Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Warner Bros. owns the rights to Spawn?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Warner Bros. owns the rights to Spawn? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Warner Bros. owns the rights to Spawn? Empty
PostSubject: Warner Bros. owns the rights to Spawn?   Warner Bros. owns the rights to Spawn? I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 20, 2015 9:02 am

Warner Bros. owns the rights to Spawn? Spawn-wallpaper-610x343

Quote :
Spawn creator Todd McFarlane has said NetherRealm Studios has access to the character for use in Mortal Kombat games, per a deal with Warner Bros. Interactive.

Speaking in an interview with GamerFitNation (per Polygon), McFarlane said the developers have a “window of time” to use Spawn, so technically, he could appear in Mortal Kombat X if NeatherRealm wants him.

“They have access to be able to use the character in a couple of their games, if they want to,” said McFarlane. “Again, it’s up to their discretion. I gave them a window of time, so I’ll just leave it to them to do what it is that they want.

“Eventually, they’ll phone me and they’ll go, ‘Hey, we want to use him here. Is that OK?’ Well, technically, it’s OK because we’ve already said yes. They just are letting us know. I don’t know if they’re ever going to use him.”

Mortal Kombat X releases on April 14 on PC, PlayStation 3, PS4, Xbox 360 and Xbox One.

A new character reveal is set for this month, and there’s a rumor going around that Predator could be included as DLC.

Source: VG247
Back to top Go down

Warner Bros. owns the rights to Spawn?
Page 1 of 1