Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! Empty
PostSubject: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:10 pm

http://yugioh20th.com/

I was a huge fan of Yu-Gi-Oh. I still think the original series was the best in franchise. The film is supposedly going to be called "Yu-Gi-Oh King"

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! Yugioh-movie
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:26 pm

It's funny how the first season (or series?) of Yu-Gi-Oh never came to the US. Most people were first introduced to Yu-Gi-Oh by watching the second season. New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! 725796345
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:47 pm

@Mecha The first season is on Netflix.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 1:52 pm

loved the show and cards when i was younger
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:06 pm

yonny616 wrote:
@Mecha The first season is on Netflix.

Does it have the English dub?
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:11 pm

I don't know. Haven't seen it.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 2:50 pm

@yonn616 Well if it does have an English dub, then it's not the first season / series. This is the first season / series of Yu-Gi-Oh!...

Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:18 am

Yugi and Kaiba are back, fuck yes!!! He's not wearing the millennum puzzle though, odd. It's been years since I've watched the original Duel Monsters series or played the card game, but I can't wait for this. Sure, the 4kids English Dub was heavily edited and bad, with having them change the names of some of the characters to appeal more to western audiences, but it did have some awesome voices for the characters.

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-D-DUEL!  :comeatme:

Mecha wrote:
@yonn616 Well if it does have an English dub, then it's not the first season / series. This is the first season / series of Yu-Gi-Oh!...

No, the original first season of Yu-Gi-Oh (or yugioh season 0 to some people) is not on Netflix. It's just that the 4kids dubbed first season of Yu-Gi-Oh: Duel Monsters, which was titled just simply Yu-Gi-Oh by 4Kids in the west, is on Netflix. The original season was more of a slice of life-esque comedy anime, and showed the lives of the characters, who also happened to play the Duel Monsters game in their spare time. Season 0 never came out in the west, probably because it's inappropriate for children and mature in content. (Though in context, YGO Duel Monsters was never a show for young children. It was mainly aimed at the Teenage demographics in Japan. 4Kids just edited it down to make it for young children and have it appeal to more audiences.) This is weird, because if you watch the some of the episodes of YGO: DM, you will notice some references made to season 0, which influenced some relationships and options made by the characters. Season 0 also explains and shows how Yugi Muto gained the millennium puzzle, and became the card-playing badass that is Yami Yugi.

I've only seen a few episodes of Season 0, but I probably will go back and watch the entire series at some point.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:33 am

Is it worth watching the Japanese version? The English dub is just a novel kids' show, so I don't think I could really get into it.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 1:45 am

Angelus wrote:
Is it worth watching the Japanese version?  The English dub is just a novel kids' show, so I don't think I could really get into it.

I doubt it. More people seem to like the English version more. Though tbh, I can't even find the Japanese version anywhere on the internet for legal streaming. It's only the 4Kids English dub available.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 16, 2014 8:19 am

@Archduke Yeah, I kinda figured that the first season (or series) of Yu-Gi-Oh! has never been released in North America. I remember when Yu-Gi-Oh! first came out here, I watched it and I'm like, "Did I miss something?". Because the characters and relationships seem to be already established. It's kinda like how FUNimation first introduced us to Dragon Ball Z before Dragon Ball. Except I was already aware of Dragon Ball at that time, so I wasn't confused. Where as the first season (or series) Yu-Gi-Oh!, I didn't find out about it until later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!   New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Yu-Gi-Oh Movie Coming!
Page 1 of 1