Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Ferguson thought's?

Go down 
+7
yonny616
Stigma
Archduke
Gutzahn
Angelus
Bluenose
Orion
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Ferguson thought's?   TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Ferguson thought's?   Empty
PostSubject: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 11:32 am

What are your thoughts? I got into an argument with a girl over it today. Michael Brown was a violent thug that assaulted and robbed a poor man and then tried to flee by murdering the police officer that witnessed it, and then the criminal degenerate got put down like he deserved

Last edited by Orion on Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 11:40 am

And you are a fucking idiot.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Ferguson thought's?   ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:27 pm

Lol, no one really deserves to be put down.  But considering Michael Brown was 6'5" and weighed like 300lbs, I can understand the officer fearing for his life.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 12:29 pm

Why am I an idiot Teckno?
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:12 pm

While I don't like the way you described it, I generaly agree that the police isn't to blame if the information that the robber attacked is ture. So the riot is in no way justified and stupid.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2014 2:21 pm

No matter what, that cop is a murderer and will always be remembered for being one. Darren Wilson is no hero. He should be in prison. Michael Brown was no saint or innocent person, but he didn't deserve to die.

That being said, no excuse for the idiotic thugs and animals of Ferguson, Missouri to riot and destroy their own town. Fucking morons.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 8:30 am

The most ironic thing is that the people protesting in Ferguson are generally the ones who have voted for more government and a bigger police state all because the person they voted for happened to be black.

Solution is simple. Decriminalize drugs, it's probably the biggest cause of police brutality against minorities.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 10:09 am

Gutzahn wrote:
While I don't like the way you described it, I generaly agree that the police isn't to blame if the information that the robber attacked is ture. So the riot is in no way justified and stupid.
Well all the witnesses say he was shot as he was trying to surrender and from like 150 feet away. But they're black so their testimony's don't count.

Toxicmaniac wrote:
The most ironic thing is that the people protesting in Ferguson are generally the ones who have voted for more government and a bigger police state all because the person they voted for happened to be black.

Solution is simple. Decriminalize drugs, it's probably the biggest cause of police brutality against minorities.

Or require cops to have cameras on them and on at all times. Not just a dashcam but a body cam. I've seen some wear a harness than carries a small camera on their chest. It would help the cops too as it would make prosecuting real criminals faster and easier.

Last edited by Stigma on Sun Nov 30, 2014 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 11:38 am

http://www.vox.com/2014/11/25/7281165/darren-wilsons-story-side

This case should have went to trial. There is a systematic discrimination in the U.S. justice system of people of color.

@Toxic

Republicans are usually the ones who advocate for larger military and stronger police forces. Only their Libertarian branch dislikes it.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 12:19 pm

Yeah lets all just jump the shark straight to racism, not like the criminal thug was caught on camera robbing a store and several witnesses and forensic evidence corroborate with Wilson's story, or anything like that, must be racism.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:13 pm

I definitely agree with the body cameras too, benefits police and civilians.

Democrats and Republicans are pretty much branches from the same pro government tree. They essentially are just one Pro government party with slight disagreements such as abortion and gay marriage.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 3:28 pm

It's still important not to take things too far.  My parents, and I lot of their friends are teachers, and at the moment they have zero power to discipline students.  One person I know tapped an aboriginal student's shoulder, and got suspended for three weeks so they could perform an investigation.  The only thing teachers can do to discipline a child is send him or her to the principle (not that they have any more power) or threaten to tell their parents.  If the police force ever got that weak, we may as well just not have one
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Toxicmaniac wrote:
I definitely agree with the body cameras too, benefits police and civilians.

Democrats and Republicans are pretty much branches from the same pro government tree. They essentially are just one Pro government party with slight disagreements such as abortion and gay marriage.
pretty much same here with Labour and the Conservatives in the UK. Also I agree with the bodycams, maybe make your police not so trigger happy
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 2:29 am

I got this email from the white house.

