Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" Empty
PostSubject: Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema"   Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 12:26 pm

Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" Simon-pegg

Quote :
Simon Pegg pulled no punches when said that the recent slate of comic book movies are “kind of dumbing down” cinema.

“Because it’s taking our focus away from real-world issues. Films used to be about challenging, emotional journeys or moral questions that might make you walk away and re-evaluate how you felt about… whatever,” Pegg told the Radio Times. “Now we’re walking out of the cinema really not thinking about anything, other than the fact that the Hulk just had a fight with a robot.”

The actor, known for his roles in the “Star Trek” franchise and cult hits like “Shaun of the Dead,” also said in the interview that movies used to have a more artistic bent.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema"   Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 12:57 pm

He just mad because his friend didn't direct the comic book movie he had been working on for years.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema"   Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:31 pm

- "I don't think comic book movies are that good."

- "You're just butthurt!"

- Mecha-logic.

Anyway... I'm still looking forward to Suicide Squad and Batman V Superman. Here's to hoping they'll reach my expectations. Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" 2505020059
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema"   Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" I_icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2015 1:45 pm

More like Marvel is dumbing down cinema if anything. =/

At least DC movies try to be a little deeper.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema"   Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Simon Pegg: "Comic Book Movies are kind of dumbing down Cinema"
Page 1 of 1