Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" Empty
PostSubject: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2015 8:08 pm

Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" Tumblr_mzzl77hTr01r5pe9fo1_500

Quote :
Paul Thomas Anderson has made a lot of brilliant, financially successful movies but he's not exactly what you'd call a studio tentpole go-to-guy. He tends to focus his attention on smaller, quirkier projects like Boogie Nights, The Master, Magnolia and his latest, the Oscar nominated Inherent Vice, so it might come as a surprise that he's revealed himself to be a champion of the comic book/superhero genre. Some people dismiss these movies as little more than noisy junk with nothing to say, and wish Hollywood would give us its obsession with churning them out year-after-year. When Rolling Stone asked Anderson how he felt about "the state of movies today", and what he thought about the complaint that American filmmaking is now nothing but superhero movies , here's how he responded.

Quote :
"Ah, that's such a [frick]ing crock of shit. I can't remember a year in recent memory where there were less complaints about the quality of movies. And what's wrong with superhero movies, you know? I don't know. You're talking to someone that enjoys watching those films. People need to get a life if they're having that discussion [laughs]. Those movies get a bad rap."

I think it's safe to say Anderson has gained himself a few fans here at CBM! What so you guys think of his comments, and the entire "too many superhero movies" debate in general? Sound off below.

Source: Comic Book Movie
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:25 am

He said that some people enjoy those movies, so there's no point in giving them a bad rep, Mecha. That's the point he was coming across with. 

Besides, he's ignoring obvious flaws about the tentpoles that even Scorsese, Woody Allen and Spielberg have argued against. Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:38 am

@RamboOnRedBull But you give comic book movies a bad rep all the time though.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 2:44 am

Mecha wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull But you give comic book movies a bad rep all the time though.

I also gave DOFP an 8/10, along with calling The Dark Knight and Kick-ass for great movies. Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" 3202469658
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 8:27 am

How can you not love Guardians of The Galaxy, I was practically fisting my self watching it.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:21 am

Orion wrote:
How can you not love Guardians of The Galaxy, I was practically fisting my self watching it.

I love you, bro.

8==D
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 10:32 am

@Orion Star Wars > Guardians of the Galaxy
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:08 am

Mecha wrote:
@Orion Star Wars > Guardians of the Galaxy

War Guardians of the StarGalaxy > Everthing.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2015 11:28 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"   Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo" I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul Thomas Anderson: "Get a life, Rambo"
Page 1 of 1