Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie Empty
PostSubject: Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie   Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie I_icon_minitimeWed May 27, 2015 5:17 pm

I haven't seen Johnny Quest in like forever.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie Empty
PostSubject: Re: Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie   Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 7:27 am

Johnny Quest will not be as kiddie as the Spy Kids movies

Quote :
A couple months back it was announced that Director Robert Rodriguez would be helming a live action adaptation of the classic action adventure cartoon series Jonny Quest.  Rodriguez (Sin City, and Dusk Till Dawn) who is set to direct is also working on the script with writer Terry Rossio (Pirates of the Caribbean franchise, and The Lone Ranger).

Now we have some new information on the project. This week at the TCA’s Rodriguez spoke with Collider’s Christina Radish, and when asked how the project was progressing he had this to say.

“Really good! I love Jonny Quest. The originals are so cool. They were really ahead of their time. I grew up with them because they used to play in syndication and my kids still love them. They’re action-packed. That was an action cartoon.”  The director continued “They had to cancel it after the first season because they couldn’t keep up with it. The amount of drawings was like four times the amount of drawings.”

Rodriguez has done films ranging from the family friendly Spy Kids to the adult themed Sin City.  So what kind of tone can we expect for Jonny Quest and is there a particular rating he’s shooting for?

“It was an adventure. Before Indiana Jones, it was an Indiana Jones/James Bond action-adventure strip with a kid in it. It just happened to have a kid. It wasn’t a kid’s story. It was an action-adventure story that had a kid in it. So, that’s what it’s going to be with the movie. I made Spy Kids movies, but those are more kids being spies and their family. This is more of a legitimate action-adventure film that has a kid in it.” In regards to the rating the director said “It will be PG or PG-13. It depends. Sometimes with the action, even if it’s not bloody, it depends on how the ratings’ board feels. I tried to make Spy Kids G-rated. They made it PG, just ‘cause there’s action. It depends on how far you push that.”

As for when we can expect him to begin production. Rodriguez said he was turning in the script and it is in the studios hands now. So what do you think do you like his assessment of the cartoon and the tone he is going for? Leave your comments in the usual place.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down

Robert Rodriguez to direct live-action Johnny Quest movie
Page 1 of 1