Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating

Go down 
+5
Angelus
2Sugoi2Die
RamboOnRedBull
yonny616
Mecha
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should the Deadpool film be rated R?
 Yes
 No
View results
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Empty
PostSubject: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:45 am

Why does Deadpool need to be rated R so bad? I've read a lot of Deadpool comics, and most of the swearing are bleeped out and the sex happens off screen anyway. As for the violence, come on, it's cartoony. The Joker and Wolverine are just as violent, yet they seem to work well in PG-13 films. I don't know where this whole Deadpool HAS to be rated R is even coming from?

Last edited by Mecha on Sun Mar 29, 2015 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:26 pm

They'll probably do the same thing they did with The Wolverine by releasing the PG-13 cut in theaters and having an R rated, or an "unrated", cut for Blu-Ray.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:36 pm

@yonny616 I hope so. Because I really want Deadpool to do well, since rated R comic book movies don't do good at the box-office, with the exception of Kingsman. Deadpool is one of the very few comic book characters where he was already so popular even before appearing in cartoons, movies, and video games.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:52 pm

It should be.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 8:07 pm

Because the content of the movie doesn't warrant an R/adult rating. It might be different when it comes to home movie version if it contains uncut content which couldn't be shown in the theater release.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Ys: Celceta
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 9:05 pm

Don't think it matters too much for Deadpool.  He isn't RoboCop.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:00 am

The videos below prove that Deadpool can be done with a PG-13 rating.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 10:28 am

But the question is: Which one is truer to the comiczzz?
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:16 pm

@Teckno Almost every comic book movie are dumbed down anyway. Just like how you'll never see this in a Batman movie...

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating 1ojkny10

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Bm17110
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:38 pm

Mecha wrote:
@Teckno Almost every comic book movie are dumbed down anyway. Just like how you'll never see this in a Batman movie...

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating 1ojkny10

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Bm17110

Posting images from comic books you haven't read, I see.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:48 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I'm very aware the the whole thing was a joke. Razz
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 12:53 pm

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I'm very aware the the whole thing was a joke. Razz

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Youre_a_fucking_genius_I_dont_care-s615x461-139738-580
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 1:48 pm

You seriously haven't even read Death of the Family?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:00 pm

Angelus wrote:

Yes I have. Not all of it though, since I wanted to buy the physical copy with The Joker mask and stuff and read the rest of the pages from there. But Rambo beat me to it. Sad
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:06 pm

Mecha wrote:
Actually the first video has gore with the beheading so that would probably get it an R-rating, and the next one proves he works in TV-Y7. lol
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:07 pm

Mecha wrote:
Angelus wrote:

Yes I have. Not all of it though, since I wanted to buy the physical copy with The Joker mask and stuff and read the rest of the pages from there. But Rambo beat me to it. Sad

Yeah, he's already read loads of it off Google Images.

Apart from Batman i'm not really reading DC anymore, all the other stuff I've been reading has been cancelled or ended. R.I.P Wonder Woman.

Marvel were so good just before as well and now they've suddenly gone to shit, we went from THIS
Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Thor_God_of_Thunder_Vol_1_5_Textless

to THIS
Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Apugwjv
Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Kdompoz

Also Waypool the movie will be shit either way

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:09 pm

Zillah wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Angelus wrote:

Yeah, he's already read loads of it off Google Images.

Apart from Batman i'm not really reading DC anymore, all the other stuff I've been reading has been cancelled or ended. R.I.P Wonder Woman.

Marvel were so good just before as well and now they've suddenly gone to shit, we went from THIS
Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Thor_God_of_Thunder_Vol_1_5_Textless

to THIS
Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Apugwjv
Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating Kdompoz

Also Waypool the movie will be shit either way

Since I know you've probably read them. How good are New 52 Flash and Batman Eternal?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:14 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Mecha wrote:
Actually the first video has gore with the beheading so that would probably get it an R-rating, and the next one proves he works in TV-Y7. lol

The Wolverine extended edition was more violent than that video. The test footage can easily be edited to PG-13. Also if Deadpool can work in a TV-Y7 show, then I'm sure he can work in a PG-13 movie. Razz
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:17 pm

New 52 Flash is shit writing but good art, haven't read Eternal. Best of New 52 is still Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman and American Vampire.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 2:32 pm

Zillah wrote:
New 52 Flash is shit writing but good art, haven't read Eternal. Best of New 52 is still Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Wonder Woman and American Vampire.
Damn was hoping to read that next. Looks like I'm going to have to go in blind with Eternal.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:25 pm

Zillah wrote:

American Vampire's actually good?  That was next on my list, but the portrayal of Zatanna in Justice League Dark made me want to take a break.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 3:27 pm

Yeah, Marvel is run by SJWs now. Just look at this shit...

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating All-ne12

Like, WTF!? I swear, if they kill off Deadpool I'm officially done with Marvel.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Angelus wrote:
Zillah wrote:

American Vampire's actually good?  That was next on my list, but the portrayal of Zatanna in Justice League Dark made me want to take a break.
It's one of my favourite series, seriously give it a shot.

@Mecha they announced they were killing off Deadpool 6 months ago, why does it matter to you considering you don't even read the current Deadpool comics? Also Deadpool has nothing to do with sjw's, and on the bright side of that book you posted is that it's written by Waid so it could be something genuine rather than the usual MUHOPRESSION bait.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 29, 2015 7:33 pm

@Orion Yeah, but Deadpool would be me only reason to continue reading Deadpool comics, now that the SJWs took over the comic book industry. Yeah, I haven't been keeping up with the new Deadpool comics, because I'm into novels right now. But I'll get to it eventually.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 30, 2015 1:45 am

@Mecha No you won't, we all know that. The furthest you'll get is looking up pictures on Google images, you and me both know that. Sjw's haven't taken over the comic industry you fucking idiot, it's just Marvel and DC pandering to them with a few books because it's proved successful with sales, like any business would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating   Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Deadpool: PG-13 Rating vs. R rating
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next