Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread

Go down 
+2
Mecha
yonny616
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 1:19 am

@yonny616 Nah. People love Robert Downey Jr. more than the character of Tony Stark. A dumb point that you basically agreed with by saying, and I quote,"To the audience RDJ and Tony Stark are one in the same. It's the reason The Judge flopped." Also once again, Spider-Man is a douche to his enemies, but Tony Stark is a douche to humanity. Causing death and destruction due to his weapons and pissing off the wrong people because of his big ego. Spider-Man never caused as much casualties like Iron Man did. He was never forced to give his suit away to the government though. Then people in the MCU are stupid if they don't see what Tony Stark as done. Doesn't mean the movies should be like the comics though. You don't have to explain why Iron Man was never a B-lister. But it shows that you have nothing to back up your claim.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 2:03 am

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Nah. People love Robert Downey Jr. more than the character of Tony Stark. A dumb point that you basically agreed with by saying, and I quote,"To the audience RDJ and Tony Stark are one in the same. It's the reason The Judge flopped." Also once again, Spider-Man is a douche to his enemies, but Tony Stark is a douche to humanity. Causing death and destruction due to his weapons and pissing off the wrong people because of his big ego. Spider-Man never caused as much casualties like Iron Man did. He was never forced to give his suit away to the government though. Then people in the MCU are stupid if they don't see what Tony Stark as done. Doesn't mean the movies should be like the comics though. You don't have to explain why Iron Man was never a B-lister. But it shows that you have nothing to back up your claim.
Wouldn't that then mean they love him as Stark which means they love Stark sooooo yeah. lol Still a bully who pushes his enemies to do crazy shit. You're right. They stole it. They know what Tony has done. What are you talking about you mention the comics. There. Just like you.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 12:59 pm

@yonny616 Exactly! They love him as Tony Stark. Once a new actor takes over the role, it won't be the same. Spider-Man doesn't push his villains into anything. He just simply mocks them is all. They steal Tony Stark's suit and know what he has done, yet he simply is able to walk free without getting arrested. I was just point out that Tony Stark is very unlikable in the comics is all. In what sense was Iron Man ever an A-lister before the movies? Dude, I was there. Nobody gave a shit about Iron Man before the movies. You're going to sit there and tell me a lot of people liked Iron Man before the movies? Sure the Civil War comic made comic book readers see Iron Man in a whole new light. But other than that, there isn't too many Iron Man comics that really stood out.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 3:05 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Exactly! They love him as Tony Stark. Once a new actor takes over the role, it won't be the same. Spider-Man doesn't push his villains into anything. He just simply mocks them is all. They steal Tony Stark's suit and know what he has done, yet he simply is able to walk free without getting arrested. I was just point out that Tony Stark is very unlikable in the comics is all. In what sense was Iron Man ever an A-lister before the movies? Dude, I was there. Nobody gave a shit about Iron Man before the movies. You're going to sit there and tell me a lot of people liked Iron Man before the movies? Sure the Civil War comic made comic book readers see Iron Man in a whole new light. But other than that, there isn't too many Iron Man comics that really stood out.
So they love the character. He mocks them into them doing crazy shit. Sure they were going to do crazy shit anyway, but he bullies them into making them do crazy ass shit. LIKE EVERY SUPERHERO EVER! And all I said is they're going to change shit whether we like it or not. You're going to sit there and act like Iron Man was b-list? Iron Man is one of the top Marvel characters. Low A-list, not b-list. He wasn't a main eventer, but he sure as hell wasn't a mid-carder.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 3:14 pm

Iron Man used to be more popular than Superman during the 1980s, actually.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2015 9:25 pm

So am I the only one who disliked Ultron's first design, and hated the "upgraded" design? I mean, the Ultron bots looked better than the actual body(s) for Ultron.

They had better concept designs like THIS:
AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 TcTtDZE

One on the left BTW.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 9:43 am

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
So they love the character. He mocks them into them doing crazy shit. Sure they were going to do crazy shit anyway, but he bullies them into making them do crazy ass shit. LIKE EVERY SUPERHERO EVER! And all I said is they're going to change shit whether we like it or not. You're going to sit there and act like Iron Man was b-list? Iron Man is one of the top Marvel characters. Low A-list, not b-list. He wasn't a main eventer, but he sure as hell wasn't a mid-carder.

