Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Please login or register to fully experience the forum. Registration is quick and simple, you may start your experience by clicking the "Register" button below. Once you're done, please introduce yourself so we may properly welcome you.

If you do not wish to register at this time, there are still a few sections open to you. Feel free to browse or reply to posts as a guest.
Thank you, and please enjoy your time here.
Generation7 - Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Undying Video Games Forum for People Who Like to Play Video Games

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reply to topic

The Last of Us coming to PS4?

Go down 
+6
Chobo
Stoney
yonny616
Bluenose
Archduke
Mecha
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 3:38 am

Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 PaKTSrO
Stature : 187
Earth
Playing : The Last of Us.
Watching : The Flash.

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 5:30 pm

Just in case you guys didn't know. If you have the PS3 copy of The Last of Us you can trade it in to GameStop and you'll get half off of the PS4 version. I did that and now I'm getting the PS4 version tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Mecha
Certified IGN Reposter
Certified IGN Reposter
Mecha

The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 R5MQPRE
Stature : 194

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 7:08 pm

Back to top Go down
The_Biotic_God
Boss Spawn
Boss Spawn
The_Biotic_God

Stature : 17
Everywhere
Playing : Atleast we haz online

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 9:39 pm

Not much of a leap graphically.

60 FPS is a welcome upgrade.
Back to top Go down
Archduke
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Archduke

Stature : 109
U.S.A.
Playing : Nioh and Nier: Automata
Watching : 日本のアニメ

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 28, 2014 10:59 pm

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=858526  

Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net/u17
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

Stature : 176
The Gutter
Playing : Rocket League is Awesome

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 12:22 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2014-vs-the-last-of-us-remastered

Scroll down to the 22 min 60fps video. Tis glorious. Youtube is shit for comparisons.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 1:07 pm

Just picked it up from GameStop. About to play it. Install is 50GB!
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

Stature : 264
Playing : Tu madre

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 2:11 pm

What a beauty. :megusta:
Back to top Go down
http://www.g7gaming.net
Orion
Final Boss, 5th Form
Final Boss, 5th Form
Orion

The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 TM4C7lj
Stature : 298
UK
Playing : Persona

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Too bad the AI is still shit
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 3:40 pm

Just as great as ever. I tried the 30FPS/60FPS difference and wow. The 60FPS just feels much better. I've also been having some fun with the cool new photo feature in the game.

The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 BtutuIBIYAAZ6lG
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2014 4:40 pm

Pre-ordered it from the SEN store! Friday tho'  Sad And a 50GB download.  Sad 
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 12:45 pm

30Fps is nigh on unplayable when you switch from 60. WTF, mental difference. Game if fucking beautiful.

Check out my photography skills, yo;

The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 Bt9gQ2tIAAAZxQL

The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 Bt9edWRIEAMMizO

This game is gorgeous!
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 1:03 pm

@Stoney Sick photography skills yo!

Here's some of the ones I took yesterday, I've become addicted to this feature. Razz
The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 ZTMmCwO
The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 WFSp3s3
The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 EvfKVO8
The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 XAyhMNu
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:36 pm

I can't get over the character models, particularly Joel's. It's so well detailed. Also, playing on Grounded mode. So fucking intense. No listen mode, no HUD, check points are really far apart, minimal ammo/crafting tools, one/two bullets kill you AND the enemy (humans) they're no longing bullet sponges. Honestly feel it's how it should be played.

I fucking LOVE this game. More photos laters!  The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 2505020059
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2014 2:45 pm

@Stoney Right! The attention to detail in Joel's face was just astonishing. Really! Damn, I'm currently passing it on hard, but once I finish that I'll probably move onto grounded and skip survivor difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 8:22 pm

So, I tried setting the mood tonight, lights off, headphones plugged into the controller, not to mention the fact it's raining here and the breeze is something terrible, so that in itself added to the atmosphere, playing along, immersed to the hilt!, got through a load of human hunters, then, I find myself underground, on my own, and MAN! is it fucking scary  The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 725796345 almost pitch black, infected running all over the place and the sounds they make, you can only appreciate it with headphones on.

I mentioned previously I'm playing on Grounded difficulty, and fuck, this part is brutal, you have to find a key card, then start a generator and once you do that, infected come out of nowhere, including a fucking bloater, fuck, I'll be here for a while.

Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2014 11:35 pm

Stoney wrote:

I mentioned previously I'm playing on Grounded difficulty, and fuck, this part is brutal, you have to find a key card, then start a generator and once you do that, infected come out of nowhere, including a fucking bloater, fuck, I'll be here for a while.

Man I hated that part lol. The trick is to get the key card before turning on the generator and just run as fast as you can. Don't fight at all.
Back to top Go down
yonny616
Post-Game Enemy
Post-Game Enemy
yonny616

Earth

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:38 am

@Teckno That's exactly what I do. Fuck fighting that bloater.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 10:08 am

That cunt is standing in the hallway of the door, and on Grounded the infected can kill you in 2 hits, and I have no ammo for my guns. I do however have a molotov, but he still grabs me when I set him on fire.
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 12:16 pm

Stoney wrote:
I do however have a molotov, but he still grabs me when I set him on fire.

Making your death ever more painful. Razz
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 1:05 pm

I did it!  The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 2505020059 
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:12 am

Cabin, Winter, bloater + grounded mode.

Never again.  Sad 
Back to top Go down
Bluenose
Founding Father
Founding Father
Bluenose

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 9:46 am

R.I.P. StoneyJoel
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 9:06 am

I completed Winter last night. Man, I was so looking forward to doing a Grounded + after I completed this run through but I don't know how I'll get through that cabin with
Spoiler:
I lucked my way through it. And with latter of the two I mentioned in that spoiler it's a one hit kill for EVERY type of infected, even the most basic ones.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Final Boss
Final Boss
Stoney

The Gutter

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2014 8:54 pm

Update: I'm near the end, but holy fuck, I couldn't believe I got through that tunnel, the one with 6-7 clickers and 3 bloaters and a handful runners. Thank the Gods I hoarded my molotovs though.

Anyway, that's not why I'm posting, I'm posting because man, this game, this freaking game. I played and completed it on the PS3 (on hard) and after I finished it, I came to the conclusion that it was good, but not 200 GOTY awards good, I don't know, maybe I wasn't feeling it, but it was pretty forgetful and I even mentioned so on here a few times.

Oh how things have changed. Maybe it's the added immersion of playing with headphones + Grounded mode <--- ups the intensity tenfold, no, fucking one hundredfold, but this is hands down one of the greatest gaming experiences I've ever had. That FUCKING visceral, brutal combat, the acting, the dialogue, the characters, the little interactions between characters, cliched but awesomely presented story. It's been the kinda game where when I'm not playing, I find myself thinking about what I'll do next, or want to do (I'd put that down to Grounded mode) or just getting back into that awesome, awesome world.

I want to rate it 11/10 but the derpy, and sometimes frustrating, companion & human enemy AI holds it back from being a perfect game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Last of Us coming to PS4?   The Last of Us coming to PS4? - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Last of Us coming to PS4?
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next