Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games

Go down 
+5
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
NoelX2
Mecha
Stoney
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games Empty
PostSubject: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:27 pm

http://www.empireonline.com/features/100greatestgames/game.asp?title=100

Click "full list" in the top right hand to see full list, unless you want to click through all 100, one by one.

EDIT: I just realised you guys aren't stupid and could follow simple instructions without having them laid out to you so ignore the above.  Razz 

Spoiler for Mecha
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 1:51 pm

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games Charli10
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:03 pm

I can't take this list seriously.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:09 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
I can't take this list seriously.

I don't think any of us can.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:53 pm

The Last of Us being #1 made me laugh, it's an average game with a second rate story. Also lol at FFVII being so high.
Looks more like a popularity list rather than a quality list. Lmfao at no Mario Kart 8 as number 1
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 2:59 pm

TBH, it's better than other lists I have seen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:12 pm

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games Image

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games 725796345 
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 3:51 pm

Garbage list. The Last of Us at #1, over Zelda? LOLNOPE xD  Empire Magazine Top 100 Games 21888 

FFX needs to be in the Top Ten. It's certainly better than the highly overrated FF7.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 7:48 pm

Mario Kart 8 no 1, FF X No.1

Jesus Christ almighty!!
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:06 pm

Bruh

Muh Waifu Game should have been #1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 9:11 pm

In all seriousness, I don't agree with number 1, but saying FF X is objectively the best FF is MADNESS then you have Orion saying "lol Mario Kart 8 not at No.1" .... I can't take that serious!
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2014 10:09 pm

Stoney wrote:
In all seriousness, I don't agree with number 1, but saying FF X is objectively the best FF is MADNESS then you have Orion saying "lol Mario Kart 8 not at No.1" .... I can't take that serious!

I never said that FFX was the best FF game or should be #1, learn to read. All I said was that it's better than Final Fantasy 7, and it should be in the top ten on this list. BTW, Final Fantasy 6 is the best FF game IMO.

I agree that Orion saying Mario Kart 8 is #1 is crazy. Mario Kart games are fun to play and overall, is a solid racing game series. However, saying that a Mario Kart game is the best game ever makes you look foolish.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 7:32 am

Archduke wrote:
Stoney wrote:

I never said that FFX was the best FF game or should be #1, learn to read. All I said was that it's better than Final Fantasy 7, and it should be in the top ten on this list. BTW, Final Fantasy 6 is the best FF game IMO.

I agree that Orion saying Mario Kart 8 is #1 is crazy. Mario Kart games are fun to play and overall, is a solid racing game series. However, saying that a Mario Kart game is the best game ever makes you look foolish.

Number one, top ten, my point still stands, the game shouldn't even be in the top 100. It was the start of the dip in quality of FF series. The last great, and my personal favourite FF, was IX. And VII could arguably be considered the best, just because it's super popular and almost an annoying internet meme, doesn't detract from the fact it's a great game.

Oh, and this list was voted by the readers of the magazine and not done by a "committee", for lack of a better word.

We all know Metal Gear Solid 3 should be number one though ....  :face: 
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:26 am

Stoney wrote:
Archduke wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Number one, top ten, my point still stands, the game shouldn't even be in the top 100. It was the start of the dip in quality of FF series. The last great, and my personal favourite FF, was IX. And VII could arguably be considered the best, just because it's super popular and almost an annoying internet meme, doesn't detract from the fact it's a great game.

Oh, and this list was voted by the readers of the magazine and not done by a "committee", for lack of a better word.

It doesn't matter if you think 10 was deemed the starting point in the demise of the Final Fantasy series, because it was and is still hailed as a "classic" today in the gaming media, and to those who have played it. Oh and FFX having metascore of 92 says only helps my point that the game was well-received by the media. If you really believe it doesn't belong in the top 100, then you're on drugs. It's one of the best JRPG's of the PS2-era, and introduced many new battle techniques and features that are used in video-games today. Meanwhile, FF7 is only deemed a "great game" because it was the first 3D FF game at its time, and was considered a classic for those who experienced it as one of the first 3D RPG games to come to home consoles. It actually is just an overrated, above average game at best. The fanboys of the game just tarnish the game's reputation, especially on the internet. Had a game like that came out today, it probably wouldn't be very well received in the gaming media IMO.

That being said, neither FFX nor FF7 can touch Final Fantasy 6.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 5:53 pm

Archduke wrote:
Stoney wrote:
Archduke wrote:
Stoney wrote:

It doesn't matter if you think 10 was deemed the starting point in the demise of the Final Fantasy series, because it was and is still hailed as a "classic" today in the gaming media, and to those who have played it. Oh and FFX having metascore of 92 says only helps my point that the game was well-received by the media. If you really believe it doesn't belong in the top 100, then you're on drugs. It's one of the best JRPG's of the PS2-era, and introduced many new battle techniques and features that are used in video-games today. Meanwhile, FF7 is only deemed a "great game" because it was the first 3D FF game at its time, and was considered a classic for those who experienced it as one of the first 3D RPG games to come to home consoles. It actually is just an overrated, above average game at best. The fanboys of the game just tarnish the game's reputation, especially on the internet. Had a game like that came out today, it probably wouldn't be very well received in the gaming media IMO.

That being said, neither FFX nor FF7 can touch Final Fantasy 6.
Today Duke said something smart.
Today was a good day.
Except no it wasn't because i had to do 8 hours of gay ass fucking work.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 7:26 am

Is nobody noticing that World of Warcraft is fucking third? I mean sure it was really popular and groundbreaking but it's an average MMO that's overpriced as shit, i've played far superior MMO's for free.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:23 am

You can tell whoever came up with that list must thought very hard to have six Legend of Zelda titles on the list.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Boss
Boss
Stigma

Stature : 117
US

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:38 am

Is that even a gaming site? That list was fucking retarded. I'd like to know the process conducted that shit out this nonsense.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:44 am

Looks like a pop culture site.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:40 am

Stigma wrote:
Is that even a gaming site? That list was fucking retarded. I'd like to know the process conducted that shit out this nonsense.

Empire Magazine is one of the biggest film magazines in the world. They also have a website that is dedicated in expanding its content beyond movies. Hence, this list.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_(film_magazine)
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 10:43 am

I mentioned in the OP it was voted by their readers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Empire Magazine Top 100 Games   Empire Magazine Top 100 Games I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Empire Magazine Top 100 Games
Page 1 of 1