Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Boring.............

Go down 
+8
Orion
Stigma
Angelus
Bluenose
RamboOnRedBull
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
Orc
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

Boring............. Empty
PostSubject: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:46 pm

this place is dying

the only active threads are obscure and uninteresting film trailers & IGN reviews that Mecha posts

any game thread gets a couple of posts and then goes dead

there's so much to discuss about games for an Xbox One gamer

but as everyone here is on a PS4 I guess I can see why gaming discussions are dry

shame really

anyone know some good active gaming discussion boards?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Boring............. R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 5:55 pm

It's only the first year of this gen. Not our fault that there isn't much to discuss. Besides, when the Xbox Republic and PS3 Nation were first created, it was years after the generation's launch.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Boring............. StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:14 pm

Pretty much the reason why I tend to hesitate making threads. They just don't go anywhere now. Just wait till the next Uncharted trailer and the usual suspects will be circle jerking all over it on a thread.

Planning on playing The Evil Within soon and probably do a first impression. I could make a "then and now" thread for FFXIV but I think most people are sick and tired of me making FFXIV threads haha.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Boring............. Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:23 pm

This one usually works for me:

http://www.g7gaming.net/
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:27 pm

Not sure if posting in your clearly fanboy Xbox threads is worth it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:34 pm

Boring............. ZS5J9BM
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:37 pm

You know what... maybe we should start general threads for some games now. Because the comic book threads here seem more active now that they are more organized.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:42 pm

Mecha wrote:
You know what... maybe we should start general threads for some games now. Because the comic book threads here seem more active now that they are more organized.

k...
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Boring............. ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 6:47 pm

The problem is more just that none of us play the same games, so we don't have much to say about them. Our most successful discussions are making fun of shit, and insulting that rabid fuckhead of a toddler we call Mecha.

I've been considering new incentives for posting, such as member ranks, an awards gimmick, some kinds of giveaways or novel competitions, and a more worthwhile reputation system, but those would be difficult to implement at this point in the forum's life-cycle. It's hard to attract new members too, since most people would since all of our members are too tightly-knit, and have so many posts that it's difficult to seem like an actual inclusive community to them. A post count reset may be necessary in this regard. There's also the fact that a typical forum has a ratio of 90:9:1 for [lurkers]:[occasional posters]:[heavy contributers].

I might start making monthly threads for people to discuss and vote on their most anticipated game (this month), or less frequent threads for the 5 big non-PC platforms, eventually measuring them all up against each other, but that would have to wait a while, unless someone else were to do it. I've been considering making more of my PS Home adventures threads, but I don't think there's an event going on atm.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:00 pm

It's the console wars that made us so active last gen. Hell, that's the whole reason why we're here in the first place. But the console wars this gen so far is pretty lackluster. There just isn't a ELPRESADOR, GeneralMLD, TruthSetUFree, or the two Wii fanboys (I forgot what they were called) of this generation as of right now.

Sad truth is, while we can't stand fanboys, they're the ones that keep us alive.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:04 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

k...

It's funny because he used to bitch so much when we put the comic cleanup crackdown. Now he admits it was beneficial.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 7:08 pm

Teckno wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:

k...

It's funny because he used to bitch so much when we put the comic cleanup crackdown. Now he admits it was beneficial.

INB4 "DATS NUT WAT I MEANT! I JUZT MENT DAT PEEPLE DUNT POST INAAPROPIATE POSTS IN THAT FREDS!"

I love you
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:46 pm

Mecha wrote:
It's the console wars that made us so active last gen. Hell, that's the whole reason why we're here in the first place. But the console wars this gen so far is pretty lackluster. There just isn't a ELPRESADOR, GeneralMLD, TruthSetUFree, or the two Wii fanboys (I forgot what they were called) of this generation as of right now.

Sad truth is, while we can't stand fanboys, they're the ones that keep us alive.

