Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed! Empty
PostSubject: The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed!   The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed! I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 01, 2015 7:30 am

Quote :
What do Vandal Savage, Ra's Al Ghul and the Joker have in common? A lot more than past DC Comics history would have you believe.   According to Batman #38, Vandal Savage acquired his immortality from the radiation of a mysterious meteorite that fell to Earth in the prehistoric era.  Ra's Al Ghul apparently bathes in a "corrupted version" of the chemical/radiation.  And the Joker, as told in Snyder's Batman #38 also encountered the meteorite before Gotham was ever born.  That's right, the Joker is immortal.  It's a clever retcon to explain how the Joker bounces back time after time from all the punishment Batman dishes out. As explained in Batman #38, the chemical only activates in the Joker at moments of extreme physical injury, otherwise the chemical is undetectable.

The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed! 3kcqcn10

The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed! Lxi2ja10

The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed! Atwcwz10

Quote :
And this origin for the Joker goes all the way back to "Death of the Family" according to Snyder. Speaking to IGN, he stated, "For me, I wanted to make something that felt real and was believable, while at the same time was mythologically big and epic, the way the story is, so that it is material that might have been here and might have done this to Vandal Savage and might be the basis for the Lazarus Pit, or Electrum -- which is what keeps the Owls coming back from the dead, the Talons. It might have something to do with other figures as well, for Solomon Grundy... I wanted to create something that links all that. So the Joker says, "I knew this. I knew this part of it. I'm older than Gotham. I'm the Pale Man that walks these shores, and I've seen all of it. I'm the immortal person here. You are nothing. I let you believe it for a little while because I wanted you to come with me and become something important, but you had your chance in Death of the Family, and you threw me off a goddamn cliff. So... you're done."
What do you think of Joker's new origin? Do you think it will last? Or will someone come along after Snyder and retcon his work? Sound of below in the comment section!

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down

The Joker is immortal! New origin revealed!
Page 1 of 1