Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

Microsoft officially buys Minecraft

Go down 
+3
Orc
Stigma
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Microsoft officially buys Minecraft R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Microsoft officially buys Minecraft Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 4:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 4:35 pm

I wonder how many new IPs could have been developed for $2.5 billion.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:10 pm

Stigma wrote:
I wonder how many new IPs could have been developed for $2.5 billion.

Damn straight. Idiotic move by Microsoft. I'm disappointed in them.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 5:13 pm

Couldn't they buy a decently big studio for that price?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 7:02 pm

Cha Ching!
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 8:48 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
Couldn't they buy a decently big studio for that price?

They probably could have created several new game companies for that price. I don't even understand the purpose of it. Minecraft is already an basically every video game platform except Nintendo ones. What's their strategy? Not release patches or updates on the playstation versions?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 9:00 pm

Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Microsoft officially buys Minecraft StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 15, 2014 11:52 pm

He hasn't really been doing much with the game since when it first blew up on 4chan and then gain more popularity with the modding community. Doubt he did much with the porting to other platforms. He pretty much got all the credit while sitting on his lazy ass. Anyways, just because he sold it for 2.4 billion, he doesn't get exactly 2.4 billion because of taxes.

Like Microsoft as always, it is easier to buy out someone than build something from the ground up like what Sony and Nintendo did. Mojang will most likely die like with Rare.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:40 am

Waste of money.

Mojang was a one-hit wonder that purely got it's popularity with Minecraft, they're not going to make a game that popular ever again. And since minecraft is already multiplat there's nothing to gain there either. Maybe next time buy some actual NOT timed exclusives.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 7:56 am

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 3:27 pm

I wouldn't put it past Mojang to make another good game.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 4:14 pm

I'm still waiting for them to make ANY good game.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2014 6:44 pm

Sawed-Off_Orc wrote:
I'm still waiting for them to make ANY good game.

Touche. I don't like Minecraft at all, but I know a lot of people love it. So I'm sure they will make their "good" game.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 7:58 pm

Back to top Go down
Based Sonji
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Hip-Hop Enthusiast
Based Sonji

Stature : 91
LittleBigP
Playing : Teckno Is MJ

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 07, 2014 9:05 pm

Minecraft 2 inc.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 11, 2014 6:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Microsoft officially buys Minecraft   Microsoft officially buys Minecraft I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Microsoft officially buys Minecraft
Page 1 of 1