Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?

Go down 
+5
Orc
Jack the Spectre
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
TerraXehanort
9 posters
AuthorMessage
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

Stature : 2

Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? Empty
PostSubject: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:34 pm

It has come to my attention that a certain minority in the gayming community believe that being a hardcore gamer is something to be proud of. I see these folks on Redfit, YouTube, PSN, and whatever else proclaiming about how they are level 100 on PSN and have 150,000 gamerscore and thinking that is something to be proud of. To be quite honest it is sad... Because it means they are just nerds with no social lives at all. I personally would rather hang myself than take gaming (merely a hobby) seriously.

It's sad... So sad... That the fan base of this one hobby have become so depraved to the point they claim "Look at me I'm a hardcore gamer and that makes me so cool", it really doesn't. It makes them look like... Fucking nerds. Which is something you do NOT wanna look like in life. Gaming is merely a hobby to me, I don't take it seriously at all. Because it's not serious business. But these dumb fucks can keep crying about how much of a hardcore gamer they are, I'll still profit on their stupidity.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:42 pm

If a person feels proud, that's fine. Gaming is a billion-dollar industry that has taken over the mainstream's attention, and has continued to improve itself over the past few years. If someone feels proud of having achieved achievements for their gaming passion, then there's nothing wrong with it.

If a person can feel proud of knowing and seeing every film in cinema history, or listening to music and knowing its backstory, then the same should apply to spending considerable time on educating yourself and practicing in the gaming industry.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:47 pm

Well if they take it too seriously, and are elitists about it as if that is a "huge accomplishment" then that just proves how pathetic their lives are. Sleeping with two girls at once is something to be proud of, fucking Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez or lord help you Ariana Grande is an accomplishment to be proud of. Being a hardcore gamer and being proud of that just makes you seem like a loser IMO.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:49 pm

TerraXehanort wrote:
Well if they take it too seriously, and are elitists about it as if that is a "huge accomplishment" then that just proves how pathetic their lives are. Sleeping with two girls at once is something to be proud of, fucking Taylor Swift or Selena Gomez or lord help you Ariana Grande is an accomplishment to be proud of. Being a hardcore gamer and being proud of that just makes you seem like a loser IMO.

Troll confirmed. Or just massive idiot. 

Your choice.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 1:55 pm

Huh? Are you disagreeing? Is what I say not true? Don't tell me YOU are a hardcore gamer and think lowly of one who isn't? And yeah... You caught me I'm a twoll. Sad I play as that in Wow.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:07 pm

TerraXehanort wrote:
Huh? Are you disagreeing? Is what I say not true? Don't tell me YOU are a hardcore gamer and think lowly of one who isn't? And yeah... You caught me I'm a twoll. Sad I play as that in Wow.

I'm not a hardcore gamer. Let's put it at that, Troll.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 2:31 pm

I'm a hardcore gamer, and I don't give a fucking shit what limp wristed little insecure faggot like you thinks. The fact that your gay ass actually took the time out of your motherfucking summer holidays where u could be getting some yag but instead u think about shit like this.

If you'd ever been with a group of people before or ever had a circle of friends you would realise that people are hyped for what you are hyped for.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 3:15 pm

I'm not a hardcore gamer, but I am someone who likes to collect films, and that's something I'm proud of, so I can't really knock other people for having a hobby that they love and accomplishing things within that hobby that make them happy.

It's all love here, bruh.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:22 pm

So far, I've received nothing but insults from the person who responded before you. Oh and that other guy... Whatever his name was.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:27 pm

Also at Onion.... If I am a faggot then I guess being attracted to one of my female coworkers is strangr... After all you just said in a fag. Right? Lol
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 6:11 pm

TerraXehanort wrote:
Also at Onion.... If I am a faggot then I guess being attracted to one of my female coworkers is strangr... After all you just said in a fag. Right? Lol
Dyslexia or 11 years old? Either way you are not mentally developed enough for this forum, which is really saying something considering we let Duke on here.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 6:56 pm

Kendo? haha
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 8:20 pm

I'll have you know Onion that I call you that on purpose. Maybe I am 11? You never know over the internet? @Orc What does Japanese sword fighting have to do with anything? Also, Oblivion or Skyrim?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:26 pm

Some people like to 100% games because they liked them enough to go through with it. Achievements has always been present in games even before XBL achievements and PSN trophies. You're right about people wanting to flex their e-p33n since XBL achievements (Xbox Cheevos). You're also right about it being a nerdy thing to do but the big difference is that some people only care about a number (e-p33n).

Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 pm

So, where was the rebuttal to what I said Double 2 (my nickname for you)? Where is the rebuttal for what I was saying that people are nerds with no social lives for calling themselves hardcore gamers?
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:47 pm

"people wanting to flex their e-p33n" is being social. It can be found any hobbies and interest. Try harder next time.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 5:14 pm

Like I said, what's the point of flexing your "e-p33"? Back in the days of the PS2 we didn't have such a thing as gamerscore or trophy level to determine what a gamer was, many people use the term hardcore gamer to describe normal gamers which isn't true. And if you're a casual you're automatically ignored. Me and one of my friends are both casual gamers and we enjoy video games as much as our other friend who is by definition "hardcore". We don't treat each other differently over it, we just like different games. Also casual gaming doesn't mean casual games like Wii Sports or shit like "Cod". I play a wide variety of games, my favorite game franchises are Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Japanese role playing games. I eas merely pointing out how elitist some "self-proclaimed" hardcore gamers can be. One of my other friends I said is hardcore because he plays Dark Souls in case you ask.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:18 pm

Long time no see, Kendo. Hope life is treating you good.
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:28 pm

I'd say Im a hardcore gamer, though I don't think I am specifically proud of that. But I am not ashamed of it or anything either, it's just part of who I am. Nothing special enough and no achievement involved, so it's kinda just there.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 6:57 pm

"Onion"

LMFAO.

I mean, getting a 100 level on PSN is something to be proud of, but there are loads of things that are more worthy to be proud of. Hardcore gamers have something to show off, but it's up to the person to really appreciate how awesome it may or may not be.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 7:08 pm

TerraXehanort wrote:
Like I said, what's the point of flexing your "e-p33"? Back in the days of the PS2 we didn't have such a thing as gamerscore or trophy level to determine what a gamer was, many people use the term hardcore gamer to describe normal gamers which isn't true. And if you're a casual you're automatically ignored. Me and one of my friends are both casual gamers and we enjoy video games as much as our other friend who is by definition "hardcore". We don't treat each other differently over it, we just like different games. Also casual gaming doesn't mean casual games like Wii Sports or shit like "Cod". I play a wide variety of games, my favorite game franchises are Zelda, Final Fantasy, and Japanese role playing games. I eas merely pointing out how elitist some "self-proclaimed" hardcore gamers can be. One of my other friends I said is hardcore because he plays Dark Souls in case you ask.

The term "hardcore gamer" and even "gamer" has become vague definition at this point thanks to massive influx of casual and mainstream gaming. Thanks to people like you (who tries to hard to be a part of something) and the elitist (Who wants to filter out).

Elitism is everywhere. It even exist in the gaming community even before achievements. If someone achieved something great then they have every right to talk about it. I think we have a thread for that kind of thing.

Source of your problem is that you're just complaining about something you dislike nor have any understanding of.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 10:43 am

Be part of something? No idea what you're talking about. I honestly don't care about being part of a group. That's the kind of shit you stop caring about after High School. I'm tired of elitism so I made a rant about it.
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 6:36 pm

You're on a video game forum. Maybe tumblr is more your thing.
Back to top Go down
TerraXehanort
Unique Grunt
Unique Grunt

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 11:29 am

Maybe... Though tbh I've had bad experiences with Tumblr. Like them getting hacked and my info could have been compromised, so I deleted my account. So no Tumblr for me.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:21 pm

Teckno wrote:
"Onion"

LMFAO.

I mean, getting a 100 level on PSN is something to be proud of, but there are loads of things that are more worthy to be proud of. Hardcore gamers have something to show off, but it's up to the person to really appreciate how awesome it may or may not be.

Not cool homie, u supposed to defend ur nigguhs Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?   Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is being a "hardcore gamer" something to be proud of?
Page 1 of 1