This is true. 7th addressed this

Sadly Crapgamerreviews pussied out and didn't want to debate. Sucks.... could have brought back the good old days. We need GeneralMLD back. That's really just it. He sparked some hatred and life from the sony ponies. He gave the xbots boners. It was perfect. Elpresador did the opposite. Hellhound pretended he was on the xbox side then later revealed he was a playstation fanboy the whole time. brodeo couldn't make up his mind what side he was on... I mean there was so much shit throughout the generation that made it so entertaining. It kept us compelled. If anything we became more passionate gamers as a result of it all. We need that back!
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 8:53 pm

GeneralMLD can't come back because his logic no longer works now. Unless he bought a PS4 instead of a Xbox One this gen, but I highly doubt that.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:20 pm

Mecha wrote:
GeneralMLD can't come back because his logic no longer works now. Unless he bought a PS4 instead of a Xbox One this gen, but I highly doubt that.

Because of the sales thing?

He actually openly predicted the PS3 would outsell the 360 by the end of the generation. His point was that for so long Microsoft was able to keep Sony at bay. Basically they had toppled the king who dominated in the PS2 generation. It was unforeseeable for the Xbox 360 to have the success that it did. The fact is, it took an entire generation for PS3 to outsell the 360. It played catch up for an entire generation.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:22 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Mecha wrote:

He actually openly predicted the PS3 would outsell the 360 by the end of the generation. His point was that for so long Microsoft was able to keep Sony at bay. Basically they had toppled the king who dominated in the PS2 generation. It was unforeseeable for the Xbox 360 to have the success that it did. The fact is, it took an entire generation for PS3 to outsell the 360. It played catch up for an entire generation.

You obviously don't understand the mechanics of the game catch.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 9:25 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Mecha wrote:

I know he predicted that the PS3 would eventually outsell the Xbox 360. I was talking about PS4 vs. Xbox One. It's one of the reasons why he never came back. That, and he's busy working in two jobs.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Boring............. StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 01, 2014 11:01 pm

I get what Ang is saying. I know we play the same games often but we always seem to play them at two different points in time.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 1:34 am

2Sugoi2Die wrote:
Pretty much the reason why I tend to hesitate making threads. They just don't go anywhere now. Just wait till the next Uncharted trailer and the usual suspects will be circle jerking all over it on a thread.

Planning on playing The Evil Within soon and probably do a first impression. I could make a "then and now" thread for FFXIV but I think most people are sick and tired of me making FFXIV threads haha.

Does anyone besides us 2 play FFXIV? I know Mecha doesn't. Because he makes it a point to post "still haven't played it yet" or something to that extant on every FFXIV thread.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Boring............. TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 1:13 am

I would play it if I could, looks fun.

Anyways we all have Mario Kart 8 and getting Smash tight?
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 2:00 am

I'd probably play if I didn't have to pay for the game itself, and if I had my mouse here.

Orion wrote:

Play the free trial. http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 5:09 am

I'd agree that the problem is that we have different interests and we already pretty much know the opinions of others.

I will play mostly on pc and a lot of League. In addition to that I will play Ps3 exclusives and I will probably get a Ps4 for the exclusives when theys come out.
Lykos will make comparison threads where he tries to make the xbox look better than the playstation.
Orion will mostly troll and hate on linear games.
Mecha will get bashed by everyone for fun.
Padders will play some japanese stuff.
etc...
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

England

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 8:20 am

Well unlike others here, my opinion can change. I don't swear allegiance to any platform. So you never really know what I'm gonna think of certain consoles/games.

I was all over 3DS. Then I realized the extreme superiority of the Vita and went off 3DS.

Everyone else here will suck up to Sony consoles regardless of their quality.
Back to top Go down
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Canada

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 1:09 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
Well unlike others here, my opinion can change. I don't swear allegiance to any platform. So you never really know what I'm gonna think of certain consoles/games.

I was all over 3DS. Then I realized the extreme superiority of the Vita and went off 3DS.

Everyone else here will suck up to Sony consoles because of their quality.

Ftfy.

It's more just a general preference of the exclusives, and the lack of needing to deal with Micro$oft's bullshit. Most people on here don't seem to think either next gen console is really all that worthwhile atm.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Boring............. TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 02, 2014 1:21 pm

Sir Angelus Ignobilius wrote:
I'd probably play if I didn't have to pay for the game itself, and if I had my mouse here.

Orion wrote:

Play the free trial. http://www.ffxiv-freetrial.com/us/
PC can't run it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Boring.............   Boring............. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Boring.............
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next