Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played

Go down 
+6
Bluenose
The_Biotic_God
Stigma
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
Stoney
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played Empty
PostSubject: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 8:59 am

For reals.

Maybe my opinion is a bit skewed due to the lack of quality, "next gen" games, but holy shit, this game is a masterpiece. The atmosphere, the music, the art style, the enemy types, the boss battles, the varied areas, the bloody fantastic combat. It's a game that needs to be played.

I know @orc would love this game for it's setting alone.

Just a little fyi, I never had any interest in the Souls series, as a matter of fact I still don't, the few videos I've seen of DS2, the art style looks bland (granted I've only seen the opening) and the combat looks very, well, not good.

If you have a PS4, buy this game.

It also has really fun co-op/PvP.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 10:14 am

I may buy it in a few days. I LOVE Demon's Souls, so I'd probably love this one, too.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 2:27 pm

I don't know man the Souls games were too slow paced for me, i like my action games to be fast paced.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 04, 2015 11:42 pm

I played the shit out of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls and while I like Bloodborne from what I've played so far it feels like a faster paced, stipped down, casualized Dark Souls. No magic, no branching upgrade paths, builds don't matter, neither does armor. I don't see it as an "action RPG" either, more like a hack and slash game with a leveling system.

It's a good game don't get me wrong but I'm not feeling the 9/10 9.5/10 10/10 hype it's getting from reviewers. It's easy too, but I guess that was the sacrifice necessary to appeal to a wider audience.

EDIT: I think I see the difference as to why Stoney thinks Dark Souls is boring and Bloodborne is great and I like Dark Souls more than Bloodborne. Dark Souls combat is slow and methodical, you learn your enemy and let them take the initiative and you react. You play very defensively, but Bloodborne is the opposite where you win battles by being hyper aggressive and overwhelming your enemy, you can even trade blows due to being able to gain some health back by hitting your enemy. Bloodborne rewards you for being aggressive and Dark Souls punishes you for it. Dark Souls battles are very tactful and drawn out, Bloodborne battles are very reactive and stamina lasts way longer and recovers much faster than in Dark Souls. The gratification in Dark Souls comes from finally beating your target after a difficult and often frustrating encounter, while gratification in Bloodborne is immediate and comes mostly from the fighting itself rather than the joy of winning. At least that's my take on it.
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 2:28 am

^ I've never played any of the Souls games but a common misconception in the gaming community is that difficult games = good game design. A game being frustratingly hard for the sake of it isn't really good game design.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 7:59 am

Reminds me of something Shin Zu said "war is always clamouring, but victory is short stretch from clamour"
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 10:30 am

The_Biotic_God wrote:
^ I've never played any of the Souls games but a common misconception in the gaming community is that difficult games = good game design. A game being frustratingly hard for the sake of it isn't really good game design.

Preach.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 12:37 pm

Demon's Souls is the hardest game I have ever played in my life.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 3:31 pm

Stigma wrote:
I played the shit out of Demon's Souls and Dark Souls and while I like Bloodborne from what I've played so far it feels like a faster paced, stipped down, casualized Dark Souls. No magic, no branching upgrade paths, builds don't matter, neither does armor. I don't see it as an "action RPG" either, more like a hack and slash game with a leveling system.

It's a good game don't get me wrong but I'm not feeling the 9/10 9.5/10 10/10 hype it's getting from reviewers. It's easy too, but I guess that was the sacrifice necessary to appeal to a wider audience.

EDIT: I think I see the difference as to why Stoney thinks Dark Souls is boring and Bloodborne is great and I like Dark Souls more than Bloodborne. Dark Souls combat is slow and methodical, you learn your enemy and let them take the initiative and you react. You play very defensively, but Bloodborne is the opposite where you win battles by being hyper aggressive and overwhelming your enemy, you can even trade blows due to being able to gain some health back by hitting your enemy. Bloodborne rewards you for being aggressive and Dark Souls punishes you for it. Dark Souls battles are very tactful and drawn out, Bloodborne battles are very reactive and stamina lasts way longer and recovers much faster than in Dark Souls. The gratification in Dark Souls comes from finally beating your target after a difficult and often frustrating encounter, while gratification in Bloodborne is immediate and comes mostly from the fighting itself rather than the joy of winning. At least that's my take on it.

