Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!

Go down 
+3
Orion
RamboOnRedBull
Mecha
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! Empty
PostSubject: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:12 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! Z4pMElY
Stature : 414

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:16 pm

They should've saved this for E3. 

That said, if the Xbox One gets great games this fall, an awesome E3, and a nice follow-up year, I'll get it before the PS4, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 1:49 pm

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/05/13/microsoft-standalone-kinect-coming-later-unlikely-to-cost-100

Quote :
Following its announcement of an Xbox One without Kinect,Microsoft hasn’t decided what its standalone Kinect will cost later this year, but head of Xbox Phil Spencer says “the price probably won’t be exactly $100.”

Spencer tells IGN, “There is some efficiency in putting everything together in one box. So we’ll announce more on pricing later.”

Additionally, Kinect will be available “a little later” than the June 9 launch of the new Xbox One model, rather than day-and-date.

Serious discussions surrounding the removal of Kinect started around a month ago, shortly after  Spencer accepted the position as head of Xbox. Yusuf Medhi and Phil Spencer looked at a list of “things we wanted to work on,” and Kinect, Games With Gold on Xbox One, and making entertainment apps available to all Xbox owners topped the list.

Microsoft always had conversations about a Kinect-free Xbox One, “even a year ago,” but movement to separate the console from the accessory took time and a lot of fan feedback. With E3 looming, Microsoft now has more time to focus on games — something Spencer repeats adamantly.

“We wanted to get this out of the way so that E3 could be about the games and the great platform lineup.”

When asked if Microsoft planned to bundle a Kinect game in the standalone accessory, Spencer said, “We haven’t made a decision yet, but I think you’re thinking in the right way.”

We’ll see how Microsoft incentivizes its audience to adopt Kinect during its E3 media briefing on June 9 — the day its new Xbox model hits store shelves.
Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:17 pm

Microsoft is the new Michael Jackson.

They are making him proud with this non stop moonwalk.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:26 pm

RamboOnRedBull wrote:

That said, if the Xbox One gets great games this fall, an awesome E3, and a nice follow-up year, I'll get it before the PS4, I reckon.
Sunset Overdrive makes me hype, but I'll probably get a Wii U before both because of BC
Back to top Go down
RamboOnRedBull
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
RamboOnRedBull

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:29 pm

Orion wrote:
RamboOnRedBull wrote:

Sunset Overdrive makes me hype, but I'll probably get a Wii U before both because of BC

I've considered buying into a Wii-U, but I can't make myself do that just yet.
Back to top Go down
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 2:49 pm

Mario Kart 8 faggot, get on that shit. Guarantee Nintendo will sell me with their E3
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 4:14 pm

That's a step in the right direction to get more hardcore gamers to buy the Xbox One.
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Angelus
The Red Dragon
The Red Dragon
Angelus

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! ZDL7A4I
Stature : 342
Canada
Playing : Dragon Quest XI, Final Fantasy VII
Watching : Darksydephil

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeTue May 13, 2014 7:26 pm

Mecha wrote:

I don't think they understand that some of us just wanna play games...

Talking to a TV is a pointless novelty.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 9:12 am

Back to top Go down
Anonymous

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 4:50 pm

Like Rambo said should've announced this at E3.

Either way now the chance of getting an Xbox One has become much higher.
Back to top Go down
Orc
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
Orc

Stature : 173
England
Playing : Pokemon Omega Ruby

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 6:54 am

Honestly, I'll probably still go for the kinect version.

Reason being, this is apparently £350 in UK, which is the same price as the PS4.

However my mate bought an X1 WITH Kinect AND Titanfall from Tesco for £350.
Might as well get more bang for my...erm...GBP
Back to top Go down
2Sugoi2Die
Anime_Desu
2Sugoi2Die

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! StDQek0
Stature : 242
Playing : Conception II: Making Babies

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 8:34 am

I do remember Microsoft saying that they won't sell the Xbox One without kinect. Looks another back flip from Microsoft.

Yeah usually bundles work out better. I the Xbox 360 when it was bundled with Gaylo and Fable II. Plus there was a few RPG's on there I was interested in. Think I saved around $100 at the time.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 9:18 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!   Xbox One without Kinect coming in June! I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Xbox One without Kinect coming in June!
Page 1 of 1