Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Ant-Man - Official Trailer

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:42 pm

@RamboOnRedBull The writing is what makes it uniquesure. The writing is what also makes it more than a superhero film with elements of other genres. That's what I mean. There's generic shit in a lot of great films from different genres. Superhero films aren't the only one who will have the basic tropes of its main genre.

@Angelus Why would you pour water color on a superhero film?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:44 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Well there never was a Mandarin in the movie. The real Mandarin is still out there somewhere though. Probably being saved for Iron Man 4 or something. Instead we get a very cliche villain that barley even appeared the comics at all.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:45 pm

@RamboOnRedBull So you want a film to reveal its big twist in the trailer?
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:46 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull The writing is what makes it uniquesure. The writing is what also makes it more than a superhero film with elements of other genres. That's what I mean. There's generic shit in a lot of great films from different genres. Superhero films aren't the only one who will have the basic tropes of its main genre.

@Angelus Why would you pour water color on a superhero film?

The genre doesn't make it less of a generic superhero movie in any way. It's all about the writing. Which was the only thing I was talking about.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:54 pm

@RamboOnRedBull Yes, and some of these superhero film are being written as more than just a superhero movie. Other elements from other genres are being written into superhero films. You can't literally sit there can call something like The Dark Knight a "generic superhero films".
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:55 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull So you want a film to reveal its big twist in the trailer?

It's a stupid twist that's already been done to death in Batman Begins, Fast & Furious 4, Star Trek Into Darkness, and likely Spectre. There was nothing original about it.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 6:59 pm

@Mecha I never called it original, smart, or anything. It's the films big twist. When a film has a big twist they usually keep it secret until you see the film. It'd be stupid to reveal your big twist in a trailer.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:00 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull Yes, and some of these superhero film are being written as more than just a superhero movie. Other elements from other genres are being written into superhero films. You can't literally sit there can call something like The Dark Knight a "generic superhero films".

What are you even talking about? Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 1443829230 

What makes TDK unique is the clever writing, and not that it's a crime film. I don't even know what-the-fuck The Dark Knight has to do with anything. Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 3202469658 

If they're written as more than superhero movies, that's fine. But it's the writing that adds the unique quality and not which genre it's worked in.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:14 pm

@RamboOnRedBull I'm talking about superhero films being more than superhero film because they aren't being written as just superhero films. What are you talking about?

Yes, clever writing. Clever writing that mixed elements from genres such as crime thrillers into the script.

Yes, I know that.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 7:18 pm

I think that's why the Spider-Man movies are getting stale. It's the only movie franchise where it's still using the typical superhero formula so far, rather than mixing it with other genres. Then again, Spider-Man does have a bit of the drama romance genre.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2015 9:35 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@RamboOnRedBull I'm talking about superhero films being more than superhero film because they aren't being written as just superhero films. What are you talking about?

Yes, clever writing. Clever writing that mixed elements from genres such as crime thrillers into the script.

Yes, I know that.

I wasn't even talking about that, lol. All I said was that the trailer to Ant-Man looked generic, regardless of it being a heist film or not. I'm just saying that genre doesn't define if something is generic or isn't, as it's all about the way it's written.

The fact that it was mixed with crime thrillers was not what made it as unique as it is, though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 26, 2015 9:34 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ant-Man - Official Trailer   Ant-Man - Official Trailer - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ant-Man - Official Trailer
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2