Quote :
Following Michael Brown's tragic death, millions of people across the nation and around the world have focused their attention on unfolding events in Ferguson, both grieving together and making their voices heard.

In recent days, many have been captivated by ongoing developments, anguished emotions, peaceful protests -- and, too often, deeply unfortunate images of unnecessary destruction. And this tragic incident has sparked a necessary, national conversation about the need to ensure trust and build strong relationships between law enforcement officials and the communities they serve.

Events in Ferguson have revealed a deep distrust between a community and its police force. But this reality is not limited to one location. Other communities around this country know this struggle all too well. And it's abundantly clear that every single one of us has a role to play in tackling this problem together, as a nation -- to identify those things that bind us, and to be honest with one another about the things that continue to divide us.

In August, President Obama ordered a review of federal funding and programs that provide equipment to state and local law enforcement agencies. Yesterday, the Administration released that review's findings -- and announced key next steps to strengthen the trust in and effectiveness of the policing of our communities.

Learn more about yesterday's announcements, and the findings of the Administration's review.

Here are the next steps we're taking:

Creating a new task force to promote the expansion of 21st century community-oriented policing.
   Reforming how the federal government equips local law enforcement, particularly with military-style equipment.
   Advancing the use of body-worn cameras and promoting proven community policing initiatives.

I know this has been a difficult time for people in Ferguson, and for many others across the country. It will take time for things to get better. But as I assured Ferguson residents during my visit there, in August, the Obama administration is firmly committed to making the progress we need -- and that all of our citizens deserve.

The changes that the President announced yesterday are exactly the sorts of programmatic steps that will bring the right people together to engage in a constructive, national conversation -- so we can build trust, address persistent concerns, and protect public safety while respecting the rights of every American.

Last Tuesday, addressing the public, the President said, "[to] those who are prepared to work constructively, your President will work with you." I am committed to answering the President's call to see this through -- as are the men and women of the United States Department of Justice.

Learn more about yesterday's announcements here -- and spread the word to anyone who wants to know how we're moving forward as a nation.

Thank you,

Eric H. Holder, Jr.
Visit WhiteHouse.gov

So progress or just more empty promises? I don't really see the government taking away military equipment from police but even just the body cams could help a lot.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 4:47 am

Stigma wrote:
I got this email from the white house.

Quote :
Following Michael Brown's tragic death, millions of people across the nation and around the world have focused their attention on unfolding events in Ferguson, both grieving together and making their voices heard.

In recent days, many have been captivated by ongoing developments, anguished emotions, peaceful protests -- and, too often, deeply unfortunate images of unnecessary destruction. And this tragic incident has sparked a necessary, national conversation about the need to ensure trust and build strong relationships between law enforcement officials and the communities they serve.

Events in Ferguson have revealed a deep distrust between a community and its police force. But this reality is not limited to one location. Other communities around this country know this struggle all too well. And it's abundantly clear that every single one of us has a role to play in tackling this problem together, as a nation -- to identify those things that bind us, and to be honest with one another about the things that continue to divide us.

In August, President Obama ordered a review of federal funding and programs that provide equipment to state and local law enforcement agencies. Yesterday, the Administration released that review's findings -- and announced key next steps to strengthen the trust in and effectiveness of the policing of our communities.

Learn more about yesterday's announcements, and the findings of the Administration's review.

Here are the next steps we're taking:

Creating a new task force to promote the expansion of 21st century community-oriented policing.
   Reforming how the federal government equips local law enforcement, particularly with military-style equipment.
   Advancing the use of body-worn cameras and promoting proven community policing initiatives.

I know this has been a difficult time for people in Ferguson, and for many others across the country. It will take time for things to get better. But as I assured Ferguson residents during my visit there, in August, the Obama administration is firmly committed to making the progress we need -- and that all of our citizens deserve.

The changes that the President announced yesterday are exactly the sorts of programmatic steps that will bring the right people together to engage in a constructive, national conversation -- so we can build trust, address persistent concerns, and protect public safety while respecting the rights of every American.

