Mass Effect definitely had a lot of performance issues so it's great to see that.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 6:02 pm

Man I hope that Sony feels generous for whatever reason and makes Playstation Now a free service. Razz
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 6:06 pm

Actually, framerate is slightly worse because v-sync is enabled for all games. Microsoft is prioritizing no screen tearing over framerate.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 6:14 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:
Actually, framerate is slightly worse because v-sync is enabled for all games. Microsoft is prioritizing no screen tearing over framerate.

The real question is who would want to play through ME1's God awful gameplay again.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 7:49 pm

Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

The real question is who would want to play through ME1's God awful gameplay again.

I beat that game like 4 times.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:00 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
is that good?
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 9:01 am

Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

You realize it is Bioware's greatest game?
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Everywhere

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 10:54 am

Orion wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:
 is that good?

Depends on your preference....I think framerate is more important but some people can't stand to see the image being chopped up by screen tearing.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:27 am

Orc wrote:
Teckno wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

You realize it is Bioware's greatest game?

Nope. Mass Effect 2 and KOTOR are better than Mass Effect 1.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 22, 2015 11:45 am

Mass Effect 1 had shit gameplay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games   Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One backward compatibility update enables 360, XBLA Games
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next