Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" Empty
PostSubject: Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes"   Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 4:28 pm

Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" Miles-logo-main1-500x400

Quote :
It's hard to say where this "rumour" began. However, it appears as if a few comic book sites suggested that Michelle Rodriguez would be an interesting choice for Jessica Cruz/Power Ring instead of Hal Jordan or one of the other male Green Lanterns, and it's this which led to a few film blogs running with the story like it was an actual rumour rather than just speculation. Regardless, TMZ asked the actress about these reports recently, and she's not interested in being cast for the sake of it. "That's the dumbest thing I ever heard,. I think it's so stupid because of this whole minorities in Hollywood thing. It's so stupid. Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes. Make up your own. What's up with that?" She doesn't appear to be joking (and clearly isn't aware that the Green Lantern she's rumoured for isn't white to be fair), but her comments do seem to reflect those of a fans who would rather see more minority characters brought to the big screen instead of others being changed. What do you guys think? Share your thoughts below...

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes"   Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 6:18 pm

Fucking bigot!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes"   Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 28, 2015 9:14 pm

They really should start making more diverse characters out of scratch rather than taking away from the existing list.

For one, an established superhero changing ethnicity/race/orientation will never jive with the fanbase and it's popularity won't be able to increase to have any meaningful positive impact on making things more diverse.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes"   Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2015 4:53 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes"   Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Michelle Rodriguez: "Stop stealing all the white people's superheroes"
Page 1 of 1