Last Tuesday, addressing the public, the President said, "[to] those who are prepared to work constructively, your President will work with you." I am committed to answering the President's call to see this through -- as are the men and women of the United States Department of Justice.

Learn more about yesterday's announcements here -- and spread the word to anyone who wants to know how we're moving forward as a nation.

Thank you,

Eric H. Holder, Jr.
Visit WhiteHouse.gov

So progress or just more empty promises? I don't really see the government taking away military equipment from police but even just the body cams could help a lot.

Yeah, I don't agree with every little thing officers do being monitored, but it should be easy to hold them accountable for their actions, or prove their innocence.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 2:59 pm

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/nyregion/grand-jury-said-to-bring-no-charges-in-staten-island-chokehold-death-of-eric-garner.html?_r=0

And people still don't believe there is a problem. Fucking atrocious.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Ferguson thought's?   PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 3:15 pm

Didn't this "kid" rob a store? Assaulted the clerk who tried to stop him? Attacked a cop? It was murder, but it seems like justified murder.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 3:35 pm

yonny616 wrote:
Didn't this "kid" rob a store? Assaulted the clerk who tried to stop him? Attacked a cop? It was murder, but it seems like justified murder.

Anyone over 6' and 200lbs shouldn't be considered a kid, imo.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

US

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 2:54 am

https://www.youtube.com/redirect?q=http%3A%2F%2Ftime.com%2F3636478%2Fbody-cameras-lapd-ferguson%2F&redir_token=5yO9m3GsfA9k72OrvmL8uNo1rAV8MTQxODg4ODg3NUAxNDE4ODAyNDc1

All LAPD cops are going to be required to wear body games from now on.

Quote :
While there are few studies showing the benefits of body-worn cameras, the one department that appears to have had proven success with them is in the Los Angeles suburb of Rialto, where the agency reported an 88% drop in complaints filed against officers and a 60% decline in use-of-force incidents since its officers started using wearable cameras in February 2012.

88% drop in complaints filed against officers and a 60% decline in use-of-force incidents

88% drop in complaints filed against officers and a 60% decline in use-of-force incidents

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 8:30 am

DaTeckno wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/04/nyregion/grand-jury-said-to-bring-no-charges-in-staten-island-chokehold-death-of-eric-garner.html?_r=0

I know this is old, but LOL at the suggestion body cams will make a difference. At all. Cops are scum. Too bad only a minority are decent folk.

1:55

Watch this cop execute a black dude. In front of everyone. He did like 11 months in prison.

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 12:02 pm

Stoney wrote:
DaTeckno wrote:

I know this is old, but LOL at the suggestion body cams will make a difference. At all. Cops are scum. Too bad only a minority are decent folk.

1:55

Watch this cop execute a black dude. In front of everyone. He did like 11 months in prison.

you're a fucking idiot, probably friends with shit head criminals.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Ferguson thought's?   PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 12:53 pm

@Stoney That is one dumbass statement. I've met plenty cops, just cause a few are a bunch of dicks, it doesn't mean the entire force or the majority of the force is.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Ferguson thought's?   Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 12:56 pm

I guess it depends on the city, country and neighbourhood you're in. I'm sure there are "Good" Police Men in the US and "Bad" Police Men in Canada. It'd probably bottle down to the neighbourhood and district.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 17, 2014 1:09 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
I guess it depends on the city, country and neighbourhood you're in. I'm sure there are "Good" Police Men in the US and "Bad" Police Men in Canada. It'd probably bottle down to the neighbourhood and district.
And your perspective, for example i'm sure some of Stoney's friends are criminals and druggies that were rightfully arrested for breaking the law by "PIG PURE EVIL COPS"
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 18, 2014 10:29 pm

Orion wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
And your perspective, for example i'm sure some of Stoney's friends are criminals and druggies that were rightfully arrested for breaking the law by "PIG PURE EVIL COPS"

Hit a nerve?

Sad

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ferguson thought's?    Ferguson thought's?   I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ferguson thought's?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next