Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred Empty
PostSubject: Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred   Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 8:41 am

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred WqZjnXS

As someone who has been fans of long running series of game franchises such as Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Drakengard and Monster Hunter. It is always great to express my enthusiasm about them, especially with those who share the same enthusiasm. Unfortunately, this short of enthusiasm which some might call it as "gamer cred" which is argue as a misogynist mentality that men use to red tape women out of the so called "boys club".

What is wrong with having knowledge about the games you like and the gaming industry itself? Is it wrong to talk to others who share the same enthusiasm as you do? I really see no problem nor how it is misogynist in any shape or form.

If you're going to talk about how much you like X game then you better damn well have some knowledge about it. Too many times I've heard and read "I'm such a huge The Legend of Zelda fan!" but know next to nothing about it. However it seems to be that knowing jack all about a game someone claim to be a huge fan of is a lot more acceptable than a bunch of people who knows a lot more (boys club) and get called misogynist and sexist bigots. It makes sense for one who knows nothing to enter discussion about X game and ask about what game to start off with because of interest but you rarely see that anymore with long running franchises.

From what I can tell what feminist and SJW want are discussions about everyone not knowing jack all and spout out epic maymays from recent game pooped out by AAA developer and talk about how Anita is the best thing that ever happen to gaming industry.

I'll tell you now, this isn't the worst thing to happen. It's hard to talk about any game with an anime style but that is a rant for another time.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred   Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 9:37 am

I get you man, but you can't really say it's just women, in my personal experiences dudes are way worse at pulling shit like this, because of this I've broken up with a lot of my boyfriends.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred   Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:10 pm

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
I'll tell you now, this isn't the worst thing to happen. It's hard to talk about any game with an anime style but that is a rant for another time.

I'm pretty interested in hearing what you have to say about that, I'm always walking on eggshells around my gf and her SJW friends, but I'm also curious to know what caused you to want to rant about this?

I kinda have to agree with Orion that guys pull it off a lot too, but they can actually be told to gtfo and called out on their lack of knowledge or experience. The only real difference with girls is probably just that there's a whole movement supporting them, trying to enforce their place in the gaming community, and exclusive groups and interactions are just more proof that women are excluded from geek culture (which is a much more complicated thing than they seem to think anyways).
Back to top Go down
Last Order
Mk. III Ver. 3.0.27
Last Order

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred QjD1It7
Stature : 72
G7gaming
Playing : Chess

PostSubject: Re: Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred   Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 5:10 pm

The member 'Angelus' has done the following action : Turn the Wheel of Fate

'Shigdig' :
Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred Anime-gifs-5
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u648
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred   Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:11 pm

Angelus wrote:
2Sugoi2Die wrote:

I'm pretty interested in hearing what you have to say about that, I'm always walking on eggshells around my gf and her SJW friends, but I'm also curious to know what caused you to want to rant about this?

I kinda have to agree with Orion that guys pull it off a lot too, but they can actually be told to gtfo and called out on their lack of knowledge or experience.  The only real difference with girls is probably just that there's a whole movement supporting them, trying to enforce their place in the gaming community, and exclusive groups and interactions are just more proof that women are excluded from geek culture (which is a much more complicated thing than they seem to think anyways).  

Problem with enforcing their place is that they never really learn the ins and outs of a community. It may seem like some sort of a ridiculous requirement but it pays off in the long run.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred   Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 6:59 pm

ehh it's just another case of feminazis being able to find sexism in everything.

The fact is, every bit of nerdy culture is being effectively infiltrated by chicks just looking for attention with evidently little interest in the games they play. There's one thing for them to just beginning to get into gaming or comic books or whatever, and usually geeky guys are supportive with trying to get you into this stuff, trying to give suggestions and whatever. Christina Hoff Sommers found this to be the case, as she pointed out in her Are Video Games Sexist video.

But EVEN THEN, what is the problem with gaming even being a boys club? It IS a boys club. And we should be proud of that. It wasn't women that made the games industry the way it is today. It has been men since the beginning who put their money where their mouth is, got the gaming industry onto its feet and helped it become the great multi-billion industry that it is today!
Even today, there might be bogus statistics suggesting 40% of gamers are female, but we all know that the number is closer to 5% (at least when it comes to dedicated/hardcore gamers- guesstimate based off readership of any UK video gaming magazine, which suggest 95%-99% readers are male).

And yeah we don't keep a shut door, there are plenty of games that can draw women in like The Sims and more casual oriented games which most female gamers tend to gravitate to, and even the Call of Duty games have become inclusive for those few females out there who want to play.

But I'll be damned if I'm to be treated like a second class citizen in this community. Men made this industry and this community. That's just a goddamn fact. Women never gave two shits about it till now (supposedly). Women have no right to tell our developers what gender to make the characters. They have no right to tell us we have no right to want to discuss with fellow hardcore gamers rather than posers. They can play the games if they want to. And they can discuss the games if they want to. But if they don't know their shit, they'll be put in their place like any man in the same boat would be. But of course, there aren't repercussions when we put men down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred   Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enthusiast =/= Gamer cred
Page 1 of 1