Builds do most certainly matter, armour too (poison, frenzy, bolt and fire specifically). And no, you can't got blow for blow (would love to see someone do that in the Nightmare Frontier or the Unseen Village with 40 insight), you have to play methodically, also, the feeling of beating a npc hunter is second to none. The Souls games combat looks terrible, that can't be denied, it may be more challenging due to that fact, but BB is fun and challenging and the world of Yarnham is gorgeous.

T'would be a 10/10 game if the load times weren't as long as they are and frame rate was consistent in some areas. I'm not even finished it, I've just beat Rom.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 4:17 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:

Casual
Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 5:16 pm

Stigma wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

Casual

Less frustration means less money spent on new controllers!
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2015 9:42 pm

The_Biotic_God wrote:

I would have enjoyed the Soul games more if they held my hand from start to finish, QTE boss fights, regenerated health, able to see all enemies on radar and re-spawn points 2 metres apart.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 12:19 pm

Stoney wrote:

Nice! I hope you're right. The gameplay I've seen so far really hasn't been my thing though. I mean I would probably like these kinds of games if they were more open and more forgiving. I can't stand Dark Souls or Lords of the Fallen because they're tediously hard and pretty damn linear. But were I to get a PS4 I think I'd be tempted to pick Bloodborne up.

(Also combat was WAAAY too slow on those two games and from the gameplay of BB it looks to be similarly slow so I'm still very reluctant to hype it up).
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 12:37 pm

Orc wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Nice! I hope you're right. The gameplay I've seen so far really hasn't been my thing though. I mean I would probably like these kinds of games if they were more open and more forgiving. I can't stand Dark Souls or Lords of the Fallen because they're tediously hard and pretty damn linear. But were I to get a PS4 I think I'd be tempted to pick Bloodborne up.

(Also combat was WAAAY too slow on those two games and from the gameplay of BB it looks to be similarly slow so I'm still very reluctant to hype it up).
You are not a true gamer
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 7:12 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
The_Biotic_God wrote:

I would have enjoyed the Soul games more if they held my hand from start to finish, QTE boss fights, regenerated health, able to see all enemies on radar and re-spawn points 2 metres apart.

I would have enjoyed them more if the PvP wasn't broke to shit.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 7:34 pm

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2015 8:16 pm

Haha data leaks.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 6:17 pm

Stoney wrote:
Stigma wrote:

Builds do most certainly matter, armour too (poison, frenzy, bolt and fire specifically). And no, you can't got blow for blow (would love to see someone do that in the Nightmare Frontier or the Unseen Village with 40 insight), you have to play methodically, also, the feeling of beating a npc hunter is second to none. The Souls games combat looks terrible, that can't be denied, it may be more challenging due to that fact, but BB is fun and challenging and the world of Yarnham is gorgeous.

T'would be a 10/10 game if the load times weren't as long as they are and frame rate was consistent in some areas. I'm not even finished it, I've just beat Rom.

You can't upgrade the armor like you could in dark souls so it matters less and less the further you get into the game. I've been going through the game rather slowly tbh. You can't go blow for blow with everything but you can with a lot of them. I just tanked The One Reborn with the +8 Tonitris (think I spelled it wrong, the electric mace). Just got under him and wailed on him until he died after killing the maidens.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 14, 2015 9:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:22 pm

snip

Last edited by Stigma on Fri May 22, 2015 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 6:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 8:40 pm

These guys are crazy good...

You should watch VaatiVidya Stoney, his channel is dedicated to Souls and Bloodborne games.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 22, 2015 8:53 pm

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2015 3:51 pm

Ok now that I've gotten past my initial gripes I have to say I love this game. I'm going through new game + right now with the Burial Blade +10 and Blades of Mercy +9. Guns are only for parrying so I only have the hunter pistol +6. I'm an arcane/skill build. Burial blade is a curved sword than can turn into a scythe and it's has amazing crowd control and range. Blades of mercy are duel daggers that are great close range and for single targets as it's the fastest weapon and can stunlock most enemies.

I just love the cosmic horror theme the game has. My biggest complaints are that it's shorter than Dark Souls, and that there's less depth to the leveling/upgrade system. I am hopeful for an expansion pack.

Also, Ebrieta's was a total bitch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played   Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bloodborne is one of the greatest games I've ever played
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next