Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Vita Games That Should Have Been

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Vita Games That Should Have Been Empty
PostSubject: Vita Games That Should Have Been   Vita Games That Should Have Been I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 6:47 pm

Monster Hunter Freedom
Monster Hunter's success on PSP was monumental. To this day Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is the best-selling PSP game of all time. So forgive me for proposing a chicken & egg discussion, but could it be that Monster Hunter sold PSP's, or PSP's sold Monster Hunter? Does it even matter? It's just very clear that when, this late down the line, Sony's handheld is still sitting beneath 10 million sales, something has gone horribly wrong. And when Monster Hunter games are coming exclusively to a Nintendo console, things are even more horrible than they appear. I don't know what reasoning (or excuses) Capcom or Sony have, but there's no excuse I can think of for not having a title of this caliber on the handheld by now. Seriously, not even one Monster Hunter game?
Vita Games That Should Have Been W98mzAA

Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker HD
What is widely believed to be the best (and most complete) handheld game ever made, formerly known as Metal Gear Solid 5, Peace Walker is a groundbreaking title that landed on Vita's predecessor, PSP. It was later ported to PS3 & 360 along with MGS 2: Sons of Liberty and MGS 3: Snake Eater. Yet when the Vita got a port of this collection, it seemed less than complete as a remake of Peace Walker was nowhere to be found. Frankly a remake wouldn't even be necessary, just a port with a native resolution, a stable framerate and dual analog support would be very welcome. silent
Vita Games That Should Have Been M3BnHuV

God of War Origins Collection HD
You'd just think this would be a no brainer. Once again, Vita received ports of the remakes of the first two games, yet never got re-iterations of Chains of Olympus or Ghost of Sparta, which, like the aforementioned game, were released on PSP. Yet it was only PS3 that got the Origins collection (Chains of Olympus and Ghost of Sparta)! Does this make any sense to any of you?
Again, all that it would need is a boost in resolution and possibly framerate, then boom, you have two very high quality Vita titles!  Very Happy
Vita Games That Should Have Been YGOasLA

Final Fantasy Type 0
Oh, the horror. When Square Enix announced the news that the Japan-only Final Fantasy Type 0 is coming to the West Xbox One & PS4, but not the Ps Vita, you could almost hear the sound of 8 million vita owners' jaws hitting the floor. After years of incredibly popular demand from western audiences to get it localized on PSP (and then Vita more recently) you would expect them to at least do the bare minimum of porting the PSP version to Vita, with the English voice acting, or at VERY least subtitles. But no. Nothing. It also probably didn't help that someone from Sony tweeted that it would be coming to Vita. So when that news turned out to be an error, butts were severely hurt. Vita Games That Should Have Been 3375693907 And I honestly can't blame those butts. This was a massive fuck-up.  Vita Games That Should Have Been 2590470549
Vita Games That Should Have Been 493TC87
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Vita Games That Should Have Been ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Vita Games That Should Have Been   Vita Games That Should Have Been I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 7:06 pm

The reason for Monster Hunter going to Nintendo in the first place is pretty stupid. Capcom promised SONY a PS3 MH game and just made the PS2 game available on it instead, then asked SONY to upgrade Ad Hoc Party. SONY was understandably pissed and didn't want to, so they asked Capcom to at least add trophies. At this point it may even be worthwhile for SONY to pull a Micro$oft and pay Capcom to make a game for Vita and PS4, but I doubt they trust them enough.

Is the PSP version of Peace Walker even downloadable on Vita?

Don't care too much about playing GoW on Vita, would be too hard to push buttons fast enough.

The Vita's so welcoming to barely-localized games it's ridiculous. All they have to do is change the text to English, and get a few signatures from Voice Actors and Musicians before they can sell it on the vita. SquEnix is just trying to expand the market for Final Fantasy outside of its traditional fanbase.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Vita Games That Should Have Been StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Vita Games That Should Have Been   Vita Games That Should Have Been I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 7:36 pm

Angelus wrote:
The reason for Monster Hunter going to Nintendo in the first place is pretty stupid.  Capcom promised SONY a PS3 MH game and just made the PS2 game available on it instead, then asked SONY to upgrade Ad Hoc Party.  SONY was understandably pissed and didn't want to, so they asked Capcom to at least add trophies.  At this point it may even be worthwhile for SONY to pull a Micro$oft and pay Capcom to make a game for Vita and PS4, but I doubt they trust them enough.  

Is the PSP version of Peace Walker even downloadable on Vita?  

Don't care too much about playing GoW on Vita, would be too hard to push buttons fast enough.

The Vita's so welcoming to barely-localized games it's ridiculous.  All they have to do is change the text to English, and get a few signatures from Voice Actors and Musicians before they can sell it on the vita.  SquEnix is just trying to expand the market for Final Fantasy outside of its traditional fanbase.

Capcom just ported Monster Hunter Portable 3rd to PS3 and slap the HD sticker on it. Capcom also released Monster Hunter Frontier on PS3, Vita, 360 and Wii but these games requires a japanese IP address and subscriptions.

It is a good move for Nintendo making online Monster Hunter Tri, 3 Ultimate and upcoming 4 Ultimate online available since Monster Hunter is so damn niche outside Japan.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Vita Games That Should Have Been   Vita Games That Should Have Been I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 04, 2015 8:22 pm

Oh so it was the PSP version they ported to PS3?
Kinda gay.

I do wish they would pay for a new MH game, it's not hard to specify "NO REMAKE".

Yeah you can play the PSP version of Peace Walker on Vita, I actually beat it on Vita. It's definitely more playable with the second analog stick (although of course it still has digital input rather than full analogue sensitivity adjustments) but the resolution does spoil it a bit, plus I'd like to see the framerate actually at 30fps lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Vita Games That Should Have Been   Vita Games That Should Have Been I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Vita Games That Should Have Been
Page 1 of 1