Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash Empty
PostSubject: Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash   Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:32 am

Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash SzVt8c6

Quote :
In light of Quicksilver's appearance in X-Men: Days of Future Past last year, as well as the ongoing television series based on DC Comics' own Scarlet Speedster, The Flash, Marvel Studios' Kevin Feige and Avengers: Age of Ultron writer-director Joss Whedon set out to make their portrayal of Pietro Maximoff very distinctive. However, actor Aaron Taylor-Johnson says he initially struggled with how his character would look while running. Apparently, the filming process originally involved Taylor-Johnson sprinting on a treadmill in front of green screen, but “There was no real life to it,” he told BuzzFeed on-set last year. “It looked really dull,” he added, so the Marvel production decided to just film the running sequences outdoors. “The more dynamic or the messier my arms were or the wider my legs were, [and] the more I changed up the wave and the rhythm of the running, the better,” he said. “It feels more emotional and expressive. It’s a lot more fun that way.” 

About Quicksilver appearing in both Age of Ultron and X-Men: Days of Future Past, BuzzFeed also spoke with Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige: “It’s a unique scenario; That’s the only character where that could happen, and it happened,” he commented. Meanwhile, Joss Whedon reassured that he had always planned to introduce both Quicksilver and his sister, the Scarlet Witch in
The Avengers sequel. he had informed Marvel Studios shared his reaction to the “And then, you know, months after I started, they were like, [Days of Future Past] just changed Juggernaut to Quicksilver. I’m like, What?!” he explained. Though both Whedon and Feige praised Quicksilver's highlight sequence in Days of Future Past, they were quick to dismiss comparisons. “We knew it would be very different based on the various interpretations of the character through the comic,” Feige said. “It may as well be different characters.” “There’s going to be an entire season of The Flash that’s gone on before my movie too, and what Aaron is doing and what I wanted him to do is so different from what they were doing in that movie, that I think we’re fine,” Joss Whedon added. “I think there’s room for more than one Quicksilver. But yeah, I was never thrilled.”

In addition to debuting an exclusive Avengers: Age of Ultron featurette and still images (both of which you can check out here), BuzzFeed talked more with  Whedon about the much-anticipated movie's run-time, dream sequences, cameos and "super siblings" (here). What do you think?

Source: Comic Book Movie

Guess he's just upset that they've beat him to the punch.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash   Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:42 am

Despite not being upset about it, but okay.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash   Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 11:50 am

It was a joke.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash   Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 12:20 pm

He wasn't thrilled about there being a second Quicksilver, not The Flash.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash   Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:07 pm

Whedon's Quicksilver seems slower than DOFP Quicksilver. No wonder he wasn't thrilled about it. Razz
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash   Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:23 pm

Makes me wonder how the film version of The Flash will be handled. I love that Snyder will have control of The Flash and we'll probably see some of the best visuals for any of the speedsters.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash   Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 28, 2015 1:42 pm

Snyder's Flash will probably look better visually. Because as much as people love Marvel movies, their visual effects looks half-assed at times. Probably due to keeping the budget low as possible. Snyder and Warner Bros. on the other hand, put a little more effort into their visual effects than Marvel. Hopefully people will acknowledge that when Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice comes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash   Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Joss Whedon wasn't thrilled about DOFP Quicksilver and Flash
Page 1 of 1