Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita Empty
PostSubject: The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita   The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:29 pm

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2014/12/12/bringing-the-banner-saga-to-ps-vita-and-ps4/

PS Blog wrote:
Being able to bring The Banner Saga to Vita is especially exciting since the fans have been asking for it for a long time, and it’s a natural fit for the game as well as Vita. The Banner Saga is often described as like reading a good book, because players often get engaged in the story and have a hard time putting it down.
Vita will allow players to continue their journey when they leave their homes. Stoic initially designed the UI and the gameplay with the idea of mobile devices in mind, and the Vita is no exception as the gameplay, UI, and design all work extremely well on the platform. The idea of holding The Banner Saga in your hands and utilizing both the Vita’s controls and its touch surfaces while being able to move about freely in the real world is something we’re really keen on developing and seeing in action in 2015.

Another thing that’s exciting for us is to bring that old-school style of gaming back to the modern age. We’re big fans of games such as Fire Emblem and Final Fantasy Tactics, and The Banner Saga was heavily influenced by how those games operated. We wouldn’t be here without those great games that really proved handheld tactics games had an audience and a right to be there.
We really love the idea of being handheld and paying homage to those classic, turn-based tactic games of the past in addition to hopefully giving gamers a new take on the genre with our own game. The award-winning art combined with the excellent story of The Banner Saga creates a wonderful world that we have seen capture people’s hearts and we hope to continue that on PS4 and PS Vita in 2015.

Wikipedia wrote:
The Banner Saga is a Viking-themed tactical role-playing video game by Stoic, a trio of indie game developers formerly of BioWare. It was released as a single player campaign, The Banner Saga – the first game of a projected trilogy – on 14 January 2014, as well as a separate free-to-play online multiplayer game, The Banner Saga: Factions, in February 2013.

Looks pretty fun, SRPGs normally work well on Vita, hopefully this won't be just another one of those cellphone games they think it's fair to cell at full price though.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita   The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 7:56 pm

I'm going to start buying a crap load of indie games now.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita   The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 8:04 pm

Mecha wrote:

Watch out for Lykos, he's gonna start calling you a baby. Not sure
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita   The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 12, 2014 9:14 pm

Angelus wrote:
Mecha wrote:

Watch out for Lykos, he's gonna start calling you a baby. Not sure

He's just jelly that the QUAD has games.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita   The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 13, 2014 3:45 pm

Looks pretty awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita   The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Banner Saga coming to PS4 and PS Vita
Page 1 of 1