They love the actor playing the character. Mocking villains to do crazy shit is not the same as creating monsters. Nope. A lot of the time police are after superheroes like Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Wolverine, etc. But not once single arrest attempt at Iron Man. No shit! Of course there will always be changes made to comic book movies. I was never complaining about making changes. Just because you knew who Iron Man before the movies, does not make him an A-lister. By that logic, Deathstroke is an A-list villain because he is very important to the DC lore. But the truth is, the majority don't know who Deathstroke is.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 11:01 am

I thought it was a pretty great movie.

Was kinda turned off by how Ultron had somewhat of a jokey-childish personality. Also Tony Stark was being a lil bitch.

The best fight in the movie was between Iron Man and Hulk. That was epic as fuck and I like how they made use of the Hulk as a more serious character than in the previous movie.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 11:24 am

Ultron was jokey because he had Tony Stark's personality. See, this is why I wanted Ant-Man to create Ultron instead. Ant-Man has a dark side to him that could have made Ultron a much more serious villain. I just hope Ultron comes back at some point in the future. Maybe they can call it The Avengers: Rage of Ultron.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 2:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:

They love the actor playing the character. Mocking villains to do crazy shit is not the same as creating monsters. Nope. A lot of the time police are after superheroes like Batman, Spider-Man, Superman, Wolverine, etc. But not once single arrest attempt at Iron Man. No shit! Of course there will always be changes made to comic book movies. I was never complaining about making changes. Just because you knew who Iron Man before the movies, does not make him an A-lister. By that logic, Deathstroke is an A-list villain because he is very important to the DC lore. But the truth is, the majority don't know who Deathstroke is.

They love the character. If they loved the actor his movies would do better. *Looks at lizard from TASM* AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 3202469658 Government tried taking his suits, well, they actually stole one. Then why mention it in the fucking first place then? You seem to think I think he was a main eventer when I don't. He's the guy who's been to the main event, but also messes around in the mid-card. So he's a low-tier A-list.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 2:25 pm

@yonny616 They love the actor in the role. But it wouldn't be the same without each other. The Lizard is nothing compare to Whiplash, The Mandarin and Ultron. Doesn't change the fact that they didn't arrest him. I mentioned it because I was just pointing out that Tony Stark in the comics isn't as charming as he is in the movies. Doesn't matter. Most people don't even read comics, so they wouldn't know that.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:51 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 They love the actor in the role. But it wouldn't be the same without each other. The Lizard is nothing compare to Whiplash, The Mandarin and Ultron. Doesn't change the fact that they didn't arrest him. I mentioned it because I was just pointing out that Tony Stark in the comics isn't as charming as he is in the movies. Doesn't matter. Most people don't even read comics, so they wouldn't know that.
Doesn't change the fact that people love the character. Stark didn't create whiplash, nor Mandarin. Ultron he created with Banner? But he has been warned. But here's the simple answer: Stark doesn't care. But why? So I guess the only A-listers are Batman, Superman, and Spider-Man.... maybe Wonder Woman. Since you know... most people don't read comics.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 4:47 am

@yonny616 Only because Robert Downey Jr. is playing the character. Tony Stark is responsible for his villains actions. Then why didn't Ultron consider Banner his father as well? Stark doesn't care that he gets arrested? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Because I was trying to prove that not a lot of people liked the character until the movies. I'm pretty sure The Fantastic Four, Hulk, and X-Men were far more popular than Iron Man before the movies.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 5:51 pm

Mecha wrote:
@yonny616 Only because Robert Downey Jr. is playing the character. Tony Stark is responsible for his villains actions. Then why didn't Ultron consider Banner his father as well? Stark doesn't care that he gets arrested? Yeah, that makes perfect sense. Because I was trying to prove that not a lot of people liked the character until the movies. I'm pretty sure The Fantastic Four, Hulk, and X-Men were far more popular than Iron Man before the movies.
Lol They love the character Downey plays. I don't know? Ask Whedon yourself on twitter. What villainous actions? Creating an A.I. that went haywire? His dad deporting Whiplash's dad? Being a douche to Killian? Yeah... such villainous actions. Yeah, sure. I mean, the dude pretty much told the government they can't do shit. I guess. Still an irrelevant point. Too bad they were still b-list since they weren't icon level status (a.k.a A-list).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread   AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AVENGERS: AGE OF ULTRON Spoilers Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2