Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream Empty
PostSubject: Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream   Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 8:14 pm

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream Kpbpv7psneawknzonaae

Quote :
On Christmas day, diehard Metal Gear Solid fans faithfully tuned into a broadcast called Kojima Station. The hope was that Kojima would give fans a neat look behind-the-scenes on Metal Gear Solid V. Maybe he'd even give people a release date. Who knows!

So fans watched this stream for almost three hours. Kojima opened presents and talked about movies. Then, it was time for an announcement. And what Kojima revealed was unexpected, but not in the way hardcore fans had hoped.

Around the 2:44:00 mark of the stream, Kojima pulls out a picture of...a chicken hat:

Why would Snake wear a chicken hat in Metal Gear Solid? Well, why not? The series can be pretty goofy sometimes. The hat does have a purpose, though. According to our pals at Kotaku East, if you die too many times in the upcoming Metal Gear Solid, or if you get caught tons, the game will ask you "would you like to use a chicken cap? Yes or no?"

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream Fwsbozfolulfujn0etql

If you say yes, you'll start wearing the chicken hat—and enemies will react to you slower. They won't notice you as fast as they normally do while you wear the chicken hat, which means that, while the game is calling you a chicken for wearing the hat, it's also helping you get through tough sections. Think of it like the Golden Tanooki suit in Mario games, something that you only get after dying a few times. When you wear it, you gain invincibility—the hope is that it'll ease players into the game a little better. Same deal with this. 7

Amusingly, the chicken hat can do special things, like glow in the dark (enemies can't see this, of course). It's the sort of thing that would make one tempted to say yes, just to add some hijinks to the game, but if you do wear the chicken hat, you're kind of stuck with it. Snake will be wearing a chicken hat even during serious cutscenes.

You know what? The chicken hat is an amazing feature, thanks to how silly it is. But would I have watched a stream for almost three hours on Christmas day for this announcement? Hell no. That's time I could be using to open presents and drink eggnog and such. I don't think I'd watch a stream for that long on any day, really, for that kind of an announcement. Fans that tuned in seem to feel the same way, judging from the reaction to the stream:

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream Xonpmgodatzxhoh4ibjm

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream P8jsrfoqfhxfjx08f8lo

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream Gbpsgymvncdwh5uujmf1

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream Snunhoi4ecop8jbqwj7s

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream Ezmyjzssxnp19qn2v8kj

To be fair, Kojima never hyped this stream, and Christmas isn't a national holiday in Japan. Fans just hoped he would give them something cool for Christmas, which technically he did. It's just not what people wanted. Still: Kojima, you loveable troll, you. How could you!

Source: Kotaku

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream   Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 27, 2014 8:28 pm

Why would anyone expect anything else from Kojima?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream   Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 28, 2014 1:46 am

Kojima is a bigger troll than Orion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream   Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hideo Kojima trolls everyone on Christmas Day Livestream
Page 1 of 1