Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Gaben dun Goof'd

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Gaben dun Goof'd ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Gaben dun Goof'd Empty
PostSubject: Gaben dun Goof'd   Gaben dun Goof'd I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:40 pm

Quote :
The virtual "Holiday Auction" Steam first announced yesterday evening seemed like a cute idea at the time. For a limited time, users would be able to trade in unused or unwanted Steam Inventory items for "gems," which could in turn, starting Monday, be used to bid against others on codes for 2,000 Steam games, 200,000 copies in all.

In practice, things didn't go quite as planned. Shortly after the event launched, users of the Steam subreddit started discussing the appearance of possible duplication exploits, letting users create gems out of thin air. Soon, accounts showing billions of presumably ill-gotten gems started appearing, and the secondhand market for selling gems in exchange for real money saw prices quickly deflated to ridiculously low levels.

Once the anarchy became apparent, Valve shut down the auction Thursday night, seemingly removing the gems from everyone's inventory and posting the following apology on the Holiday Auction FAQ: "Sorry, but there have been some issues with Gems and the Steam Holiday Auction has been temporarily closed. The elves are working frantically to get the issues sorted out, and the auction will start again as soon as they're done."
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2014/12/steams-first-holiday-auction-halted-after-dupe-bug-ruins-market/

Gaben dun Goof'd Yeti_auction_english

Gaben dun Goof'd 3202469658 Looks like it was a complete disaster.  Not really sure what they were expecting though, but I guess I should be used to this kind of stuff from Valve and Steam.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Gaben dun Goof'd R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Gaben dun Goof'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaben dun Goof'd   Gaben dun Goof'd I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:52 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Gaben dun Goof'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaben dun Goof'd   Gaben dun Goof'd I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 4:00 pm

Poor Gaben.

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Gaben dun Goof'd ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

Gaben dun Goof'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaben dun Goof'd   Gaben dun Goof'd I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 4:05 pm

Lol, Valve doesn't seem to care too much about producing games, since they created an infinite, self-sustaining cashcow within Steam. They're actually worse than Square Enix with releases.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

Gaben dun Goof'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaben dun Goof'd   Gaben dun Goof'd I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 4:06 pm

The PC elitist/fanboys that kiss Valve's and Steam's ass are the scum of the gaming industry. So annoying.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

Gaben dun Goof'd Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gaben dun Goof'd   Gaben dun Goof'd I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gaben dun Goof'd
Page 1 of 1