Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? Empty
PostSubject: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:11 pm

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:16 pm

No. Marvel Studios is a household name. Even if Batman v Superman is successful, it'd still be the Batman and Superman brand gaining the most out of the success since the DC logo is pretty much an after thought as opposed to the Marvel Studios logo which is the only logo at the start of their film since phase two started and it's big and flashy as opposed to the simplistic DC logo. If the logo is big and flashy then yea, maybe.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 2:18 am

Unless they do something similar like what they do to their TV shows.

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 8:43 pm

Yeah, sort of. Just that it needs to be the DC logo only. Not WB, not Syncopy, not Dune Entertainment, just a DC comics logo. The logo needs to be like: "Bitches! THIS is DC not Marvel". Just look at Marvel's opening.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 9:45 am

Meh. I like DC TV logos more than Marvel Studios logo.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 2:55 pm

@Mecha It doesn't change the fact that the DC logo animation is an after thought when it comes to their films. The only logo that should be there is the DC comics logo, maybe WB's too, but more than that? Nope. Otherwise the DC logo just becomes another logo in the opening credits. The logo needs to be something like this.

Even this is better.

Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:36 pm

We'll see how loyal general audiences are with the Marvel brand once Ant-Man comes out.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 7:55 pm

@Mecha Look at how they were with Guardians. And Guardians is a lesser know property than Ant-Man.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 8:48 pm

@yonny616 Yeah but people saw Guardians as like the next Star Wars. While Ant-Man will be quickly judged thinking his useless, even though he's not.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 17, 2014 10:20 pm

@Mecha Right? That's why when it was announced and trailers were coming out everyone was wondering how a talking tree and raccoon was going to make sense. No one ever called it "the new star wars" until it actually released.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?   Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will DC films catch up to Marvel Studios?
Page 1 of 1