Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why Anime is Important

Go down 
+5
Orion
Jack the Spectre
2Sugoi2Die
Mecha
yonny616
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Why Anime is Important - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

Why Anime is Important - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 5:58 pm

Already seen it, and lulu wasn't badass, cute with Sexy boypussy yes, but not badass.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 6:03 pm

If you want military and army animes, go watch any Gundam series. There are plenty of them out there.

EDIT: I recommend Full Metal Panic! as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

Stature : 21

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 15, 2014 8:16 pm

I was a great fan of the way the military in FMA was handled as well. Attack on Titan is the only other good anime thing I can think of where the military is in a similiar position. Maybe I am just forgetting things though.

If you want a kind of last stand military like in Attack on Titan you could check out Knights of Sidonia, it's different in style though, since it's in Space and not as emphasized.

If police is ok as well and you just want uniform and hierarchy you could try Psycho-Pass.

If medieval and mercenaries are ok you could take a look at the Golden Age Arc movies of Berserk.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 11:51 am

PP looks interesting.
Any animes where the characters are more ugly and not in typical animu fashion?
Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 12:35 pm

Those two have designs with a bit more grit:
Monster
Hellsing Ultimate
Death Note partially goes there, atleast with adults.

Or if you really want balls to the wall ugly you can watch Akira. Nice animations, but...

Last edited by Gutzahn on Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:17 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Why Anime is Important - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:13 am

I guess this means Wolf Children is mainstream then. Razz
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

Why Anime is Important - Page 2 XidKdMN
Stature : 309
New York
Playing : With myself

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:51 am

Orion wrote:
I love the new Ghost Rider comic because it's the closest thing I've gotten to Red Line since, well Red Line.

Also they are making a second Afro Samurai videogame, I liked the first a lot shitty camera aside.
Oooh, they are? I think it would be awesome if they gave Afro Samurai to Platinum Games or something.

Mecha wrote:

I guess this means Wolf Children is mainstream then. Razz
I was just saying based on that one video alone, he was only naming mainstream stuff so it didn't seem like he was THAT into anime.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Why Anime is Important - Page 2 Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 10:36 am

Just finished the first episode of Cowboy Bebop. It's aright. Could be much better, but it could be worse, too, I guess.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 11:24 am

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Just finished the first episode of Cowboy Bebop. It's aright. Could be much better, but it could be worse, too, I guess.

You just now started watching Cowboy Bebop? Suspect 

Also lol @ judging the first episode. That's like me saying I just started watching the first episode of Breaking Bad, and it could have been better. Why Anime is Important - Page 2 725796345 You need to judge the series as a whole. The first episodes of Cowboy Bebop are just introductions to the characters. The story itself doesn't really pick up until episode 5 or 6.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 12:55 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Also lol @ judging the first episode. That's like me saying I just started watching the first episode of Breaking Bad, and it could have been better. Why Anime is Important - Page 2 725796345 You need to judge the series as a whole. The first episodes of Cowboy Bebop are just introductions to the characters. The story itself doesn't really pick up until episode 5 or 6.
There's nothing wrong with judging the pilot episode of a show. I'm assuming he's not quitting the series after one episode, so there's no problem.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:09 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I didn't say the whole show could be better  Why Anime is Important - Page 2 1443829230. All I said was that the FIRST episode could be much better. Why Anime is Important - Page 2 725796345 

@Jack

I'm not, actually. I watched the second episode as well. Going to see two episodes per-day, I reckon. :)
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:26 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I didn't say the whole show could be better  Why Anime is Important - Page 2 1443829230. All I said was that the FIRST episode could be much better. Why Anime is Important - Page 2 725796345

I know what you said. All I'm saying is that did you expect anything amazing from the first episode or something? lol! To me, the first episode is perfect because you're seeing what Spike's life is as a bouny hunter. It's suppose to be a introduction. Then later on in the series, you'll see that the past will come back to hunt him. That's the whole theme of the show.
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:37 pm

Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
Mecha wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

I know what you said. All I'm saying is that did you expect anything amazing from the first episode or something? lol! To me, the first episode is perfect because you're seeing what Spike's life is as a bouny hunter. It's suppose to be a introduction. Then later on in the series, you'll see that the past will come back to hunt him. That's the whole theme of the show.

While I didn't expect "something amazing", I still found numerous things that could be better and less predictable/cliche'd, nonetheless. Far from a perfect first episode, as I've seen much better ones in other mediums.
Back to top Go down
Jack the Spectre
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Jack the Spectre

New York

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:50 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Jack

I'm not, actually. I watched the second episode as well. Going to see two episodes per-day, I reckon. :)
That's good. It does get better. I really see nothing wrong with criticizing a pilot episode as long as you don't use it to judge the series as a whole (which I don't think you were).
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 1:58 pm

Jack the Spectre wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:
@Jack

That's good. It does get better. I really see nothing wrong with criticizing a pilot episode as long as you don't use it to judge the series as a whole (which I don't think you were).

I expect it to get better, anyway. It's not like the pilot is ever the greatest thing of any Series.

Would be funny if it ever had been, though Why Anime is Important - Page 2 725796345
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 2:22 pm

Check out Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood as well

The fucking soundtrack on CB is soooooooooooooooo good tho

How is that Space Daddy anime?
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 4:02 pm

I recommend Black Lagoon and Samurai Champloo to everybody.

@ Rambo, go watch every single episode of the series and then come back and talk. The ending is so fucking epic and brief, but still awesome. Hell, I've yet to watch the movie yet and I heard it's great. The soundtrack will blow you away later in the series.

@ Orion, Space Dandy is very weird in its style. It's like if CB became a comedy series, mixed with TONS of fanservice and other weird shit. I personally am not a big fan of it, though the dub is quite good and premiered on tv before the japanese version did. Too many tits and ass jokes.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 6:18 am

Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

UK

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 7:30 am

Going to watch Hunter X Hunter
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:50 pm

Orion wrote:
Going to watch Hunter X Hunter

Which version? I thought you already reviewed it in the anime review thread?
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 07, 2014 10:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Gutzahn
Grunt Leader
Grunt Leader
Gutzahn

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2014 9:03 pm

I don't really like to watch episodic stuff, but at times there are great exceptions. Maybe I will give that one a try at some point.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

U.S.A.

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 1:26 am

I think we all knew this was coming, lol. Razz While I absolutely adore Cowboy Bebop and think it's one of the best animes ever made and one of the best animated tv shows of all-time, it's not the greatest anime of all-time. In my own honest opinion, of course. The show can is slow at times, and the episodic nature of this show can turn off some newcomers and make it hard to watch. There are also more than a few animes out there that I honestly prefer over Bebop. All that being said, Cowboy Bebop is one of my favorite animes of all-time, and is an absolute classic. It's also very influential for introducing anime as a medium to the western world. (Not as much as Dragonball or Akira, but influential nonetheless.) It also has hands-down the best soundtrack I've ever heard from anything ever, and possibly the greatest ending to any anime ever. This is a show that must be viewed if you call yourself an anime fan.
Back to top Go down
NoelX2
Final Boss
Final Boss
NoelX2

Stature : 91
Playing : SF3

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 2:43 am

Isn't Cowboy Bebop one of the more accessible animes?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/XNoel2?feature=mhum
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Why Anime is Important - Page 2 StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 23, 2014 4:53 am

NoelX2 wrote:
Isn't Cowboy Bebop one of the more accessible animes?

Yes, it is considered to be entry level. Also considered to be the best english dubbed back then and now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why Anime is Important   Why Anime is Important - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why Anime is Important
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next